KR Build 01 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:39 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
No votes
6%

Total votes: 49
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Build 01 released

Post by VerusMaya II »

His hair sticking up just reminds me of a cockatiel, not a rabbit. :V

edit: pls read my tryhard essay on the last page i have lots of strong feelings on this (ง •̀_•́)ง
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Decent start to the season.

First Sentai and now Kamen Rider going into overly obvious alternative reality mode through back-story that cannot be reconciled with past series. Intentional?

Also, any word on why the broadcast time is shifting? Considering the amount of actual humans killed by the protagonist in just this first episode, I could understand if the shift was to accommodate a slightly older intended audience down the line.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:08 am Well, the setup is needlessly complicated and the advisor dude was more "fucking creeper" than the "funny pervert" they were going for.

I mean, I didn't hate it, but not all too impressed either.

Before someone mentions it, yes, we're going off the official stuff for Furu Bottles because a) furu means "to shake" and b) those bottles aren't exactly full.
I still prefer Full Bottle and besides for other bottle drinks, even though there full they still have the top parts empty with air, also isn't part of Build's finishers suppose to be "Boltech" instead?
Also, do you think you can make a v2 for the episode for certain phrases; like the part of Sento's conversation with the cafe owner Souichi the part of him saying "I don't remember anything" to "they don't remember anything", as well as the rent wasn't it suppose to be "Of course I was" cause "Of course it does" didn't make sense. there was also the part with Sento's conversation with Ryuga, shouldn't that part included a question mark like "Gas Mask? Human experiment? What do you mean?"

If you do make a v2 will you also subbed the Henshin Couse that was posted on youtube like with Uchu Sentai Kyuranger?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Although the flash back showing the meeting of Sento and Ryuuga is straight out of a yaoi manga, in Kamen Rider Hibiki, Todoroki and Zanki (2) had one ton of yaoi subtext (even though their characters deny it in the narrative). So, they've been down this path before and nothing came of it, therefore don't set your hopes too high.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

stardrago wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:59 pm I still prefer Full Bottle and besides for other bottle drinks, even though there full they still have the top parts empty with air, also isn't part of Build's finishers suppose to be "Boltech" instead?
We went with "Vortec" because it's written ボルテック (borutekku) and it sounds more based on "vortex" (borutekkusu) than "bottle" (bottoru). I didn't see any official sources for that one so went with gut feeling. Although thinking about it I think I'm going to change it to Voltec since the finishers don't really look like vortexes.
stardrago wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:59 pm Also, do you think you can make a v2 for the episode for certain phrases; like the part of Sento's conversation with the cafe owner Souichi the part of him saying "I don't remember anything" to "they don't remember anything", as well as the rent wasn't it suppose to be "Of course I was" cause "Of course it does" didn't make sense. there was also the part with Sento's conversation with Ryuga, shouldn't that part included a question mark like "Gas Mask? Human experiment? What do you mean?"
Dang, first suggestion makes more sense now that I think about it. *sigh* guess we're v2ing this
stardrago wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:59 pm If you do make a v2 will you also subbed the Henshin Couse that was posted on youtube like with Uchu Sentai Kyuranger?
That's not how v2s work. And we've got that one in qc, but decided not to release this week for spoiler forms.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Well, I just thought that it would be "Boltech" like a shortened word concept for it like, Bottle Technology. Also, it seems, from the cm part of Ganbarizing we got the official name of the bat man, Night Rogue, also with how long it is will there be a 720p format as well like you guys did with the trailer for Build?
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

A 720p release is already on the tracker, unless you're referring to something else?
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
HenshinForPie
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Phillip (sigh)
Favorite Actor?: James MacEvoy
Favorite Band: Florence and the Mac
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Noragami
Quote: "Sometimes we all need to give in to the madness."
Nostalgia Critic-Kickassia
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by HenshinForPie »

I liked this episode a lot, and think its a good solid basis to start the series on! My only complaint was that most of the cast didn't get much screentime, but that can be excused since its only the first episode. I honestly like Sento's cocky attitude and general geekiness, and I think his chemistry with Ryuga is very good. I highly doubt Ryuga and Sento will be a couple officially, but that's what we have fanfiction for. I'm looking forward to seeing where we go from here!
hinomars19
Go Go!
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa keiko
Favorite Band: Koda Kumi
Quote: Yui Koike is like a kitten wrapped in cotton wool eating candyfloss. This cannot be disputed. You try, I flip your table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by hinomars19 »

For what it's worth, Tekkaman Blade had an attack named 'Boltekka' (ボルテッカー) and he had nothing to do with bottles. Or Vortex's really. I always assumed it was a non-word that sounded cool that perhaps was based on 'Bolt' or 'Volt' (of light/ lightning) and Tekka since it's his name. Or perhaps it is from the word vortex. Not sure, but it feels more like a standard attack 'suffix' used in many shows.
As for the furu bottle phrase, due to the nature of the Japanese language double meanings and puns are much more standard, and words can often have the luxury of coexisting harmoniously between 2 different meanings simultaneously to the Japanese mind. 'ふるボトル' 'Shake bottle' (The action he uses) could be intentionally used to also sound like a pun on 'full throttle' (riders, bikes...). It could be all, or non, of any of our ideas or suggestions, and ultimately to the Japanese ear it's likely inconsequential. For me, writing 'Full Bottle' in the subs, whilstit pleases our eye-ear coordination the most, just feels 'off'

Then again...it does gel with the Full throttle pun...

:D
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I think "bottle technology" is a bit far away from bolutekku to be realistic. If they wanted to reference the bottle, it'd probably be"bottotekku". hinomars19 is probably correct with the "it sounds cool" hypothesis
KRMonkey
Go Go!
Quote: ...dynamic chop!

Post by KRMonkey »

Impressive job of getting out the new series so fast!
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

And speaking of gaping plot flaws, Skywall.... Isn't Japan a giant island with lots of ocean around it...

So... why the fuck can't they still connect the three regions with a fucking sea train? Have Link be the Hero of Trains here! And if there is a divide, why isn't the fucking Earth affected by it and it is EXPLICITLY mentioned that other nations are vying for each of the three pieces?

Just let Build bottle enough fairies to defeat the final boss!

I sense a three rider series here.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

takenoko wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:07 am /me orders verus to commit apologetic harakiri
/me Second Life sense tingling :P

on the topic I like it so far he is mch better as a character than ghost or ex-aid. Other than obvious W reference I think there is some fourze in the mix (especially the astronaut costume) The bad rider ( I assume it is bad anyway) being a totally different rider than build is also a bonus (since wizard I think almost all secodanry and such riders were having same theme as primary rider but before that although source of power was similar the rider concepts were different)
Renigami wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:30 am And speaking of gaping plot flaws, Skywall.... Isn't Japan a giant island with lots of ocean around it...

So... why the fuck can't they still connect the three regions with a fucking sea train? Have Link be the Hero of Trains here! And if there is a divide, why isn't the fucking Earth affected by it and it is EXPLICITLY mentioned that other nations are vying for each of the three pieces?

Just let Build bottle enough fairies to defeat the final boss!

I sense a three rider series here.
Almost all japanese shows focus on japan especially morning kid shows that is not something new. If you look at how far those walls extend you can see that it easily blocks out manageable sea area too should I mention japan gets lots of seismic activity in form of earthquakes and tsunami? A sea train would be hardest thing to put out in just 10 years and it wouldn't change the fact that country being split into three and each section would require some sort of government to keep things running. We also don't know how skywall effects things does it passable over it or that anti-gravity even effects the air above to upper atmosphere. Does communication devices work through wall or does it block most signals and only reason they can get information about other states because some cargo ships caries resources among three state as well as information.

For rider count we will see but i think we might get more than three, considering there is already two in one section of country.
Last edited by Greenstalker on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Seems that Build's bike is based on the Honda CRF230.... but someone correct me if I am wrong in sight.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Greenstalker wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:36 am
Almost all japanese shows focus on japan especially morning kid shows that is not something new.
I am not complaining on the over usage. I am pointing out a flaw.
Greenstalker wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:36 am A sea train would be hardest thing to put out in just 10 years and it wouldn't change the fact that country being split into three and each section would require some sort of government to keep things running.
You have sea cargo ships, you have airplanes. You have fucking Build level technology proliferate (well semi). And you have communications. At this point, it is not a feudal level excuse to simply call it quits and split the government. I would buy it more if those three factions are aiming to recapture Pandora's box instead, rather than what is given weakly in the opening.
Greenstalker wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:36 am We also don't know how skywall effects things does it passable over it or that anti-gravity even effects the air above to upper atmosphere. Does communication devices work through wall or does it block most signals and only reason they can get information about other states because some cargo ships caries resources among three state as well as information.
It is agian EXPLICITLY stated in the opening parts of the episode that foreign - FOREIGN nations are eyeing for each region, and I also emphasize EACH. That means the whole world is not impeded by the wall, in any form - physical or informational.
Greenstalker wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:36 am For rider count we will see but i think we might get more than three, considering there is already two in one section of country.
I am at the time being not considering Kiva's third cousin a rider - in the same vein as Shadow Moon. I may change my mind if Future Kiva gets a bike however...

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”