KyuuRanger Space.47 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 am

☆☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆
23%
☆☆
No votes
38%

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.47 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.77 / 5 (13 votes)

Alt title: Well that was easy

Feel a bit conflicted about this episode.

The first part where they talk before the battle was great. And also very bad. Like Naaga talking to Balance about feelings, is awesome. And the Spada and Raptor one is okay. At least they know how to pair up the characters. But then you have Hame and Garou and Stinger, Champ, and Kotarou. And it's like "Oooh, these guys don't have anything to say since they're not very well developed." I mean, a significant part of the series is devoted to Stinger, Champ, and Kotarou, but they don't learn or grow as characters or do anything interesting. Champ says his catchphrase, Stinger sings a song, and Kotarou is just kind of there.

The battle is pretty boring, considering their plot immunity appears to have dropped. On paper, the plan is pretty good. Fake getting defeated until Don Armage bloats and explodes like an overfed pig. But in execution, it's just the KyuuRangers fighting a million guys like usual. Visually, it doesn't look any different from any other big mob fight.

Also, the pacing is weird in that you'd expect the KyuuRangers to be out of commission until the big battle in the next episode. Like don't draw it out to an excruciating length, just long enough to do a cliffhanger and have a little tension. Do have the "KyuuRangers die" and then be brought back within minutes really trivializes the conflict. 3 out of 5 stars, some good ideas that don't land in execution.

Alright episode for a penultimate episode. Worried the finale will just be 13 guys whaling on one dude.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KyuuRanger Space.47 released

Post by Lunagel »

[14:33] <~takenoko> https://78.media.tumblr.com/6bc9b30e71b ... o1_500.gif
[14:33] <~takenoko> whose fist is missing?
[14:34] <&Lunagel> no one
[14:34] <&DaVinci030> yeah. no one.
[14:34] <~takenoko> but there's only 10
[14:34] <&Lunagel> yeah
[14:34] <&Lunagel> one's dead and one's in don armage
[14:35] <&Lunagel> pay attention to the shows you translate!
[14:35] <&DaVinci030> they've become one with don armage.
[14:35] <~takenoko> so not 11
[14:36] <&Lunagel> shou's dead remember
[14:36] <&Lunagel> 12-1-1=10
[14:36] <&DaVinci030> stabbed in the back?
[14:36] <~takenoko> right, so 13 - 2 is 11
[14:36] <&Lunagel> what
[14:37] <~takenoko> 12 rangers plus shou as the extra ranger
[14:37] <&DaVinci030> a new savior appear?
[14:37] <&Lunagel> 9 rangers plus skyblue plus shou plus honou
[14:37] <~takenoko> so there aren't 13 rangers?
[14:37] <&Lunagel> I'm putting this thread on the forums
[14:38] <~takenoko> maybe if there weren't so many...
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

So all this time, takenoko is complaining about shows he doesn't actually watch. That explain a lot of things that happened recently.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Nah, his memory just slips sometime. Problems with getting old~
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'll remember things worth remembering~
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Simple plot with not surprising story in this episode. Finally Kyuranger come to the end...
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

3 of 5 is about right. It's by no means a bad episode - in fact the fight choreography is as good as ever for Kyuuranger - however the emotional beats were weak. Lucky's speech to Armage in particular just wasn't that interesting. He's a man of conviction, but he's never come off as all that threatening or clever.

Otherwise this episode was a smidge on the Deus Ex side. Since the plan isn't revealed to the viewer ahead of time, all we can do is accept that stuffing Kyuutatas in Armage will work, because the writers say so.

On the plus side, at least we finally seen WashiPink again after goodness knows how many episodes. :)

Finally, just how many times are they going to have to kill Armage? And by the same token, just how many forms is he going to get? We had Armage, Curevo Armage, Tsurugi Armage, whatever the heck Armage was after Tsurugi was expelled, and now Galactic Armage.
takenoko wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:42 am I'll remember things worth remembering~
That's okay. I had to stop and count in my head as well. 12 Kyuutamas seemed like to small a number.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

This feels like something out of Dragonball.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

Is it just me or do the KyuRangers still not have an actual solution on how to deal with Don Armage's "immortality"?

Don Armage is basically the entity from Fallen, just with Toku villain strength and the ability to (seemingly) possess multiple hosts at the same time.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This episode further proves that this show has absolutely no balls what so ever. Despite the previous episode, as well as this one setting up a dire situation of Tsurugi being possessed and the rest of the team being absorbed into Don Armage, Lucky just has a hunch and turns out to be right, making the previously built up tension moot, as he easily out gambits him with ease. To make matters worse, Lucky gets his Saiko Kyutama back after it was destroyed a few minutes ago. After an episode where the team fights Jark Matter forces for several days to the point of exhaustion, it turns out they lost on purpose and were never in any real danger because they believed the fuck out of Lucky. Its like the writers are afraid of making it too scary for little kids, so they pull their punches and have the heroes easily weave around the big bad. They could at least make Lucky permanently lose the Saiko Kyutama.

The more I think about it, this show has always pulled their punches. Trauma of being the last of your species, pep talk from Lucky and your for action in an episode. Guilt over letting your mentor die due to your recklessness, pep talk from Lucky an episode later and your good to go. Tension between two team members due to association with Jark Matter and may have murdered your creator, turns out he is a spy and he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it turns out you have the same goal. Team member pulling a heroic sacrifice and may end up permanently gone or lose previous memories upon being rebuilt, gets rebuilt with no consequences. Over reliance on luck causing you to breakdown when things don't go your way, do the same thing you already did and miraculously get it back. Its frustrating, since this show has alot of good ideas, yet either loses focus, or wimps out entirely.

Also, now Tsurugis' body is healed and he isn't going to die. Who'd have seen that coming?
Des_Shinta
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Steve Blum
Favorite Band: JAM Project

Post by Des_Shinta »

And that's not even getting into all the times Lucky has advocated for something that is in direct conflict with how any decent person would react. Promoting Suicide, reckless endangerment, blind faith over well-reasoned skepticism, The List goes on...and yet they're doing it here again with them rushing in without a plan, and any hindrance they should logically experience (like, say, Exhaustion of either themselves or the power they're relying on) has been deleted from the storyline for just a boring repetition of a badguy. Every other sentai team in this straights would have been plain worn out and looking for another tactic instead of forcing through with bullheaded Zeal. It doesn't sell them as smart, it doesn't sell them as talented or making use of the resources at hand, or even Splitting the party to deal with or become a distraction that would lead to the defeat of the big bad; it's just reliance on Luck powers, which like much of this series is just horrible storytelling when there's so much you could have done with anything and everything that it just chooses to Ignore for Lucky's own Glorification; Since they always choose the shortcut of 'I am right, whatever you assert is wrong' instead of letting the character or situation develop the drawing of one's own conclusions through either new information or Reflection. But kyuranger never takes the time to look back on what its asserting or the connotations of its actions. and it's so transparent about that that it's legitimately anger-inducing if you have any experience with even general science Fiction tropes the show is trying to make use of.
It's sorry to say, but this show so obviously lifts from so much other material with no Idea of how to utilize what it takes, that when you start asking 'what's the worst way they could pull off this plot they're reusing' with every episode trailer, You find you've guessed pretty much everything of note that happens; it's that predictable and gutted of anything entertaining.
jok3.14
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: No particular answer, maybe Drive and Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: No particular answer
Dreamy: No particular answer
Favorite Actor?: No particular answer
Favorite Band: No particular answer
My boom: Car, also I'm currently known as adak_rms, I can't change my name here.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by jok3.14 »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:34 pm
On the plus side, at least we finally seen WashiPink again after goodness knows how many episodes. :)
:D Enjoy WashiPink's last 2 Kyuu episodes,man. :D You're gonna need it.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”