Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Ultraman X the Movie Released

Post by DaVinci030 »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ultraman_X ... r_Ultraman

Okay, it's a direct sequel to Ultraman X series. I know you guys are watching the series 'cause it's licensed. This movie is about the mysterious kaijus and the giants of light at the Baradhi Ruins, and the new power you've never seen before (Oh wait! Have you watched Shin Ultraman Retsuden Tiga Special and CM?)

There are Ultramen appeared in the movie: 'Our' Ultraman, Tiga, Zero, Ginga, Victory, Nexus, and Max.

If you're a Tiga fan, actress Yoshimoto Takami played as professor, Tamaki Tsukasa. Oh how I've missed her, she previously played as Yanase Rena, an officer of GUTS who supports Ultraman Tiga in the past and Daigo's love interest. It's been 20 years, right?

I give it a 4. Thanks to zeta_gundam for translating, and xiiliea for timing.

Poll results:

☆☆☆☆☆
25%

☆☆☆☆
50%

☆☆☆
13%

☆☆
No votes

13%

Total votes: 8

PTM966666
Adventure
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mikie Hara
Favorite Actor?: Tom Hanks
Favorite Band: Coldrain
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Ultraman X the Movie Released

Post by PTM966666 »

Holy sh*t, I've been finding the sub for this movie all the time, X is one of my favorite ultra series. Thank you so much for subbing this
Revieloutionne
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Dreamy: Terui Ryuu
Favorite Band: Stravinsky

Post by Revieloutionne »

I thought you didn't sub licensed projects?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Revieloutionne wrote:I thought you didn't sub licensed projects?
We don't sub stuff that is available subbed on DVD. The dubbed movie does not fall into that category.
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

i guess X-mas comes early for me, woohoo!

wait, isnt that prof. tamaki's actress is the one that play rena from tiga?
Verfor99
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Verfor99 »

:D
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack

Post by DaVinci030 »

HyouRetsuzan wrote:wait, isnt that prof. tamaki's actress is the one that play rena from tiga?
Read my very top post.

gzillafan17
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: "Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy.They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Post by gzillafan17 »

I'm kinda new to this and I have a few questions. Where exactly do I download this and what do I do with the file. Is the file the actual movie with subtitles and is it just the subtitles that you attach to a copy of the movie, thanks for any help.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

gzillafan17 wrote:I'm kinda new to this and I have a few questions. Where exactly do I download this and what do I do with the file. Is the file the actual movie with subtitles and is it just the subtitles that you attach to a copy of the movie, thanks for any help.
You can download the whole video file with subtitles from our tracker via torrent software.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

You can tell they had a bigger budget cause they gave Xio 3 Musketty's. It was a very enjoyable movie a lot better than the previous Ginga movies. I'm kinda disappointed that Yoshimoto Takami didn't use the Spark Lens considering she was Rena in Tiga.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I think this worked well as an Ultraman X movie/sequel, but I'm not really feeling the 50th Anniversary side.

First of all, the good: X serves as a nice return from Orb, with a lot of chemistry going on between a fairly large attack team. It's great to see Tiga and Ultraman with more advanced suits and effects; I recall one longer sequence concerning Tiga that would have been nearly impossible by the point of his original show. Zero's brief talk with X was a nice touch, and the movie draws a fitting conclusion to the series, showing what's changed and what's the same in X's world now that Xio know Daichi's identity. The suit acting is also done quite well; Ultraman's actions and body language seem almost identical to how the Ultra acted 50 years ago. In addition, I think the TV star's redemption was a quite well-done subplot; despite the larger-scale action, it didn't feel particularly forced in. Finally, the movie gets more points for the beginning scene with Baltan. That was pretty neat.

The bad: ultimately, this is mostly an X movie rather than an anniversary celebration. Tiga and Ultraman, despite 2016 being their 20th and 50th respective anniversaries, don't truly show up until two thirds through the movie, and even then neither warrior's host appeared. I'd have hoped that the actor for Hayata would have made an appearance; I'm sure the actor (who appeared as recently as 2012's Ultraman Saga) wouldn't mind appearing again, at least as a voice. As it is, Ultraman feels more like a side note than a star; when push came to shove, it was up to X and his new armor to save the day. I felt like KR Ichigo was a weaker movie than it could have been because of Ghost's involvement, but at least it recognized that it was primarily an anniversary movie. That said, this was labeled "Ultraman X: The Movie," so perhaps I'd misjudged what the roles should have been.

Finally, the ugly: the other five Ultras teased in the trailer hardly showed up at all. I am tempted to give the movie an entire star for Nexus appearing and to subtract two for his being criminally underused, but alas, I must be more objective. Some of the Ultras talked a bit, but they have no real point in the film. While their involvement didn't feel as lazy as it was in last year's Ginga S movie (probably because such a massive crossover wasn't the point of the film this time), it seems that Tsuburaya need to work on handling a massive amount of Ultras better. As it is, it seemed that the other Ultras were simply there so they could be put in the trailer. I'd also say something about "random humor," but I found it more tolerable than either newer Rider series in retrospective, and I've complained too much about it elsewhere for such criticism to have much point here.

Overall, the movie is entertaining and certainly has its upsides. That said, it seems like after the Zero trilogy, Tsuburaya's movies have felt more like specials than films. The movie served its purpose as a sequel and epilogue to X, but I'd been expecting something more along the lines of an anniversary movie. Perhaps if they'd limited the cast to Ultras especially close to each 10th anniversary (Ultraman, Leo, Tiga, Mebius, and X), worked on fleshing out their roles (or at least explaining why they're in X's world), and had some more reappearing actors (preferably portraying the same characters from their respective series), I think its anniversary part would've worked much better.
Last edited by Mxylv on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
gzillafan17
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: "Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy.They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Post by gzillafan17 »

Lunagel wrote:
gzillafan17 wrote:I'm kinda new to this and I have a few questions. Where exactly do I download this and what do I do with the file. Is the file the actual movie with subtitles and is it just the subtitles that you attach to a copy of the movie, thanks for any help.
You can download the whole video file with subtitles from our tracker via torrent software.
Thanks, but I ended up finding the Direct Download, but do you know what the filed called End part is, with just the first file it seems to contain the whole movie.
zigmenthotep
Adventure
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zigmenthotep »

Overall enjoyable, always happy to see Nexus even if it's only a cameo.

However they missed a huge opportunity, ultramen fighting all over the world is the perfect time to bring out Powered and Great.
Verfor99
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Verfor99 »

gzillafan17 wrote: Thanks, but I ended up finding the Direct Download, but do you know what the filed called End part is, with just the first file it seems to contain the whole movie.
The "end" file is a full-screen-size of the clipshow that aired alongside the credits.

Speaking of clipshows, are there plans to do the "22.5" post-series clipshow episode that was skipped in the official release?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack

Post by DaVinci030 »

Verfor99 wrote:Speaking of clipshows, are there plans to do the "22.5" post-series clipshow episode that was skipped in the official release?
No plans for that. Plus, I hate clip shows.

Return to “Ultraman”