KR Build 07 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:25 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆☆
48%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
No votes
4%

Total votes: 23
HenshinForPie
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Phillip (sigh)
Favorite Actor?: James MacEvoy
Favorite Band: Florence and the Mac
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Noragami
Quote: "Sometimes we all need to give in to the madness."
Nostalgia Critic-Kickassia
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: KR Build 07 released

Post by HenshinForPie »

Easily a 5 for me, everything about this episode was great! I was afraid going in that Sento and Ryuga would find out Night Rogue's identity, but thankfully, only we got to find out (even though it was clear form the start.) I'm excited to see how Gentoku will continue to manipulate our heroes, and his father, who I suspect doesn't know either.

I also appreciate that Blood Stark has no qualms about getting what he wants. It ups the stakes and makes him more of a threat. I'm not too shocked that Katsuragi supposedly founded Faust, but Blood Stark could just be misleading Sento again. As for who he is, my current guess is 40% Soichi, 60% Katsuragi. Though if it is Soichi, does Misora know? I hope the show doesn't reveal his identity too soon.

One minor quibble: How can Sento turn the crank on the Driver in Rocket Panda form? It doesn't have fingers!
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

HenshinForPie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 pm One minor quibble: How can Sento turn the crank on the Driver in Rocket Panda form? It doesn't have fingers!
The rocket arm doesn't completely cover his hand. The nosecone only covers his knuckles for punching. The palm and fingers are exposed.

I'm disappointed that the panda arm only has 5 digits. Pandas are unique because they have 6 digits on their front paws. One is an opposable thumb pad that lacks a claw.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I like the bit of grit this episode has; its themes of illegal refugees and children unable to be formally educated contrast really well with Sento's optimism rather than clashing with it, and better yet, the themes didn't feel forced for me at all. It's very easy to push the issue in such a show so a child audience would more easily pick up the undertones, but this does a good job keeping the audience aware of Touto's problems while not straying so far that it states the obvious. My only problem with the episode is how the writers treat Ryuuga: for someone who had his girlfriend fridged early on (not to defend fridging in the first place), he seems more like a caricature of his former self in this episode, turning desperate to blame his only ally at every opportunity. Early on I liked it that he seemed to want to be "the tough guy" but wasn't that kind of person, but here it's played off rather awkwardly. With that said, I still think this is probably the strongest first arc so far I've seen in years (to be honest, by this episode in Gaim our orange-arm protagonist was rolling around in a giant watermelon). I feel Ryuuga's character has a definitive arc, but it still has yet to come around and the writers are adding more padding while waiting to improve him; perhaps if the characters were a bit more well-defined in their own right (beyond circumstance and basic motivations), I think they wouldn't have that problem.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think part of the problem is that all the characters just get funneled from one situation to the next one. The moments when they just hang out and act like normal people are pretty rare.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Maybe because they are irrelevant to the plot?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'd say good characterization is vital to the plot. Think of all your favorite past Rider series. They all took at least some time to have story elements that humanized their protagonists (and maybe even antagonists?).
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

rewatching OOO(thank you for recommending krdl), on the episode with the ShachiPanda yummy, and I noticed something. the design of RocketPanda is similar to the ShachiPanda Yummy
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”