KyuuRanger Space.46 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:34 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
7%
13%

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.46 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.2 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt title: The evil is defeated

I think that was a 5 out of 5 for me. Almost everything in this episode works.

The reveal that Don Armage was just manipulating the situation to take Tsurugi's body is great. As much as I complain about the series, they certainly seed plot elements before they get revealed. Now whether they do a good job at seeding them (Cuervo is Don Armage, Lucky is a prince, etc.) or not is another matter.

So I'm guessing that Don Armage doesn't completely take over his new host, but rather both elements of their personalities are combined. While Cuervo probably wasn't evil before, his combination with Don Armage brought out the darkest aspects of his personalities. We know this since Don Tsurugi is basically just evil Tsurugi, with his mannerisms intact.

Two more episodes. I don't know if the series will redeem itself, but let's hope it ends on a strong note.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Re: KyuuRanger Space.46 released

Post by kangchan »

Until episode 46 and the villain look like nothing special, no growth, no reason to conquer universe, just to put everything in the situation that Don Armage has skill to take over human body... Because I like how villain growth and act during series, so with Kyuranger, I cannot stand with the motivation of Don Armage. At least with Zyuohger, the villains are more attract than this series.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Even if we don't see him again, Tsurugi is going down as the best 6th in a while. Once they toned down his superiority complex, he became a much more interesting character.

Anyhow, it looks like the show is going out with a bang. I don't think true redemption is possible - there were just too many bad episodes (and a lack of Raptor) throughout the season - but along with the Houou Solider and Orion arcs, the ending looks like it's going to be good.

And poor Pimp Commander! I'm sure he'll be back since this mostly seems to be about getting him out of the way to let Lucky lead, but still. Who's going to rock the purple for the next two episodes?!

If I did have one complaint about this episode, it's the fact that they overplayed the trap universe that Lucky was in by just a hair. If Pimp Commander hadn't literally said to give up, and similarly Hame's "pointless" line cut and replaced with something a little more subtle (maybe just enjoying being together one last time at the end of the galaxy?) then I think it would have made a more profound statement about Lucky's character. The trap was a little too obvious. Instead of Lucky fighting to the end, it still feels more like Lucky worked out that it was an illusion.
kangchan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:20 am Until episode 46 and the villain look like nothing special, no growth, no reason to conquer universe, just to put everything in the situation that Don Armage has skill to take over human body... Because I like how villain growth and act during series, so with Kyuranger, I cannot stand with the motivation of Don Armage. At least with Zyuohger, the villains are more attract than this series.
IMO, Armage still isn't a very compelling villain. Curevo Armage had a bit of depth to him, but Armage alone is still the very generic rule all/destroy all kind of big bad. Though I will admit he at least has a better reason than Jyuohger's big bad.
astonwave

Post by astonwave »

Oh, Lucky, you stupid, stupid son of a bitch. You had a chance to end it right then and there, and you didn't take it. Yeah, yeah, I get it, "The power of friendship" and all that, but Jesus man. Now he has a more powerful body. When your friend is quite literally telling you to kill him when he's sacrificing himself for all, you take it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So I'm guessing then that Cuervo wasn't actually ever evil, it just seems the Don is in control but uses their old voice and body.

Shame nobody else really does anything other than the reds.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”