Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules
Image

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
User avatar
Lunagel
Dances with Dinosaurs
Posts: 7001
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Magiranger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gekiranger
Location: Japan

Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by Lunagel » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:21 am

So this looks... convoluted?

I mean, the first time I watched it, it sounded kinda good, but the more you think about it the less it makes sense. Why Mars? What is the point of him losing his memory? What's up with the chick's "mysterious power"? Can you really call a Rube Goldberg machine an invention? Why would they call the monsters Smash when they know I'm just gonna call them Smash Mouth?

I hope they can pull all of these together coherently, but I did translate Ghost so fool me once...

njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:52 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Fourze
2ndFavoriteSeries: Amazons

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by njb » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:12 am

That Gunpla reference :lol: Also, Hiroki Nagase is now Ryuuga!
Ex-Aid will end with... 45 episodes? Since Build will start first week of September, that leaves 4 episodes in August for Ex-Aid.

PS to the subbers: I'm perfectly okay if this gets ignored, but the font used for the characters' lines is the same as the one used for Kyouryuuger's villains, which can be a bit confusing in terms of the consistency.........
Currently watching:
- SS: Kyuuranger, Goseiger, Dekaranger
- KR: Build

Finished:
- SS: Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Kyouryuuger, Jyuohger, Kyouryuuger / Dino Force Brave
- KR: Decade, Double, Fourze, Gaim, Ghost, Amazons, Ex-Aid

User avatar
Lunagel
Dances with Dinosaurs
Posts: 7001
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Magiranger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gekiranger
Location: Japan

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by Lunagel » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:41 am

njb wrote: PS to the subbers: I'm perfectly okay if this gets ignored, but the font used for the characters' lines is the same as the one used for Kyouryuuger's villains, which can be a bit confusing in terms of the consistency.........
It's temporary, just getting stuff out there.

Farr
Adventure
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:52 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by Farr » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:42 am

Well certainly someone played to much Survival Games with Basebuilding.
Feels like they already gave us half the Season of what's happening, or is it just me that thinks that this Time the Trailer was kinda long?

Not sure what to say thou, mostly a Characterslideshow with way to much stufff already out in the open, I mean the Rider being infected from or being a Individual from the enemy Faction himself is an open Secret in KR anyways, amnesia is nothing really new either.

Really doesn't feel like it will be anything new, so let's hope they can deliver it in a shiny new Package.

While I'm not a Fan of the Crank on the Driver, the overall Design of it as well as the Suit looks satisfying for a first Glimpse.

€: And yeah wtf is Pandora's Box doing on Mars anyways xD

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Posts: 3623
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2ndFavoriteSeries: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:18 am

I don't really get the bottle theme with the belt.

User avatar
TorchWood
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:26 pm
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Location: Lincoln, CA

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by TorchWood » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:20 am

So, is it Kamen Rider Build, Kamen Rider Binary Components, or Kamen Rider Mixer?

And, why do I sense a convoluted storyline is incoming? Isn't multi-layered another word for convoluted?
Gashatto! Let's Game! Meccha Game! Muccha Game! What's Your Name? I'm A Comment Writer!

kangchan
Infinity
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:48 am
Male: Yes

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by kangchan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:11 am

I heard my friend in Japan said that Ex-Aid got the low-rating, so that's why Toei has to end it with 45 episodes and debut KR Build soon in September.

I wonder about the writer of KR Build: Shogo Muto. He is from drama, same place as the writer of KR Ghost. In the early interview, he said that he will write a series which suitable for children and family. Still worry about this comer in Tokusatsu.

User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 26251
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by takenoko » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:57 am

Toei, we need to have a talk about self-control. You can't throw every idea you have into a bowl and expect it to yield a tasty baked good at the end?

You've got:
-Mythology - Pandora's Box
-Space/sci-fi - Mars
-Construction theme
-Amnesia
-A fugitive rip off?
-Some faction system going on
-A genius who also appears to be a goofy idiot

The trailer is ridiculous. How many concepts do they introduce in it? If it were a better studio or had strong talent behind it, sure, bring together these disparate elements to create a masterpiece like Gaim. But that's so rare, that I'm super skeptical at this point. It really doesn't look like Toei learned anything from Ex-Aid at all.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Posts: 3623
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2ndFavoriteSeries: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:32 am

But Take,

Toooooooooys!

kangchan
Infinity
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:48 am
Male: Yes

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by kangchan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:32 am

takenoko wrote:Toei, we need to have a talk about self-control. You can't throw every idea you have into a bowl and expect it to yield a tasty baked good at the end?

You've got:
-Mythology - Pandora's Box
-Space/sci-fi - Mars
-Construction theme
-Amnesia
-A fugitive rip off?
-Some faction system going on
-A genius who also appears to be a goofy idiot

The trailer is ridiculous. How many concepts do they introduce in it? If it were a better studio or had strong talent behind it, sure, bring together these disparate elements to create a masterpiece like Gaim. But that's so rare, that I'm super skeptical at this point. It really doesn't look like Toei learned anything from Ex-Aid at all.
The Chief Producer of KR Build is the same with Ex-Aid and Kyuranger: Sasaki Matoi. He is the Producer from TV Asahi and now take the lead-role for both Sentai and Rider series.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Posts: 3623
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2ndFavoriteSeries: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:40 am

Shit. So this is the direction they think they need to take for the future of Sunday morning Toku?

I just listened to a preview for the OP and it sounds shit as well. Hype levels set to zero.

User avatar
Draccy
7X
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:50 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: One Piece
2ndFavoriteSeries: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by Draccy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:14 am

I'm excited for this to start, but I wish Javel clone was our rider and not... goofier Philip.
The actor says he likes Kabuto and wants to be Tendou-ish? Or something. Translation for the conference could have been off.

Why Mars? Well, it's the most "alien life must have resided here at some point" planet, so why not put one of the strongest mythological devices on it?
This story will definitely be convoluted, but maybe it'll fair better beginning to end?
I mean, it can't be worse than Ghost... and I'm hoping for a Drive kind of going.

User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 26251
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by takenoko » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:38 pm

kangchan wrote: The Chief Producer of KR Build is the same with Ex-Aid and Kyuranger: Sasaki Matoi. He is the Producer from TV Asahi and now take the lead-role for both Sentai and Rider series.
I guess I still don't understand how much influence the producer has on the creative aspects of the shows?

User avatar
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Posts: 3120
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:33 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gaim
2ndFavoriteSeries: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Deadly Premonition
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by Kogashi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:48 pm

kangchan wrote:
takenoko wrote:Toei, we need to have a talk about self-control. You can't throw every idea you have into a bowl and expect it to yield a tasty baked good at the end?

You've got:
-Mythology - Pandora's Box
-Space/sci-fi - Mars
-Construction theme
-Amnesia
-A fugitive rip off?
-Some faction system going on
-A genius who also appears to be a goofy idiot

The trailer is ridiculous. How many concepts do they introduce in it? If it were a better studio or had strong talent behind it, sure, bring together these disparate elements to create a masterpiece like Gaim. But that's so rare, that I'm super skeptical at this point. It really doesn't look like Toei learned anything from Ex-Aid at all.
The Chief Producer of KR Build is the same with Ex-Aid and Kyuranger: Sasaki Matoi. He is the Producer from TV Asahi and now take the lead-role for both Sentai and Rider series.
... Welp, I feel Kamen Rider and Super Sentai had as good of a run as one could have hoped for up till now. Real pity to see it hitting a hard stretch like this but hey, every long running sci-fi series that helps define a country has their dark days. Doctor Who is just finally pulling out from being run by Moffat, and look at how jumble Star Trek has been for a while. Will be interesting to see if SS and KR pull out as well.

I mean dear lord, I know I've fallen off from watching this stuff weakly due to my own hang ups but yea, convoluted, 5 or 6 different perfectly fine starting points to base a whole series around shoved into one show. No one's even talked about how his base for is, apparently, Rabbit Tank form. It's just a jumble of everything. I'm sure once the show starts it'll be frustrating but not nearly as bad as they're selling it here but this is not the greatest way to present this. Heck I'm having a hard time keeping track of all the moving parts and I'm not the kids these shows are meant to be aimed at.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

resop2
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:25 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2ndFavoriteSeries: Treasure 5

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by resop2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:41 pm

After rewatching the THREE MINUTE trailer I am now wondering if this is going to be three different shows? You have a Kamen Rider with amnesia, a fugitive who insists that he is innocent, and a magical girl who can stop rampaging monsters. It would be tres experimental if they did run this as three rotating shows, each week having their plots intertwine a little more until the last six episodes where they unite as one show.

Post Reply

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”