KR Build 10 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:45 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
74%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
No votes
4%

Total votes: 27
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Build 10 released

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:28 am Hahahaha. So every episode thread is going to have someone complaining about it being Closer rather than Crosser as well as the Stark thing as well.
If no one else does it, I can be in charge of that.

Never forget: Closer

After all, what would a Crosser have to do with a Rider named Cross-Z. It blows the mind man.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Don't be silly Take. It's clearly supposed to be Kamen Rider Closs-Z. The katakana for the weapon and the rider are similar and if the package says Closer, then that's the logical conclusion.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

stardrago wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:41 am
Catastrophe wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:20 am But Luna, John Toei Bandai who is completely fluent in English meant for it to be Closer I don't why everyone keeps denying it!
I agreee, since for those who saw the raw had heard the weapon announcement had it more with "L" part saying as well as the profile for Blood Stalk in the first part of the episode in English.
Say it with me now:

L and R do not exist in Japaneseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

All you are hearing is your own confirmation biassssssssssss
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Shush Luna. What do you know? It's not like you speak Japanese and live and work in Japan.

Totally being sarcastic by the way, just incase anybody else can't pick up on it.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Closer sounds like the people were high when they named this rider lol!, i remember when they initially spelled Crossbone Gundam, it was Clossbone (saw that in the SD Gundam G Generation game) yet we see the image of a freaking crossbone in the chest of the suit, this r/l thing sucks lol!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:45 am Fuck it, we're using Crosser.
:D
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

why does the name of the weapons need to resemble the name of the rider that uses it in the first place though? Also, is all of these discussions causing the delay of the next episode so there won't be a reason to release a version 2 later for ep 11?
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Cross-Z sounds cool since that what this show always go for, "cool Engrish names", even if doesn't make sense and even if the katakana is a mist-match lol!

Crosser, translation-wise seems the best choice, the katakana fits and i guess it sounds cool enough, cause what in donkey balls is a Closer/Closser :P
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

stardrago wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:23 pm why does the name of the weapons need to resemble the name of the rider that uses it in the first place though? Also, is all of these discussions causing the delay of the next episode so there won't be a reason to release a version 2 later for ep 11?
Get a load of this guy. Flogging the dead horse.

Please look forward to the coming Build Episodes where
Spoiler
Cross-Z uses the Beat Crosser to fight Blood Stark.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

With the whole names of characters for this series thinking the writers did this on purpose, like of how the translation for Cross, they had it as Cross-Z which means they did the same thing before with how the translation for Stark but had it as Stalk for the official name for that character in the series. Also, for those who had seen the rider page over at the tv asahi site you see that they had the English names of equipment like Cross-Z Dragon and Beat Closer, which with had it based on music like with the noises the dragon makes perhaps they had the Closer name based on one of those music name Title since the full translated name for Cross-Z's weapon is "Pulling Instrumental Sword". Speaking of swords that site had the sword primary used by NinninComic as 4Koma Ninpoutou so why translate it as "Four Panel Ninpou Sword"?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Man you're something else stardrago.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

You're that dude on rangerwiki who insisted there was a reference for every one of Build's forms, aren't you?
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

what do you mean, I don't have a account over at wikia.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”