KR Build 05 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:00 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
27%
☆☆☆☆
65%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 26
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 05 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Master is Pandora Incarnate

Last week's results: 4.64 / 5 (22 votes)

I feel like Master is still hiding stuff. Like how did he break Misora out by himself?

Pretty good Sento episode (although his actor looks bored as fuck when he's standing over his hurt friend). We finally learn a bit of his back story, although it's not very much of anything significant.

Terrible Banjou episode. I get he's supposed to be a bit dense, but he's so caustic and unlikable. It's like they gave up some of his characterization just to shove him into a plot point where he and Sento are at odds. It's a little lazy, even if his plan to follow a Smash back to base is a decent one.

I like Blood Stark so far. I don't really know what he's planning or doing, but at least he's talking to the protagonists and making his intentions known. It's hard to care about villains if they're just super mysterious and you don't know what they're about.

Just a 4 for me. Still hoping that Build gets better.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Build 05 released

Post by VerusMaya II »

New theory: Blood Stark is the supposedly dead Devil Scientist. Night Rogue's voice alteration still sounds more or less like Gentoku imo, but Blood Stark's alteration doesn't match anyone we know so far.

Obviously Master is still hiding stuff, he pretty much said he prefers Sento to find stuff himself first, and on a metagame level it's only ep 5 so they can't blow their backstory load quite yet.

Agreeing with Ryuuga's characterisation though. "Innocence" this, "innocence" that... even when Sento tries to explain he's doing what he is for just that, Ryuuga supersedes him with his own plan. Which is decent enough, I guess, but very reckless. Hideouts are usually the most protected part of any gang or villain, so why does he think he can just leisurely follow a Smash back and expect results? Actually I know the answer to that. He's not thinking, cos that's how they've written him so far. I hope we see some real growth from him soon. Maybe this plan failing will deal a blow to his ego and he'll chill for a bit.

Sento still a cutie, but having a hard time seeing him as the guy in those photos. For one "Satou Tarou" sounds like a super fake name (kind of a "John Smith" vibe), and two, math knowledge doesn't just come from nowhere. Surely that pre-existed... so what's the deal??
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

The whole Satou Tarou reeks of a secondary plan by Faust to try and distract Sento from other operations. But apart from that i'm enjoying the way things are progressing, Ryuuga's development and urge to clear his name fits for the current time-spot. Reporter lady still gives me an uncomfortable vibe, Master is fun and interesting and god do i want to build Blood Stark's outfit for a cosplay, that and Ninja Entertainer. But after a really hard first episode I'm really glad the series hooked me and i can't wait for how things progress.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Blood Stark is fun as fuck. I'm hoping he's not going to be the guy that gets offed by the end of the first arc, even if he probably will.

Even if Banjou acted like an idiot, I feel like it fits with his character. He's desperate to get exonerated and thinks Sento is being selfish trying to investigate his past. It's all to pave the way to becoming a true hero of justice later on.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Another enjoyable episode. Blood Stark is awesome. The bad guys are doing such a better job at keeping the secret identity thing than Sento. Ryuuga is nuts. And I love Saya. Even more so now that I know she's the same actress from Ginga S. She's pretty useful with the info gathering. Sento is still a likable dude to me. And they found the base? Next ep looks good.

Also, Soichi is straight up not telling everything. He turned a tablet to a back scratcher. Certainly not sharing that.

A 4.

Oh, bread pillow?
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I'm late to this party... so basically we get a dark story... people used as guinea pigs, memories lost, a dead girlfriend and the nation divided in 3 parts plus the enemies as very similar to the riders from Ryuki (The bat and the Cobra).

I like it so far the only thing that is not right for me is how can Sento be a nerd genius and a badass at the same time but the guy looks like was some kind of bad boy before he lost his memory.

Bajou is going to be the support / jobber character of the entire series until they make the guy the second rider at the middle of the show. Just the opening itself give you the theme of Banjou as a side kick or support character for Sento.

I think that the bat is the leader from the laboratory... not sure yet...
Final Vent!
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Good episode and I think Blood Stark is the better of him and Night Rogue

And Master has more than meets the eye from the looks of things

Is Ryuga thinking straight with his plan?
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Our formula for this episode is Abel's Impossibility Theorem aka Abel-Ruffini Theorem. It says that there is no formula to solve for X in polynomials of X in degree 5 or more.

EDIT: I'm wrong. This is different result, shown in the last page here: http://sierra.nmsu.edu/morandi/oldwebpa ... Groups.pdf
Last edited by njb on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Another fun episode. Stark is still great.
Owner is THE astronaut, huh? Obviously not all there is to it, but interesting. Explains his shaping ability.
I really like the look of NinninComic. I'm going to enjoy the look of Ninja matched with anything, because of the scarf. Sword has a fun design as well.
Pirate? One can only wonder what it's inorganic match will be.
VerusMaya II wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:34 am New theory: Blood Stark is the supposedly dead Devil Scientist. Night Rogue's voice alteration still sounds more or less like Gentoku imo, but Blood Stark's alteration doesn't match anyone we know so far.
I like the theory. Stark's actor is akin to how White Wizard was voiced by someone else until the first onscreen transformation.
And honestly? I wouldn't mind taking ten more episodes to find out who he actually is; but we'll probably find out within two or three episodes.
Longer than Kuroto, for the audience at least.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Just a quick note, but Build 5 post is not up on front page yet.

Also, thanks sub team for sticking to the 'Stark' in Blood Stark.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah no stalk wasn't gonna happen lol
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So is it me, or is the audio "off" after the return from the commercial break at 20:27?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Doesn't seem off to me? Any particular point you notice something is broken?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

wait... we changed it to Vortec Finish? can I ask why?

because I kept suggesting we use Vortec Finish for the first two or three episodes' worth of QC, but I kept getting shot down. we could've avoided this whole issue.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

Scans from Details of Hero apparently say "Vortex" is the name of the final attack, but it's spelled borutekku not borutekkusu, so we went back to Vortec.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”