KR Build 05 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:00 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
27%
☆☆☆☆
65%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 26
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Build 05 released

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

VerusMaya II wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:31 am Scans from Details of Hero apparently say "Vortex" is the name of the final attack, but it's spelled borutekku not borutekkusu, so we went back to Vortec.
-_-;

yeah, considering most of the finishers involved a vortex shape, that's why I'd been suggesting that.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

I still don't really see a vortex shape in the finishers, which apparently Luna agrees to. This was the exchange in the episode 1 thread that led to the changes:
Lunagel wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:32 pm
stardrago wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:59 pm I still prefer Full Bottle and besides for other bottle drinks, even though there full they still have the top parts empty with air, also isn't part of Build's finishers suppose to be "Boltech" instead?
We went with "Vortec" because it's written ボルテック (borutekku) and it sounds more based on "vortex" (borutekkusu) than "bottle" (bottoru). I didn't see any official sources for that one so went with gut feeling. Although thinking about it I think I'm going to change it to Voltec since the finishers don't really look like vortexes.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

fair enough. I got the vortex impression from the drill spinning in the start of episode 1, the swirling cone of diamonds in 2, the spinning around for the finisher with hawk gatling, etc., but I can admit that's a tenuous connection without the official statement.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Not sure if this was mentioned in previous episodes but I feel that Mc is not that smart after a particular scene. Namely the best match scene. I didn't realize it previous episodes but on this one it was obvious that both Ninja and Comic bottles had NC initials on top of them and I checked to be sure it was there before they became a best match so easy way to best match bottles just find the same initials.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think Luna said that she didn't trust the official release because the romaji for vortex is different.

It's normally BORUTEKKUSU for Vortex.
But Build's finisher name is BORUTEKKU. It's missing the S at the end.

However, if you type BORUTEKKU into google translates, it does say Vortex. But you have to remember Google translate isn't a dictionary. So she's thinking that whoever made the ad, just did a lazy google translates on BORUTEKKU which is why they wrote down Vortex. If you actually look up BORUTEKKU on Google, you don't get any results that say Vortex.

But if you check an actual dictionary, it autocorrects it to BORUTEKKUSU with the s:
http://jisho.org/search/%20%E3%83%9C%E3 ... F%E3%82%B9
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This is why there is no real point arguing over what the English of a romanised word or phrase is. Everyone assumes the offical merchandise always lists it correctly despite the fact that English is going to be a second language to the people that come up with this stuff.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:26 pm This is why there is no real point arguing over what the English of a romanised word or phrase is. Everyone assumes the offical merchandise always lists it correctly despite the fact that English is going to be a second language to the people that come up with this stuff.
Can we just point to this quote every time there's an argument about translations?

Luna, knit it up into a wall cozy and we'll put it on our wall as our folksy saying.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I apologize if it seemed like I was trying to start an argument. I was just surprised to suddenly see it changed to Vortec the one time I DIDN'T ask about it during qc is all. it caught me off guard.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Nah, what you said was fine. I don't want people to stop questioning us or ask for a clarification for why we translate things the way we do.

It's the people who push their viewpoints and don't listen when we respond that are irritating.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

My personal gripe is that most of this discussion that is had around this in the forum usually centres around small shit, like the romanisation of Cronus, Blood Stark/Stalk and Vortex/Vortec. Like at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter because you can still understand the words that are being spoken. It's not like the bulk of the translation for the episode is incorrect.
takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:38 pm Can we just point to this quote every time there's an argument about translations?
My go to is the 'Gord Drive'/'Amazon Alfa' argument.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:03 am Doesn't seem off to me? Any particular point you notice something is broken?
After that break, all of the sound effects seem spatially out of place. It's especially noticeable on headphones.

The whole thing sounds like someone did a bad 5.1 -> 2 channel audio mixdown. Which is really confusing, because AFAIK, Toei doesn't do 5.1 audio mixes for their Tv shows. Which means that either that information is wrong, or someone at the broadcaster screwed up. (In the US at least, the major broadcasters always do 5.1. So a stereo source will be mapped to 5.1 for broadcast purposes).
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Greenstalker wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:15 pm Not sure if this was mentioned in previous episodes but I feel that Mc is not that smart after a particular scene. Namely the best match scene. I didn't realize it previous episodes but on this one it was obvious that both Ninja and Comic bottles had NC initials on top of them and I checked to be sure it was there before they became a best match so easy way to best match bottles just find the same initials.
I interpret it as, he's not so much trying to find which bottle forms a best match with which, but rather WHY do they form the best matches that they do. He's likely not paying attention to the initials and is instead working out the connections in his head.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
HenshinForPie
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Phillip (sigh)
Favorite Actor?: James MacEvoy
Favorite Band: Florence and the Mac
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Noragami
Quote: "Sometimes we all need to give in to the madness."
Nostalgia Critic-Kickassia
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by HenshinForPie »

Man, Ryuga. I knew you were kind of an idiot, but this is taking it to new levels!

Overall a good episode. I heartily agree that Isurugi is not telling the full story. However, I think he is telling the truth that he is not a member of Faust, at least not currently. If he turned out to be working for the enemy, Sento and Ryuga would have to leave the cafe, and then the nice underground base set they built would only show up in five episodes.

I am quite sure that the whole "Sato Tarou" bit is fake, either because Sato is a lookalike or because its a fakeout by Faust. Genius level intellect does not come from nowhere, and surely not from a poor guitar player who sounds like the opposite of Sento.

I am liking Blood Stark a lot, probably because I love villains who just dick with the good guys. If he's the first bad guy to die I will be sad.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

I dunno i enjoy the fact that Banjou is doing stuff against Sento. Can't realyy blame him, lost his fighting career, then his reputation and freedom, then his fiance, might also be the lack of conflict in recent kamen riders between good guys. I mean, conflict that doesn't get resolved with "I lied to you/i deus ex machina your problem". Probably is just me, but if i see character with enough reason to not act full logical, then i don't mind if his actions are detrimental to others.
As for Sento and his background, i dunno... I think everyone thought that afro guy was lying (btw must he been so awful to look at, geebus), but it seems to be legit. I'm worried it will turn out that Sento inteliggent is artificial and something he gained after he was experimented on. Which i hope won't happen.
I wish we could go without silly essences like vacuum cleaner and comic.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

Well overall I'm liking this series. I think it has an interesting premise and I like the suit designs. The episode didn't particularly impress me but it was reasonably entertaining. I haven't liked a show early on as much as this since Gaim.

Oh I do have a point to make about Master, he said that he triggered the Pandora box while under some kind of influence he got on Mars and wasn't sure what he was doing. Even if he thinks he's a good guy it's entirely possible that he's got an evil split personality.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”