KR Build 01 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:39 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
No votes
6%

Total votes: 49
Dareon
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Dreamy: Escape
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, Count up your sins.

Re: KR Build 01 released

Post by Dareon »

Cyborg-Lucario wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:50 am I like it. The world seems interesting as far as I can tell.
Build's design looks really good and reminds me a bit of W (and another thing that's like W is that people talk about him like an urban legend and calls him Kamen Rider).
So yeah, I'm excited for what will happen next. ^w^

Another thing I'm excited for is Kamen Rider Climax Fighters coming to PS4. Now I really need to get one as soon as possible (I'm thankful the current generation of consoles are region free).

Oh, and about the sexuality of the protagonist and the deuteragonist so do I also wonder if they're gonna be openly gay. Dragon Ball Super did introduce an official lesbian couple the the current arc (and it's not the two female Saiyans from Universe 6 (though they may be), and it was a respectful representation while not slamming their relation in the faces of the audiences.
So if Dragon Ball can do it, so do I hope Kamen Rider can have a same sex couple too.

I mean, they already had a gay Rider in Gaim, so it shouldn't hurt to have another gay Rider this season (and it would be cool if that was the protagonist).
Who are the couple from Dragon Ball Super?
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Dareon wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:27 am
Cyborg-Lucario wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:50 am I like it. The world seems interesting as far as I can tell.
Build's design looks really good and reminds me a bit of W (and another thing that's like W is that people talk about him like an urban legend and calls him Kamen Rider).
So yeah, I'm excited for what will happen next. ^w^

Another thing I'm excited for is Kamen Rider Climax Fighters coming to PS4. Now I really need to get one as soon as possible (I'm thankful the current generation of consoles are region free).

Oh, and about the sexuality of the protagonist and the deuteragonist so do I also wonder if they're gonna be openly gay. Dragon Ball Super did introduce an official lesbian couple the the current arc (and it's not the two female Saiyans from Universe 6 (though they may be), and it was a respectful representation while not slamming their relation in the faces of the audiences.
So if Dragon Ball can do it, so do I hope Kamen Rider can have a same sex couple too.

I mean, they already had a gay Rider in Gaim, so it shouldn't hurt to have another gay Rider this season (and it would be cool if that was the protagonist).
Who are the couple from Dragon Ball Super?
Kakunsa of the Magical Girls trio The Kamikaze Fireballs and Vikal, a harpy like fighter. Both from Universe 2 and the counterpart of Universe 11 who are represented by the Sentai inspired Pride Troopers.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
GaMa7
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Drawing Comics
Quote: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before".
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gamaseven/?hl=it

Post by GaMa7 »

An ok first episode. The Pandora's box as the (now) center of the events seems pretty nice: like the artifact in ancient myths it left out all the evils in the worlds, maybe enhancing the ones in the three future governors of the then constituted states. Maybe Hope is still in the sealed box, waiting for the Final Form to be unleashed?
Sento is a mixed bag, literally: we have a lot of characteristics we've seen in previous riders so, ironically, for a character who's already full of misteries and quirks he seemed to me less intriguing than Ryuuga, who's more straightforward in basically every term possible and almost "classic", being experimented on by a secret organization and maybe escaped before receiving final surgery to become Smash. all the episode have some sort of classic Showa rider: like the just mentioned situation even things like characters literally bumping into monsters who are waiting just outside the shot. And Sawa, being the professional journalist that she is, immediately tries to snap a photo, with the monster an inch from her face :)

Another classic hint is the "bat man", I was expeting the "spider man" being hinted in the shadow but nothing for now, sadly. The suits in general didn't wowed me. Build looks quite generic and, like Sento, a mix of things that didn't help the result to stand out that much. I wasn't a fan of Ex-Aid style but at least it had it's unique design. And the "bat man"...wow, I really almost always missed his "bat-like simbol" between all the pipes and the big chimney-like horn that stick out from his forehead. Anyway, I liked the action in the last part, pretty wacky and fast-paced. All in all, not an unwatchable episode with parts that really help me want to watch the next one.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Ah, so you only need to insert the six Marks into Pandora's Box to gain access to Zyuland!

Oops, wrong show
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
kamen rider build
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: abc

Post by kamen rider build »

This post based on Vietnamese fanpage Hội thích coi năm anh em siêu nhân, search on facebook
The beginning of the film is a full story of the Sky Wall event that divided Japan into three parts. The episode takes place in the Touto region - the ideal of peace, but there is a Guardian army of robots , is this peace imposed? not completely natural This detail reminds me of the fact that the Berlin Wall and human experiments also happened in Nazi Germany.
I speculate that the physicist killed a year ago discovered something and the internal research institute (VNC) killed him and then deliberately blamed Ryuuga, then use his body to perform Smash experiment. When Sento rescues Ryuuga, Gentoku immediately orders them to leave alive in order to destroy evidence, as well as not worrying about the other Rider trying to help Humans cleanse Smash. Is VNC the place to experiment Smash under the guise of research box Pandora?
At the end of the film, when the Knight Rogue is standing in a corner to watch the battle and says that there is going to be a big turn , one more question is whether Ryuuga has truly escaped or has the Knight Rogue released with what purpose?
The Isurugi house must wait a few more hours to make a statement, but do not forget to add another question as to where the source of Misora's ability come from?
Visit my dailymotion channel: http://www.dailymotion.com/dangtuanviet2018
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Huh, did you run that post through Google Translates or something?
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

This has to be the most tonally incongruous KR episode I've seen since Ex-Aid's Christmas special. That said, I kind of like the bit of grit it does have. Ryuga (who I can only guess will be the secondary rider) doesn't start out as much of a jerk as Hiiro was, and the episode doesn't seem to introduce any Sennin/Director character for unneeded comic relief. With that said, Sento feels a little bland, and I'm not sure if his bit of self-praise is supposed to be a flaw he'll get over throughout the series or a quirk that supposed to be played off for humor. I like it that the main rider is considered a criminal, though, and I really like the near-future, slightly post-apocalyptic setting and atmosphere. In any case, I liked this way better than either of Ghost or Ex-Aid's first episodes; it'll be interesting to see where it goes from here.
Last edited by Mxylv on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Overall, the show feels like they are going for a Showa Rider plot with Heisei Rider aesthetics. It all feels both familiar and different.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Some other miscellaneous notes:
  • Using math equations for a Rider Kick seems somewhat campy, but in a good way.
  • The driver doesn't sing/rap throughout the transformation.
  • I want to make a Trump joke, but I probably shouldn't.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”