KR Build 08 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:07 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 24
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Build 08 released

Post by Catastrophe »

She does have some vocal tic though, right? I swear she ends most of her sentences with 'shi'.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:58 pm She does have some vocal tic though, right? I swear she ends most of her sentences with 'shi'.
When she's irritated she tends to use short curt sentences with the particle "shi" which is just basically "and" (but can only be used for linking related verbs or adjectives, not nouns). I've been translating it a bit loosely as:

"Tired. Sleepy. Going to bed."

But you could also do:

"I'm tired and sleepy and I'm going to bed."

I think the full stops fit the tone and speaking pattern better so the "shi"s may come off as a vocal tic.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's not an accent so much as she has a very pronounced vocal tic.

Put simply, ending a sentence is shi is usually done to show that these group of sentences are in a list.
http://yesjapan.com/YJ6/question/3665/w ... ences-mean

Also, if you look at meaning 4 in this link, shi is also used to really emphasize the point of a sentence.
http://maggiesensei.com/2014/07/10/how- ... 81%97-shi/
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well I'll give the writers credit: I have no idea where this story is leading. The flip side to that however is that it's hard to stay engaged without some idea on the direction it will be taking.
takenoko wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:16 pm Mistakes are fine if you learn from them. But this is what? The third or fourth person that they had kidnapped under their noses? It's not fun to see the heroes luck into a victory, just because the bad guy feels sorry for them.
I'm growing a bit annoyed with that as well. This is the second episode in a row where Blood Stark has walked away from a fight and given them something of value to move the plot forward. I do like well thought out evil plans, but unless they show the audience what the bad guys are up to, from our perspective it just looks like lazy writing. :(
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Well, here goes the first instance of a repeat Smash. Alternate colored, but no chatter of it necessarily being stronger.
Rescue Kenzan, FireHedgehog! Heh, water inflated and then popped, good one.

"Banjou! You forgot your cosplay!" Good thing he had the hard hat, or that pole hit would have gone worse.
Project Build, wonder how that'll go. Reality or Trap? Hmm.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

say, you think you could make a v2 of this episode, like perhaps starting with the official lyrics that are in the wiki page, as well as fixing some sentences, like the part with Gentoku talking with Blood Stalk; "Why did Hokuto cause such a fuss?" shouldn't it be "Why did you cause that mess at Hokuto?"
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

I like this show, i hope they don't give up on the bike, because the machine builder it is really badass, i dare to say even more than the original Honda XR 230.

Anyway, i really like Ryuga, he is in a way realistic, the way he fucks up a lot being driven by his emotions make him somewhat real.

And i suppose what Stark saw in him was not his slapping around, but his rapid increase in power.

And i have hopes that Rogue is going to be an antivillain. hopefully it will be like Gaim's Kaito.
Smart Jason
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Ian Yorkland
Favorite Actor?: Konno Ayuri
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Revenge is sweet
Type: ESTJ Supervisor

Post by Smart Jason »

whats wrong with translation on v2? what changes? specifically plz