KyuuRanger Space.Final (48) released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
26%
☆☆☆☆
22%
☆☆☆
22%
☆☆
9%
22%

Total votes: 23
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: KyuuRanger Space.Final (48) released

Post by hiro9796 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:57 pm
3/5 stars. If you ignore what people are actually saying or if you come in with no preconceived notions of the show or Sentai in general, the spectacle is pretty entertaining. Considering there's no emotional arc for the show, the epilogue showing everyone happy and successful is about as good as we can hope for. I mean, at the very least at least show Kotarou reuniting with his brother and giving him a hug or something. Or instead of Hame just saying she's in school, show her meet with Hoshino Minato and have them talk about life after Jark Matter. These are just a couple of ideas I thought of off the top of my head.

Edit: The Spada and Raptor semi hook up at the end was nice though.
Probably they were going to leave it in VS Gavan (Space Squad). Just a guess though
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

3/5 for the overall series. It was decent but not good... I think that Lucky end up being more likable that expected but without any doubt his plot mary sue armor was stronger than Daigo's.... My favorite characters were Tsurugi and Stinger and probably the middle of the show and the episodes focused on Tsurugi were the best ones. After the defeated Don Armage in the past the shows became just meh...

Thanks a lot for another great year and great work as always and special thanks to Takenoko for so many years of amazing work :)
Final Vent!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I've been trying to come up with some words to describe my feelings on the KyuuRanger finale, but truth be told it's difficult to be able to give enough of a damn to write a long-winded post when you don't really care for the series as a whole.

Overall, I think Takenoko hit the high points. The action was by-the-numbers but good, in the usual Sentai finale tradition. However it started getting a bit ridiculous when they had to defeat Armage a third time. And since he's an immortal anyhow, I really don't understand why the third time was the charm when all the other times failed to kill him, and by definition he shouldn't be able to die anyhow.

The character moments were weak, as you'd expect at this point and personified by the walking catchphrase that is Lucky. Especially considering we're not getting a Returns movie, and the real quick epilogue to the series was better than nothing, but disappointingly thin by Sentai standards. I did however like the callback to episode 1 with Lucky riding the meteors back down to the ground. It's as stupid as it was a year ago, but it still makes for a grand entrance.:P

Also, I'm surprised that no one has already mentioned this, but if you watch the credits, Hoshino Minato shows up for a bit in the Kyuutama doing the series' dance. For a character that barely qualifies as a background character, he sure appeared a lot in the series. Which goes to show that Hiroya Matsumoto is a large ham indeed.:lol:
Lunagel wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:49 amWHY THE HELL DOES EARTH HAVE SO MUCH PLANESIUM PLEASE I REALLY WANT TO KNOW.
That seriously is one of my greatest disappointments with this series. It would have been such a quick thing to explain, too.

I can only assume it's because the Earth is special, in the sense that humans always consider themselves special when writing space operas. Though I suppose it could also be a statement on the fact that the Earth is terribly overpopulated... :shock:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>I did however like the callback to episode 1 with Lucky riding the meteors back down to the ground. It's as stupid as it was a year ago, but it still makes for a grand entrance.:P

It's dumb, but having it happen a second time really is lucky! It might be one of the few things about Lucky that I do like, and I feel like a large part of that is due to the opening song playing in the background when he does it.

>Also, I'm surprised that no one has already mentioned this, but if you watch the credits, Hoshino Minato shows up for a bit in the Kyuutama doing the series' dance. For a character that barely qualifies as a background character, he sure appeared a lot in the series. Which goes to show that Hiroya Matsumoto is a large ham indeed.:lol:

We need to buy him a drink or something for putting up with this series.

>I can only assume it's because the Earth is special, in the sense that humans always consider themselves special when writing space operas. Though I suppose it could also be a statement on the fact that the Earth is terribly overpopulated... :shock:

Just put a McGuffin in the planet core or point out that Earth is on a big intersection between constellations. This one would be based on science since all the constellations in the show are only possible from our viewpoint. (If you move to a different solar system, the stars would be in different places and thus would have different constellations).

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”