KyuuRanger Space.42 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:56 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆
31%
☆☆
No votes
15%

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.42 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.7 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt title: Local Prince Makes Sophie's Choice of Whether to Kill His Father the King or Not

After much deliberation, Prince Hot Tamale of Cayenne made the agonizing decision to NOT kill his own father. In his own words...

"Y'know, being king would be sweet, and it'd be totally justified since he's a bad guy in a Darth Vader suit. But then I was thinking that some people might react negatively if I kill my own father. So I just won't. So simple!"

His friends comment, "I don't know why he was so eager to kill his dad. It's not like saving his dad and saving the galaxy are mutually exclusive things. The bad guy literally said Aslan is just a mind controlled puppet. I bet he'll return to normal once we kill Don Armage anyway."

His female companions chimed in, "Don't ask me, I'm just a girl. Tee hee!"
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KyuuRanger Space.42 released

Post by Lunagel »

Is Tsurugi having a heart attack? Regardless, he's clearly a goner.

So with only 6-7 episodes left in the series, a couple of burning questions: Why does Earth have so much Planesium that it was necessary to spend most of the freaking series there? How are they going to pad out this high-stakes infiltration into 6 episodes? Is Garou like a reverse furry or something? Why THE FUCK DOES RAPTOR GET SHIT SCREEN TIME GODDAMN I THINK SHE PROBABLY HAD LIKE 15 MINUTES ONSCREEN TRANSFORMED IN THIS SERIES. Why is there a "holy night" in space, is there a space jesus or something? Can we get a refund on the Red this series? Can we get Melon Prince back onscreen please?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Watching this episode made me come to the realization that Garou isn't in love with Lucky. He's just Lucky's dog.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Except they keep trying to force that Lucky and Garou are really close, but they've never really had any moments acting buddy buddy. In fact, most of the scenes of Garou and Lucky are Garou claiming they are really close.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

So Lucky's space ninja masked father is not himself so he resolves to not kill him. Ok

so will Tsurugi die? What's the deal with him and the Don? find out in the remaining episodes

I have nothing else to say other than that it's ok
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:41 am Except they keep trying to force that Lucky and Garou are really close, but they've never really had any moments acting buddy buddy. In fact, most of the scenes of Garou and Lucky are Garou claiming they are really close.
Okay, maybe he's just a sycophant
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Never felt like this series from the writer is announced from last year. Mouri Nobuhiro who usually write for Kamen Rider to be put on main writer for Sentai. Although he is sub-writer for Go-Busters and Ninninger, but it's not enough to understand what is Super Sentai and write whole series, especially with 9 people at beginning. Kyuranger has 9 core membesr (later is 12), but the main focus is Lucky (with bad personality look like Takaharu in Ninninger), Stinger, Tsurugi, Naga Rei. The rest of cast do not has spotlight at all.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Kurokage X wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:12 pm so will Tsurugi die? What's the deal with him and the Don? find out in the remaining episodes
I don't know. I got a bad feeling about that too. Well, I hope he don't. It's quite rare to see 12 member fighting together until the last episode.

Trust me, even I don't like the fact of one or more member, regardless main, sixth or extra ranger/hero to die by the end of the series. I even freak out when Champ was obliterated by Scorpio, if not Stinger. Either way, I never like the idea of an ally dying through any methods other than getting old.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

kangchan wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:00 pm Never felt like this series from the writer is announced from last year. Mouri Nobuhiro who usually write for Kamen Rider to be put on main writer for Sentai. Although he is sub-writer for Go-Busters and Ninninger, but it's not enough to understand what is Super Sentai and write whole series, especially with 9 people at beginning. Kyuranger has 9 core membesr (later is 12), but the main focus is Lucky (with bad personality look like Takaharu in Ninninger), Stinger, Tsurugi, Naga Rei. The rest of cast do not has spotlight at all.
I admit that is true. Take ToQger/Shinkenger for example:
1. Six members in total including sixth ranger.
2. Each had at least two episodes focused on them. Simultaneously, those episodes also describes everyone’s development as well as closing the gap between other members and deepens their friendship.
More or less, I think that’s the words and sentences to describe the how good the series that has six members, excluding the extra ranger since their screentime is the shortest.
Perhaps, just to be honest, this series should end in more than 50 episodes, like Gorenger/Goranger. But I guess that’s not possible now, people will complain about why extending to two years or such. Well, I would like to complain why Gorenger/Goranger had 80+ episodes despite not having any extra ranger or sixth ranger.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

hiro9796 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:43 pm
kangchan wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:00 pmNever felt like this series from the writer is announced from last year. Mouri Nobuhiro who usually write for Kamen Rider to be put on main writer for Sentai. Although he is sub-writer for Go-Busters and Ninninger, but it's not enough to understand what is Super Sentai and write whole series, especially with 9 people at beginning. Kyuranger has 9 core membesr (later is 12), but the main focus is Lucky (with bad personality look like Takaharu in Ninninger), Stinger, Tsurugi, Naga Rei. The rest of cast do not has spotlight at all.
I admit that is true. Take ToQger/Shinkenger for example:
1. Six members in total including sixth ranger.
2. Each had at least two episodes focused on them. Simultaneously, those episodes also describes everyone’s development as well as closing the gap between other members and deepens their friendship.
More or less, I think that’s the words and sentences to describe the how good the series that has six members, excluding the extra ranger since their screentime is the shortest.
ToQger/Shinkenger both had much of the same staff (head writer in Yasuko Kobayashi and a head producer in Takaaki Utsunomiya) so, of course, they'll feel similar. :lol:

Checking TvN wiki, it seems Mouri was a sub-writer on OOO, Go-Busters, Gaim (3 of which were co-written with Gen Urobuchi ), Drive, Ninninger, and Ghost. Now being sub-writer doesn't mean automatically bad (since writers like Toshiki Inoue and Naruhisa Arakawa put out good shows despite starting as such) but Mouri's an example of it not working. At least, I feel that nothing in this show has felt anything beyond playing it safe and it's a shame. No one from Mouri to the Producers to the higher-ups seemingly wants to do anything memorable with this show.
Well, I would like to complain why Gorenger/Goranger had 80+ episodes despite not having any extra ranger or sixth ranger.
Same reason First Rider had 98 episodes, times were different back in the 70s and they weren't restricted to a strict toy schedule like the shows have nowadays. They still had toys, true, but there were no reruns or physical media for it so they just wanted to make a good show every week.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Giant robots! :D

Around this time every year they do a robo-heavy episode. And honest to goodness, it's one of my favorite episodes of the year. I do wish the fights were ea bit more hand-to-hand (Go-Busters, I miss you!), but it's always a hoot to see all the robos out kicking ass.

Side note: it looks like they forgot to turn on Raptor's eyes at 19:24. In fact I can't actually think of any moment until now where her eyes weren't on. So I believe this is our first look at the suit like this
Lunagel wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:56 pm Is Tsurugi having a heart attack? Regardless, he's clearly a goner.
He's clearly going to go the way of Obi-Wan here soon.:(
Why THE FUCK DOES RAPTOR GET SHIT SCREEN TIME GODDAMN I THINK SHE PROBABLY HAD LIKE 15 MINUTES ONSCREEN TRANSFORMED IN THIS SERIES.
I've honestly been scratching my head at that. It's not like the character is going long stretches without lines, so it's not a matter of voice actress availability, which would be my first culprit. The series does focus more on its human characters, and for good reason. But even among the suits, she gets the short end of the stick. I just don't get it.
Why is there a "holy night" in space, is there a space jesus or something?
Yes: Tsurugi. I mean just look at him. :P
Can we get a refund on the Red this series?
No refunds. But you can get a coupon for a free manicure once the show is over.:o
takenoko wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:00 pm Watching this episode made me come to the realization that Garou isn't in love with Lucky. He's just Lucky's dog.
In hindsight it's obvious. But I never realized that until now. He really is Lucky's dog: stupid and loyal. And he gets all the character development of one as well...
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Speculation: the current Don Armage is actually Cuervo.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:32 am Side note: it looks like they forgot to turn on Raptor's eyes at 19:24. In fact I can't actually think of any moment until now where her eyes weren't on. So I believe this is our first look at the suit like this
Oh woah I didn't catch that. If you pause at the right moment in the HD version you can barely make out the outline of an eye behind the goggles. Makes you wonder how the actress sees normally with that bright light in her eyes all the time.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:32 am
takenoko wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:00 pm Watching this episode made me come to the realization that Garou isn't in love with Lucky. He's just Lucky's dog.
In hindsight it's obvious. But I never realized that until now. He really is Lucky's dog: stupid and loyal. And he gets all the character development of one as well...
I just read a tumblr post comparing Chewbacca to Han's dog. Is that why Garou is here? Just to be an off brand Chewbacca???
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:00 am
ViRGE wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:32 am Side note: it looks like they forgot to turn on Raptor's eyes at 19:24. In fact I can't actually think of any moment until now where her eyes weren't on. So I believe this is our first look at the suit like this
Oh woah I didn't catch that. If you pause at the right moment in the HD version you can barely make out the outline of an eye behind the goggles. Makes you wonder how the actress sees normally with that bright light in her eyes all the time.
A very good question. The head isn't large enough that it's off-center. But there are some slits right below the glasses on each side, which we can sometimes see when Raptor is shot from below. I suspect that's how the suit actress sees out.

(Actually, do we know who Raptor's suit actress is? Toei has a tendency to use men, so I'm wondering if it's even an actress)
takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:18 pm
ViRGE wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:32 am In hindsight it's obvious. But I never realized that until now. He really is Lucky's dog: stupid and loyal. And he gets all the character development of one as well...
I just read a tumblr post comparing Chewbacca to Han's dog. Is that why Garou is here? Just to be an off brand Chewbacca???
That or a Mog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ26RApuQJo

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”