Where's the Kyuu VS Jyu movie?

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Re: Where's the Kyuu VS Jyu movie?

Post by midorininger »

was sort of hoping to see how the jyuman viewed Garou, Champ, and especially Shou.... i mean the whole team is animal based, but even so ... they especially. or no! Stinger has a visibale tail so theyd suspect him of using a Mark of the King some how id think.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:29 pm
Greenstalker wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:46 am
Every 5 anniversary team gets a vs super sentai rather than a vs previous team. SHT 199 was that vs super sentai movie.
Except that Jyuoh got VS Ninninger (with random Sentai shit cameos that don't really count as a SS VS). Also Jyuoh got the SHT in addition to the VS, not instead of.
Jyuoh is the sole exception in this case and that is becuase starting from kyuurangers they are doing things differently with each year it seems.
Phoenix512 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:28 am
ViRGE wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:04 pm Although I seriously doubt this is the reason for the lack of a VS movie (especially given the recent date), Japan's prudishness continues to amuse me. Only in population-declining Japan could dating be seen as a bad thing. :lol:

(Alt response: it sounds to me that Hammie's the one getting lucky this time :mrgreen: )
That's because Japanese people want the idols seem attainable at all times. When the idols are going out with someone on dates, they get angry about it. It's in idol contracts that they can't date at all. That's also why you see news announcements about Japanese celebrities getting married and having kids years after the fact because they know the blowback they will get and usually have to apologize for finding happiness.
that is not always the case however. There are some scandals that were set by studios to increase the idols points. Especially if idol is aiming to become a star. Most of the time it is dome to protect idol though since there were many attacks on idols done by fans because they don't want to share idol.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Whelp. Kyuuranger has officially ended and there still wasn't a VS Jyu movie announced. It's the end of an era.:(

Kyuuranger killed VS movies!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think Toei running out of money killed the versuses. Which is too bad since seeing the two teams meet usually meant a better script than usual for a movie/v-cinema.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:23 am I think Toei running out of money killed the versuses. Which is too bad since seeing the two teams meet usually meant a better script than usual for a movie/v-cinema.
Oh? Just how poor is Toei? :shock:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, I'm talking out of my butt, but just the way everything is going makes it seem like they're cutting back on things.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:01 am I dunno, I'm talking out of my butt, but just the way everything is going makes it seem like they're cutting back on things.
Ahh, yeah. I certainly can't disagree there. There has been a marked decrease in how many MOTW costumes are created, for example. Still, I would have hoped that the VS releases were profitable.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

There are no Kyuranger VS Zyuohger, but has Kyuranger VS Space Squad as V-Cinema on this August...
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by kikaida »

It seems to me that it's good to give "programs" a break in order for them to be appreciated. Perhaps, it's just good planning on Toei's part to give the movies a break for a year or two and then start them up. It's better to have people say "I miss them" and "I want them" - rather than "I'm tired of them" and "why bother" . . . while this is off topic, I'm thinking that's the way people are going to start talking about Star Wars as movie after movie and show after show are in the works to be released. I already feel that way about Marvel movies . . .
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

But it seems weird to drop the versus while keeping the mediocre-at-best summer movie and replacing it with a Gavan tie-in. How much did Gavan sell his soul for to keep himself employed like this, since who else was asking for a Gavan/KyuuRanger crossover?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

And we had a Gavan crossover already. Was it really that popular? I thought it was pretty disappointing tbh
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Well, despite being mostly a Gavan movie, the Gavan parts were the worst. It was a nice 2nd Dekaranger V cinema though, if only for the S.W.A.T. scene.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Seems Producer Shirakura commented on the lack of a film.
https://twitter.com/cron204/status/960501181704421377
白倉伸一郎 (@cron204)
@hope114514 『新戦隊VS新戦隊』があり、『前戦隊VS前々戦隊』もあり…だとワケ分からないからです。
他にも理由は多々ありますが、個人的にも、同一フォーマットの番組どうしだから成立する従来の『VS』という趣向は、フォーマット崩しを意図していたキュウレンにはそぐわないと感じます。
A translation I read is that "he says he feels it's because Kyuranger doesn't work in the traditional Vs. format."; so, maybe 12:6 didn't seem like a good matchup? That's the best I can guess.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

That or they don't have enough suit actors or enough money to pay all the actors for it to happen.
Makai_Knight
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Mele, Moune, Sela
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Makai_Knight »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:32 pm A translation I read is that "he says he feels it's because Kyuranger doesn't work in the traditional Vs. format."; so, maybe 12:6 didn't seem like a good matchup? That's the best I can guess.

Guess that means Lupin vs Pat won't get a vs movie with Kyuranger, either.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”