Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by Revorse »

Everyone seems pretty down on it. lol but the suit is dope at least? Here's hoping he gets cool abilities and fight scenes.
YuushaGamer
Quote: I play to win
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by YuushaGamer »

no i have to say this time i am unimpressed with this one ex-aid is such a good series i wouldn't mind a season 2 i just don't want it. i think build is a bit of a joke rider to be honest i don't think i will be enjoying this one
twitter: @YuushaGamer
youtube: YuushaGamer
twitch: twitch/YuushaGamer
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

It looks good, but the suit looks like discount Kamen Rider Double.

Also, let's be honest people, at this point, we can't tell how good/bad the show will be.
NOMarfo
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

kangchan wrote:I heard my friend in Japan said that Ex-Aid got the low-rating, so that's why Toei has to end it with 45 episodes and debut KR Build soon in September.
God damn it, Ghost.

Edit: Looking at Ex-Aid rating on the TV-N wiki, and if that is in Japan, and the numbers account for Millions, that is good.
NOMarfo
jedimax
7X

Post by jedimax »

I am intrigued. I can't wait.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

nanamarfo wrote:Also, let's be honest people, at this point, we can't tell how good/bad the show will be.
I mean there's SOME truth to this but we can at least express how good or bad the promo for the show is, which is meant to get our attention and prepare us for the show proper. And the general impression of the promo is *loudscreamingashethrowsjustthingafterthingonthewall* for about 3 minutes, which does not raise one's hopes.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

kangchan wrote:I heard my friend in Japan said that Ex-Aid got the low-rating, so that's why Toei has to end it with 45 episodes and debut KR Build soon in September.
Does your friend have a source? Not to sound so down on you but, it kinda is on the same level as "My uncle works for Nintendo!" without one.
Now, I have heard that the Build Driver is releasing around 9/3 so, the suits wanted to debut the show around then but why they chose September is still anyone's guess.
I wonder about the writer of KR Build: Shogo Muto. He is from drama, same place as the writer of KR Ghost. In the early interview, he said that he will write a series which suitable for children and family. Still worry about this comer in Tokusatsu.
So was Blade's first writer, Shoji Imai and Ex-Aid's Yuya Takahashi. It's nothing new to the franchise.
Catastrophe wrote:
kangchan wrote:The Chief Producer of KR Build is the same with Ex-Aid and Kyuranger: Sasaki Matoi. He is the Producer from TV Asahi and now take the lead-role for both Sentai and Rider series.
Shit. So this is the direction they think they need to take for the future of Sunday morning Toku?
Just to add to what kangchan said,
Tokusatsu Network wrote: Sasaki Motoi of TV Asahi will return as chief producer while TV-Asahi’s Ayumi Kanno, returning from Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, will return and be joined by Chihiro Inoue. Toei producer Takahito Omori will continue on from Ex-Aid.
Sourced article
takenoko wrote:I guess I still don't understand how much influence the producer has on the creative aspects of the shows?
From what I've heard, a lot? They're usually the ones who have to check off the toys Bandai comes up with and I believe help with casting (if the comments I've read about Producer Naomi Takebe casting who she knows/has idol factor has any gull to it).
One example I can think of offhand is one of those interviews Urobuchi did re: Gaim where he said that when Takebe asked him to write for the show that everything was already set in terms of the fruit theme and whatnot and he just had to write it. Naturally, this meant when stuff like Energy Baron or the other toys came in that he had to adjust the show to allow for it all.

Though, there's also stories such as Hideaki Tsukada having to fight to have Double look how he did because the suits didn't think it'd sell or the infamous Hibiki screwjob where Takatera refused to make adjustments despite... I think it was low toy sales? The actual reason escapes me at the moment.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

Been a while since I posted on these forums, but man, I really hope this show is good. It's got a giant mixed bag of too much happening and too many elements for sure, but hey. At least the costume actually looks good this time. So there's that. But between Ghost, Ex-Aid, and Drive (although I heard that one was alright once you got halfway through, but that's still shit writing), I just really want another good KR series. Not even great or amazing, just good. Just entertaining with characters I can care about and with actually good writing. Is it really that hard Toei? I really hope it's good. If anything, the premise has me intrigued about how all these elements will fit together...though I don't think it will at all. Then again, I didn't think Gaim would be able to, and well, look at how that show turned out. So, we'll see. I just hope It's good enough so I don't drop it after the first ten-ish episodes like I have the past three seasons.
HenshinForPie
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Phillip (sigh)
Favorite Actor?: James MacEvoy
Favorite Band: Florence and the Mac
My boom: Noragami
Quote: "Sometimes we all need to give in to the madness."
Nostalgia Critic-Kickassia
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by HenshinForPie »

I'm actually pretty excited for Build, despite the many elements it has. The suit looks cool, and the premise actually intrigues me more than Ghost's and Ex Aid's did at first. As for your questions, Lunagel, Sento has amnesia so he can eventually recover his memory over the season at key points. And he has a Rube Goldberg machine because that's film shorthand for "eccentric genius." (See any live action Disney comedy from the 90's for reference.) I can't wait to check out Build next month, and I'm hopeful that we'll get a great show.
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

i smell theres gonna be 'lemme Smash' meme circling around build later :lol:

to the one that said exaid got low rating, didnt exaid got toy sales award ? i found its hard to believe if exaid got low rating despite most of the comments i read at fansites seems to be satisfied with exaid.

our protagonist might be a kaizou ningen judging by the trailer? unhh faction system is just for the sake of plot stretching? idk it feels weird when suddenly wall that divides japan into 3 region and then there is prime minister on each region which may indicates theres going to be power struggle between region, whos da best etc etc

suit wise, it looks promising despite the W feel (i call it or maybe others did too, W 2.0)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

The next series already?! But I'm not ready for Ex-Aid to end! Especially not if it's going to get screwed out of episodes. How is it the god-awful Ghost gets 50, and then a good series only gets 45? :(

Anyhow, I'll keep an open mind. But I agree with Takenoko that at first glance it gives me a strong impression that they decided to blend together about a dozen different ideas into one show. Which I suppose isn't all that new for Kamen Rider (fruit ninjas fighting an ecosystem invasion with master locks, anyone?), but it feels even busier than usual.

On the other hand, these trailers always look more dramatic than the actual series. Go re-watch the Ex-Aid trailer. Everyone will recognize the core elements of the series, but how they came together is a lot different than the trailer hinted at. Trailers lies.
nanamarfo wrote:Edit: Looking at Ex-Aid rating on the TV-N wiki, and if that is in Japan, and the numbers account for Millions, that is good.
The numbers on the wiki are our weekly polls. I don't think actual Japanese viewership numbers have been posted in a couple of years now?
Lunagel wrote:Why would they call the monsters Smash when they know I'm just gonna call them Smash Mouth?
For the KyuuRanger teamup, of course. It gives a whole new meaning to an All Star Crash. :lol:
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

say, of the 3 capitals, shouldn't Seibu suppose to be Seito; like in the name of the Hospital that has CR in Ex-Aid which could make a possible future reference of the possible Movie War that may come out later to connect the series.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

stardrago wrote:say, of the 3 capitals, shouldn't Seibu suppose to be Seito; like in the name of the Hospital that has CR in Ex-Aid which could make a possible future reference of the possible Movie War that may come out later to connect the series.
No, the district name is 西部 (seibu) and Seito Hospital is 聖都. The second character is the same, but it's a very common one that means department, organization, division, capital, etc., and can be read as either (bu) or (to), depending on the previous kanji. The first character isn't even similar, so they're clearly not supposed to be connected.

They're obviously going for an amalgam of Tokyo and Kyoto's names for Touto. 東京+京都=東都
DaiMomotar
Humongous
Favorite series: Kamen Rider V3 !!
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Miu Kazashiro
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Miyauchi
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: Tatakau seigi no...

Post by DaiMomotar »

I always liked the reoccurring elements series after series and the way they borrow and nod from each other legacy shows (rider/sentai sometimes ultra). I felt like Brave reminded me of Ren that was cool to feel. But this may be to many instances of that at the same time?
Des_Shinta
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Steve Blum
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Des_Shinta »

Well At Least Takaiwa-San seems to be having Fun.
Just look at that Swagger.

Honestly got decent hopes for this. Yeah, it has a high chance of being convoluted, but the Show's head writer Shogu Moto is experienced in Drama's, so he's not that different from Yuya Takahashi or Gen Urobuchi to me, albeit not having worked much on anime. He's admittedly not as familiar with the medium as Riku Sanjou proved to be, but it seems they're pulling from the same pool for new writing talent. Plus, the guy said he's a Fan, so he isn't a total outsider. Ryuta Tasaki's normally a good director (as long as you keep him away from Color Filters), and Kenji Kawai as a composer will mix things up from the last few years where the main composer has been...I think some combination Of Shuuhei Naruse and Koutarou Nakagawa? I like Kawaii's Music, I've not heard much of it lately with exception to Ultraman Geed.
That Takahito Omori for Toei and Motoi Sasaki for TV Asashi are the producers again is a bit more concerning considering...well... Omori's track record is inconsistent and self-sabotaging at best, and much of the 2012-onwards decline has, as others here have pointed out, in some way involved Sasaki in Rider and sentai. He's not as awful as things done under Shirakura get in my opinion, but you can as much see 'let's repeat what worked without understanding what about what worked actually worked' in stuff he's been involved in. So I would put my money on them complicating things.
but at least unlike Gaim-Ex-aid, the first arc of the series won't be just rushed and/or crowded to hit a certain point before the winter crossover due to it starting earlier in the year. That should definitely help with early pacing.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”