KR Build 14 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:31 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
74%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
No votes

Total votes: 27
Primus_fansub
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Dekayellow
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Sato
Favorite Band: Riverside
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Build
Quote: Geronimo!

Re: KR Build 14 released

Post by Primus_fansub »

I agree when you say that Heisei Phase 2 has relied so much in sometimes ridiculous gimmicks, but I think disregarding those series just because of that it's not the best choice.

Storywise, Gaim was interesting and really dark and mature at times, and I'm seeing the same with build, with its story full of plot twists and treasons. He uses a soda can to power up? If the story is good, I don't mind.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

resop2 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:23 pm I will give Gaim one thing: I lasted 12 more episodes with it than I did with Drive. Your magical guardians/guides are TONKA TOYS???
I liked Drive. It was the perfect average show. It never excelled at anything, but the characters were likable enough and the plot was interesting enough to keep me tuning in each week.

I wonder if the drop in quality is just a sign that Toei is out of money. People are saying there's no Kyuu VS Jyuohger movie like usual, plus it seems like there's been some restructuring so that their toku as a commodity has a mass produced feel. It's good enough to be there, but time and money constraints introduce "necessary flaws" that you might not have seen in shows from previous years.

Have toy sales been that bad the last few years?
Primus_fansub
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Dekayellow
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Sato
Favorite Band: Riverside
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Build
Quote: Geronimo!

Post by Primus_fansub »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:23 pm
resop2 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:23 pm I will give Gaim one thing: I lasted 12 more episodes with it than I did with Drive. Your magical guardians/guides are TONKA TOYS???
I wonder if the drop in quality is just a sign that Toei is out of money. People are saying there's no Kyuu VS Jyuohger movie like usual, plus it seems like there's been some restructuring so that their toku as a commodity has a mass produced feel. It's good enough to be there, but time and money constraints introduce "necessary flaws" that you might not have seen in shows from previous years.

Have toy sales been that bad the last few years?
Well, if tly sales are determinant, and they are, we have to realize how hard they are trying with Build. For having 2 main Riders and 2 villains, we have seen more toys than recent series, and we are just in episode 14...

The Build Driver
Aaaaaall the bottles
Drill Crusher
The Ninja Sword
The HawkGattlinger
The Kaizoku Hassha
The soda can
The Cross-Z dragon
Cross-z's sword
The transteam gun and the blade
DX Bike
The Pandora Panel
The figures
And we know we're getting more stuff

Ex-Aid tried to overwhelm us with toys, but I think they have gone too far with Build even when we are so early in the episode count.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Concerning time and money constraints, the next Sentai is 2 separate groups right?, i imagine the budget and production in this one is going to be real low lol!
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

ryujin wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:11 am ^ I actually finished it, it gradually got better when all the dancing shenanigans was toned way down (thank goodness) and as you said, things got dark, it became watchable for me.
Gaim was actually hella dark from ep 1, the dancing shenanigans just hid it. Ep 1,
Spoiler
the first monster he fights and kills is his own mutated best friend.
It was quite clear just watching it (other than not confirming the mutation by showing it on screen but really 2+2=4). But, I think a lot of us went, "nawww we couldn't possibly have seen what we think we did there must be a twist later about this." But the twist was... there was no twist.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

^ Well it's just me, but Gaim would have been bad-ass (fruity forms aside lol!) from the get go if not for it's "Step It Up" theme lol!, dancing then death?, what a weird combination imo, but it is a kids show so there has to be something in there for them like the fruity weapon toys/stuff and dancing, Faiz is always my fave dark rider series (haven't seen Blade yet), also, the Faiz belt and weapon designs are simple, sleek, stylish and very cool, unlike *cough* Ex-Aid *cough*

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”