KR Build 06 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:53 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
59%
☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 22
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Build 06 released

Post by VerusMaya II »

The relevant line in the captions for those who wanna know~
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Build_06_Transcript wrote:0:28:39.69 - 0:28:44.65 実は 兄貴が消えた9月5日新薬のバイトで→
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's definitely the 5th and not the 9th so someone made a mistake somewhere but hey it wasn't meeeeeeee
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I'm really enjoying the series, though I feel it's started to slip a tiny bit since the previous episode. Maybe some of it's the treatment of the biological semi-horror themes that feel like the writers are either restricted by their audience or just don't know how to write "creepy" as a genre. This isn't to say I'd want an Amazons-style approach to the experimentation themes (let alone on a Saturday morning kid's show), but the green liquid/claustrophobic imagery back in episode 1 feels like it's around for the sake of looking creepy rather than having importance, as the actual transformations are caused by something entirely different. With that said, I still think this is doing far better than the last two shows had been at this point; already we have an episode that doesn't introduce a new Best Match suit. I particularly like the elaboration on Sento's character in this episode. He's optimistic like the last two protagonists, but he has to actively try to maintain that optimism; he doesn't smile consistently because that's the kind of person he is, but because that's the kind of person he wants to be.
takenoko wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:43 pm It's stuff like that which seems like the roles for the characters were reversed in this episode, since the freak out stuff fits better with Ryuuga's character. And the one being the stable, rational one fits Sento.
It's possible they were trying to do that intentionally (like how Marvel's Civil War had a normally rebellious man in support of governmental control and a patriotic man opposing it); I think the conversation between Master and Ryuuga was supposed to lead up to the scene, saying that Sento's joy, altruism and perhaps calmness don't come to him naturally.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”