Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: Kamen Rider Build Trailer released!

Post by mholden020 »

Looks good to me! :D Disappointed that the new series will ultimately cause Ex-Aid to end with only 45 episodes and make it even shorter than Toqger, especially after Ghost seemed to drag on forever. I do like how the Toei KR trailers have evolved over the past couple of years though:

Ghost: HE DIED LOL
Ex-Aid: Will have drama! Also check out the funny chibi-like Rider form :lol:
Build: Here's a full description of the show!

I actually like that it was a full description of what's going on even if it is a lot of stuff to cram into three minutes. If they have a a lot of crap to explain, that's less time spent fighting monsters that serve no purpose at all. It's worked with Ex-aid, it worked with Gaim (right up until the ending :evil: ), and it's kinda-sorta working with Kyuranger. I don't mind a lot of plot stuff if it keeps the show moving, but having a lot of plot stuff and nothing going forward (LOOKING AT YOU, GHOST) is just mind-numbing.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Lunagel wrote:
stardrago wrote:say, of the 3 capitals, shouldn't Seibu suppose to be Seito; like in the name of the Hospital that has CR in Ex-Aid which could make a possible future reference of the possible Movie War that may come out later to connect the series.
No, the district name is 西部 (seibu) and Seito Hospital is 聖都. The second character is the same, but it's a very common one that means department, organization, division, capital, etc., and can be read as either (bu) or (to), depending on the previous kanji. The first character isn't even similar, so they're clearly not supposed to be connected.

They're obviously going for an amalgam of Tokyo and Kyoto's names for Touto. 東京+京都=東都
I find it strange though, since all three were (direction)+部. I would expect that 部 would be pronounced the same in all three cases.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

njb wrote: I find it strange though, since all three were (direction)+部. I would expect that 部 would be pronounced the same in all three cases.
Japanese is quirky like that.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Well, this will follow the usual Kamen Rider Wizard rule...

Cool suit. Cool power premise... shit show.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

With the trailer showing so many bits and pieces and devices all over the place, I get the sense that this is another Kamen Rider buffet of tropes to inadvertently juggle and then drop the pins and balls juggled...

I mean a buffet is good to glut all various types of dishes... but each one is made quick, fast, and have set for a period of time that definitely attributes to the "un-fresh" of the dish. And no one ever remembers anything standout of a buffet either... just a state of full, or not full....

Kamen Rider, like any media devolving, exemplifies such....

Instead of trying to see what sticks by throwing all manners of tropes out quickly at a time, Toei should try and make a meal to remember.... But since Fourze, I don't think such has ever happened Post-Decade.

Again, I blame Den-O, that started to trickle with Kabuto, with that whole nonsensical Iron Chef, to that Make-Up doppelganger.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

But, it was established early on that Tendou Souji had insane cooking skills (and was reinforced very often through his cooking for Juka). Souji's cooking was one of the main themes of the show, not just some buffet entry. Also, there were three separate cooking duels in the show (Ramen, Iron Chief, and the Kageyama Shun vs Takatori Renge test to see who could be Souji's aide). As for the Make-Up doppelganger, that's what the MOTW did, imitate other people.

On the other hand, Kabuto was a buffet of troupes. One troupe I thought was amusing was the bishounen overload to the point where I was calling this season the Kamen Rider High School Host Club. (What was truly amusing was that the actor who played Sasword was in Ouran High School Host Club TV, and played both roles almost the same.)

Corrected the name spellings -take
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

It was how the cooking ordeal was handled that became theme-parky.

The ramen arc was understandable. It also tied into the fiscal downfall of what Ji and Tsugiri had as a problem - due to ZECT being the main income cutting them off. That cooking battle had no other relatable tie-ins, even more so that the stage for that was also out of nowhere.

The Make-Up doppelganger demonstrated that even the Riders is subject to being mistaken and thus diverted from their tasks by interference from other enforcements, not just ZECT. But the way it was portrayed (that one particular scene with them DBZ-lite battling) was plain... well trickling of things to come that popped up now with Rider series.

Renge, yes she subsisted on uncooked rice, but does that mean other ZECT trainees underwent such Gaim-like training in seclusion and torment? That is a question that opens up and never even acknowledged.
Hanadi Sensei
Favorite series: Toqger, W, Drive, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Shinkenger, Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Mio of ToQger and Tsukasa of LuPat
Favorite Band: Hello Sleepwalkers
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Cosplay ROM

Post by Hanadi Sensei »

Had a feeling the one who discovered the Pandora box is one of Fourze's crew... Or Fourze himself.
Not surprising if that Foundation X will be connected in this series (in the Ex-Aid/Build movie at least)
Kinda excited for the series but not with the actors.
KSC
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: I'm neither a delinquent nor a villain, though I'm hardly what you'd call a ally of justice, either.

Post by KSC »

Well, count me in as being excited! I dropped out of KR after Fourze (which I loved) as I wasn't feeling Wizard so much. Then came Gaim, which I hated at first, and abandoned after ep8, but after seeing such constant praise about it (and thinking everyone else must be out of their minds), I tried it again, and now consider it one of the finest shows in the series. In Toku, for that matter. After Gaim, nothing felt as satisfying. I quit Drive after 20eps and while aware of their existence, never bothered with Ghost/Ex-Aid.

Anyway! Yesterday I got the usual CSToy activation email (that I usually delete at this point) and for whatever reason decided to open it. In it I see the new Build Driver and Fullbottles. A few mins later I'm watching the trailer and then soon realize the show is actually starting THAT day. It must be fate! :lol:

I'm liking the suit, Sento isn't annoying me, and the gimmicks while quirky, I'm fine with them. Ive since learned from fruit shaped locks and melon armor to never judge a Rider by its Driver. And the best part, for me, is the writer did Crows 0 and I'm a huge Crows fan, huge.

Anyway, nice to meet you all. I've been a TVN fan/supporter for years, so it's about time I swung by.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

dumb question about an angle I just noticed...

think there's a chance for them putting a "3 Kingdoms" vibe on to this? I didn't realize the Prefectures (for lack of a better name) would be in competition.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”