Kamen Rider Build 2017-18

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kamen Rider Build 2017-18

Post by Lunagel »

stardrago wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:29 am say you saw the latest pv of the game Kamen Rider Climax Fighters yet? It had official english subs included; in one part it showed an official catch phrase for Build; "Well then, let the experiment begin.". Do you have plans to include this in the rest of the subbed episodes when he says it? Also, it might be a spoiler but for the 2nd ep there is a news article about Build towards the end and someone had been grateful enough to translate it, you think you can include it in when editing subs for episode 2?

Spoiler
Whereabouts of the fugitive "Kamen Rider" unknown

The public is asked to provide any tips or information on the still-at-large mystery man "Kamen Rider", who was put on the wanted list by the Touto government.

"Kamen Rider", whose existence had been uncertain until recently, appeared in public the past few days and continues to engage in battles with the special forces and wreak havoc.
Yesterday too, the special forces have encountered "Kamen Rider", who violently refused when asked to identify himself. He shook off an attempt at capture, and escaped.
The same day, an apartment building in Area U2 had exploded; this too is thought to be connected to "Kamen Rider".

While some media outlets portrayed him as hero before, the very opposite seems to be the case.
The previous day "Kamen Rider" was was put on the wanted list for aiding the escape of the prisoner Banjou Ryuuga, who had escaped from Touto Central Prison. The intent "Kamen Rider" is still unknown. Today, he has been seen yet again collaborating with the prisoner Banjou Ryuuga. In response, the government will intensify their search.
While no civilians have been harmed as of yet, it is impossible to tell what might happen from now on.
I think we'll be sticking with what we have currently for the catchphrase, mostly because I prefer "So" to "Well then" for the initial "Saa".

Will not be putting the whole text translation in the sub because no one wants to pause and read that, but might translate it myself and put it on our wiki. I'm not comfortable stealing another translator's work without permission.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

So I know there are those that would stick with the name "Blood Stark", but it does seem to be Stalk as seen in the Ganbarizing card for him, as well as for the action figure, the stand has his name as "Blood Stalk", not to mention for merchandise of boys underwear has it like that which includes NightRogue, Build's Best Match form names, as well as the official name of the secondary rider;
Spoiler
Cross-Z
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

The official names from Toei are the Japanese ones. The romanizations are not "official".
Spoiler
The official name of the secondary rider is クローズ and not Close, Clothes, Claws, Cross, or Cross-Z.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I'm going to post this here and link it if anyone asks. Despite the Ganbarizing card and the S.H. Figuart being written as "Blood Stalk", I'm very confident that this is a simple l/r mistake. My reasons as follows:

1) The word "stalker" is very common in Japanese and is usually written as ストーカー (sutookaa). If Toei wanted to use "stalk" then they would have taken it from this katakanization and gone with ストーク (sutooku), which is the accepted writing as you can see here. As スターク (sutaaku), it would not be immediately recognized as being from "stalker".

2) I asked a native Japanese speaker who had no prior knowledge of the show his opinion of what the romanization would be. He replied that it probably Stark like Tony Stark.

3) Checking two Japanese websites explaining the meaning of the name (which you can see for yourself here and here) both conclude that the intended meaning for Blood Stark's name is 血まみれ (chimamire) which means "bloodstained" (caveat: this is also what you get when you type "blood stark" into google translate and go from English to Japanese).

I conclude therefore that Blood Stark is supposed to be, in essence, "nothing but blood" or "completely bloody" or some variation thereof. It is for these reasons that we will be continuing to use the romanization "Stark" in our subs.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

njb wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 pm The official names from Toei are the Japanese ones. The romanizations are not "official".
Spoiler
The official name of the secondary rider is クローズ and not Close, Clothes, Claws, Cross, or Cross-Z.
Well it could be they did this as a homage to Kamen Rider ZX, in which his rider name is pronounced; Z(Zet) Cross and the produces decided to switch it for this dragon themed rider as well as since ZX theme song was called "Dragon Road".
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

oh hey, I had just found a image showing the official tv lyrics for "Be The One" so if the translators want to can check it out and see to update anything in the next episode
Spoiler
http://boards.4chan.org/m/thread/15993673
you need to scroll down to the part having 10/29/17(Sun)00:20:18 to find it
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

stardrago wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:15 pm
njb wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 pm The official names from Toei are the Japanese ones. The romanizations are not "official".
Spoiler
Well it could be they did this as a homage to Kamen Rider ZX, in which his rider name is pronounced; Z(Zet) Cross and the produces decided to switch it for this dragon themed rider as well as since ZX theme song was called "Dragon Road".
Yet
Spoiler
クローズ is ku-ro-o-zu. Where's the Zee/Zed sound for Z? It's non-existent. TV-N will most likely just adopt Cross, since they've already used Cross when the dragon attack (Cross Bullet, I think?)
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

njb wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:39 pm
stardrago wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Yet
Spoiler
クローズ is ku-ro-o-zu. Where's the Zee/Zed sound for Z? It's non-existent. TV-N will most likely just adopt Cross, since they've already used Cross when the dragon attack (Cross Bullet, I think?)
However,
Spoiler
you may need to open it in a new tab to see it.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

well, for those that saw the episode featuring the debut of Kamen Rider Cross-Z, you would also see that in the show they do have the cobra man's name is "Blood Stalk" in English, just like in Ganbarizing card, take that you non-believers.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Because whoever coined the name was fluent in English right?

Because Gord Drive was totally a thing.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:33 am Because whoever coined the name was fluent in English right?

Our favorite pumpkin-driving Rider.:D
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:33 am Because whoever coined the name was fluent in English right?

So your still saying I'm making a mistake even with the promotions for over at this link?
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000119956
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yes. You are wrong. My father works at Bandai and my mother works at Toei and they told me it's actually supposed to be Blood Stark and some intern messed up and it'll cost too much to fix at this point.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

stardrago wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:43 pm

So your still saying I'm making a mistake even with the promotions for over at this link?
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000119956

Okay man, I know this is your pet peeve, but you gotta realize, this decision isn't about you. I'm not saying "oh man I hate stardrago so let's specifically choose this spelling to piss him off". You're not wrong, the spelling is definitely Stalk on the card and on the figure, no denying that. I'm saying that there are reasons *besides* the English spelling to take into consideration.

Don't take it personally cause I'm not changing it unless someone specifically says "this is what his name means" either in show or in an interview.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”