Kamen Rider Build 2017-18

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kamen Rider Bulid

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm getting W vibes, but rather than half and half it's mix and match. Which I guess is the meaning of build.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Re: Kamen Rider Build 2017-18

Post by Mxylv »

So he uses two capsules to transform? So... does that mean Build is a knockoff of Ultraman Geed?
Spoiler
Which is a knockoff of Orb, which is a knockoff of W and Ginga, which is a knockoff of GoKaiger, which is a knockoff of Decade?
ONORE, DECADO!

Seriously, though, I'm feeling like a whole bunch of things are just knocking off of everything else by this point.

Design-wise, at least he doesn't have pupils or hair, but wow, maybe they should have looked to W for reference on which colors worked together. That said, if I could get used to Ex-Aid I probably won't have a problem with this.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
HenshinForPie
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Phillip (sigh)
Favorite Actor?: James MacEvoy
Favorite Band: Florence and the Mac
My boom: Noragami
Quote: "Sometimes we all need to give in to the madness."
Nostalgia Critic-Kickassia
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by HenshinForPie »

I actually really like Build's base form! It's sleek and cool looking, and I love the asymmetrical look. The only part that bugs me are the things coming out of the eye part, especially with the "Cleaner" bottle part. That plastic wiper looks like it would snap off it Build was punched in the head! Also, the part with the spiky eyepiece looks cool, but would make no sense in battle. Wouldn't it hinder your vision? (I have the same problem with Snipe's base form and the "hair" blocking one eye.) But since this is a kids show, looking cool is more important than practicality when it comes to Rider suits.

As for color clashing, I feel that the two color choices work well together for the most part. There have been much worse suit color combinations in the past. (I'm looking at you, Boost Damashi with Goemon Eyecon.)
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Can't even lie his suit is pretty cool. From jump it's already vibing with me. I can easily see this being somewhere in my top 5 Rider Forms.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I like the suit. It looks really cool.
I was expecting Build to be made up of building blocks or being a model kit in his base form, but I guess we'll get to know the true meaning of the name when the series comes.

One thing that is interesting about Build is that the show will air when the Heisei era ends and a new one begins. So should we call him a Neo-Heisei Rider because his show starts this year, or should we call him [insert name of the new era here] Rider because most episodes will probably air after the Heisei era is over?

I found a pretty cute picture of Build with W and Ex-Aid.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Oh, did the Emperor officially give a resignation date? I say for now let's consider him a Heisei rider.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The current emperor will step down January 1, 2019, making that the official first day of the new reign of the next emperor (assuming he lasts another year and a half, hopefully) Build will be the last Heisei only Rider, the next one will bleed into the next era.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Perhaps a bit farflung for a topic about Build, but I hope they do something for the next era Rider to really spice things up.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Official staff notes and plot synopsis are here!

Synopsis, staff, etc. (though TorchWood's already posted this elsewhere):
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/07/kam ... -revealed/

More staff:
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/07/kam ... announced/
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Lunagel wrote:The current emperor will step down January 1, 2019, making that the official first day of the new reign of the next emperor (assuming he lasts another year and a half, hopefully) Build will be the last Heisei only Rider, the next one will bleed into the next era.
Will he finally be replaced by this Emperor Neo-Heisei I'm always hearing about?
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

I think Build's profession should have been a chemist those Full Bottles look more like chemistry lab equipment
kamen rider build
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: abc

Post by kamen rider build »

Three main script writers of three recent Rider series: Kamen Rider Ghost - Fukuda Takuro (born 1961) Kamen Rider Ex-Aid - Takahashi Yuya (born 1978) Kamen Rider Build - Muto Shogou (born 1977)
Fukuda Takuro and Muto Shogou are not experienced with Kamen Rider. Takahashi Yuya previously produced the manufacturer for the Tokujo type of drive Tokujo. It is possible to guess the trend of the producers now is to choose people who have no experience writing Kamen to let their created freely, blowing new winds for the Kamen Rider series. However, this is quite adventurous

As Fukuda Takuro , he put the drama pieces psychology into too much, making films far into the philosophy of things. In addition to the script writer to write too much leading to rambling, not focused (he only wrote 23/50 episode only). The first 12 episodes he wrote okay, then Alain was fine. Gradually scattered, causing the film to be buried. Very bored. Kamen rider Specter movie he wrote very well.Takahashi Yuya is nothing to say. had been writting all 45 episodes. Knowing the story line, thank to the experience of recruiting, action, has created an impressive Kamen Rider with amazing plot twist.
Muto Shogou, a young script writers just like Takahashi Yuya . Specialized in writing emotional drama (many famous series) and some action movies. From the first episode, we saw the charming humor in dialogue. . Quite impressive. Long way to know how Build. We have our eyes on it

watch my channel:
http://www.dailymotion.com/dangtuanviet2018
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Are you just running webpages through Google translate and posting them to the forums? Feel free to plug your links, but we're mostly a discussion forum. A more conversational style of writing would probably be more effective here.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

say you saw the latest pv of the game Kamen Rider Climax Fighters yet? It had official english subs included; in one part it showed an official catch phrase for Build; "Well then, let the experiment begin.". Do you have plans to include this in the rest of the subbed episodes when he says it? Also, it might be a spoiler but for the 2nd ep there is a news article about Build towards the end and someone had been grateful enough to translate it, you think you can include it in when editing subs for episode 2?

Spoiler
Whereabouts of the fugitive "Kamen Rider" unknown

The public is asked to provide any tips or information on the still-at-large mystery man "Kamen Rider", who was put on the wanted list by the Touto government.

"Kamen Rider", whose existence had been uncertain until recently, appeared in public the past few days and continues to engage in battles with the special forces and wreak havoc.
Yesterday too, the special forces have encountered "Kamen Rider", who violently refused when asked to identify himself. He shook off an attempt at capture, and escaped.
The same day, an apartment building in Area U2 had exploded; this too is thought to be connected to "Kamen Rider".

While some media outlets portrayed him as hero before, the very opposite seems to be the case.
The previous day "Kamen Rider" was was put on the wanted list for aiding the escape of the prisoner Banjou Ryuuga, who had escaped from Touto Central Prison. The intent "Kamen Rider" is still unknown. Today, he has been seen yet again collaborating with the prisoner Banjou Ryuuga. In response, the government will intensify their search.
While no civilians have been harmed as of yet, it is impossible to tell what might happen from now on./spoiler]
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

It's an Bandai Asian localisation though. They can be hit or miss.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”