Where's the Kyuu VS Jyu movie?

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Where's the Kyuu VS Jyu movie?

Post by Kurokage X »

nine rangers plus a three vs three. Yeah I don't see a Lupin vs Pat vs Kyuranger movie
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Along with the lack of a VS movie, I just realized that this means we don't get a Returns movie either. Which makes this the first non-anniversary season since Gosieger not to get one. So the main story of KyuuRanger really is done; it won't get a stand-alone epilogue like the last few series have.
takenoko wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:44 pm But it seems weird to drop the versus while keeping the mediocre-at-best summer movie and replacing it with a Gavan tie-in.
Technically speaking, what's actually been replaced here?

Sentai VS (winter team-up movie): Gone
Supeo Hero Taisen (spring clusterfuck movie): Gone
Sentai Returns (summer v-cinema): Gone
Sentai/Rider Summer Movie (summer double-bill movie): Still happening, as far as we know
Space Squad (summer movie): Returns
Amazons Movie (TBD)

I'm not really sure a continuation of Space Squad is a proper replacement for anything that has been dropped. The way the VS Space Squad announcement is being treated makes it sound more like a v-cinema release than a movie, especially as they immediately announced the v-cinema release dates, don't have any theatrical release dates yet, and they're calling it "v-cinext". Which in turn gives me the impression that any theatrical run will be the Japanese equivalent of a Fathom showing: just one or two showings at certain theaters. Which is very different from VS movies (which went from v-cinemas to theatrical releases nearly a decade ago). If anything it's technically taking the slot of the Returns movie. But one could argue that the initial Space Squad was a one-off thing (and I'm going off topic anyhow).

The one up-side i see here is that the quality of the plot in the Sentai VS movies took a definite drop once they became theatrical releases; they had to become more bombastic to justify their greater price tag. Which gives me extremely cautious hope that VS Space Squad won't fall into the same traps as the past Gavin movies. Then again, the original Space Squad was quite good outside of Gavin himself.
Lunagel wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:48 pm And we had a Gavan crossover already. Was it really that popular? I thought it was pretty disappointing tbh
And that's the part that really bugs me. We already did this in the KyuuRanger series proper. Meanwhile the Space Squad series purposely alluded to the idea that it could be any kind of Metal Hero/Sentai cross-over, including some groups we haven't seen in ages. Instead it's the most recent Sentai teaming up with Gavin yet again, plus yet another Space Sheriff. It really feels like the least interesting option they could come up with.

It honestly makes me wonder if Toei is intending to just burn this off in some fashion. As in they already had the Gavin and/or KyuuRanger casts under contract for a movie, so they're smashing everything together to fulfill everyone's contract at once.
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

The movie looks exciting! That's an amazing All-Star team right there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAu-BvFwnzI
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

https://twitter.com/tavion_jackson/stat ... 0245895168

Looks like it's a go....
As a musical...
In Korea...

:lol:
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:50 pm https://twitter.com/tavion_jackson/stat ... 0245895168

Looks like it's a go....
As a musical...
In Korea...

:lol:
I've got nothing here. This is weird even by my standards. :shock:
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

Maybe it also had to do with the early bird cameo not being as simple this time around, since there would have been TWO teams making cameo appearances instead of just one team.
IanDLBZF
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by IanDLBZF »

And now we have rumors of LupinVSPat VS Kyuu coming this winter so it seems like Kyuu VS Zyuoh won't be happening after all.....
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

That ship has sailed. If it didn't happen before Kyuu ended it's not happening period.
IanDLBZF
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by IanDLBZF »

Sounds like LupinVsPat Vs Kyuu is happening! Image

UPDATE - It's official....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sphuvqNixL0
Duskv20
Adventure
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Force
Dreamy: Bamba/Ryusoul Black
Favorite Actor?: Jun Shison
Favorite Band: Lisa Loeb
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Zenkaiger
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Duskv20 »

Wouldn't Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Chou Super Hero Taisen cover Kyuu vs Jyu since both teams are in it? Did it get subbed?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Duskv20 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:23 pmWouldn't Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Chou Super Hero Taisen cover Kyuu vs Jyu since both teams are in it?
Chou Super Hero Taisen movie has never been "Kyuu vs. Jyu" in the first place. Besides, it's more on Ex-Aid story and elements.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”