KR Build 15 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:36 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
14%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 15 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - You Sclash my back, I'll Sclash yours

Last week's results: 4.64 / 5 (20 votes)

Think that's the first Build in which I'd give it a 5. It's not flawless, but it does most things pretty well. Good drama with Misora finally confronting her dad. And the action was really good too, despite the monster designs looking like black piles of poop.

Misora looks cute with that hair style.

Souichi really is the master manipulator, but to be fair, Gentoku is an idiot for falling for his tricks time and again.

I really hate the nonsense explanations between the Rider/steam systems though. Night Rogue, despite not being able to grow more powerful like Riders, sure seems to have gotten a power up. I guess we're supposed to just believe he had that ability the whole time. Not satisfying. Also, since Banjou transforms with one bottle, isn't he just as strong as Night Stark and Blood Rogue. I mean, it's a show. You're the ones making up the rules, so don't go breaking them with your contradictory world building.

I like Banjou's new coat. So blue. Also, it's sorta dumb the way Sento just stands to the side while Night Rogue beats up Cross-Z. Poor Banjou, he really got depowered pretty quickly after his introductory episode...

Was anyone surprised to find out Sento is Takumi? Obvious revelations aside, the episode hit all the marks in everything else for me.

WTF is Sclash supposed to be?
Primus_fansub
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Dekayellow
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Sato
Favorite Band: Riverside
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Build
Quote: Geronimo!

Re: KR Build 15 released

Post by Primus_fansub »

Well, this has been a satisfying season to me, though it's true that fan theories have sopiled it a little, making it really predictable. I'm surprised most theories have proven to be right by now. Anyway, I'm loving the show.

Sclash seems to be the child of scratch, squash and clash, lol... You gotta love engrish
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I thought the hospital plot was dumb. Sento usually is smarter than that, and I can't believe that he left the Sclash data on the computer to be stolen.

So while the Sento being Takumi isn't surprising based on the foreshadowing with the mother, I'm still a little in doubt. First, it wouldn't surprise me if Souichi was lying to Gentoku again. Secondly, Sento completes the Sclash system in the same day by the looks of it, so surely Takumi would've been able to as well. I just think they might be setting up for the double fake out, which would be nice.

Also, you'd think Banjo would ask for a pardon from the primer minister for retrieving the box from Faust.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The hospital used was the exact same one for Ex-Aid, did they have extra filming time left there or something?

Kinda obvious reveal with Sento/Katsuragi at the end there but I have to wonder if Misora knows about her dad? They haven't told her about him in-show but her reaction felt like she knew.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I kind of got the feeling she is aware from the whole 'Welcome home' thing from a few weeks ago and the conversation between Sento and Misora that same episode.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Sclash?, Super Clash?, well it's their show so they can make up shit whatever they want lol!

Sento/Takumi being a very smart dude and all didn't even thunk about putting a password or some encryption on the Sclash Project and left it open for anyone to see after taking that damn phone call, a few key strokes here and there wouldn't take him a minute, also, he knows Souichi has access to the underground base right?, what a weak plot device to get the enemies a militarized Rider System
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

The cobraman knows how to manipulate everyone and I love it.

The drama with Misora and Soich is great as one plays a lie while another acts on the lie with a lie herself

So am I to believe Night Rogue has CG wings from the getgo? I get that the Transsteam gun users don't increase their hazard levels compared to those with a Build driver, screw it I'm calling it the bottle driver from now on but I digress, but are we suppose to believe that's not an upgrade build into the Night Rogue suit? Damn you Build.

Though was anyone surprised by how Sento is really Katsuragi? Though in hindsight I didn't believe how Sento's past life would involve him going from rockband member to a physicist in a quick glance, nonetheless the rabbit hole, pun intended, gets deeper. And Sento, can you do me the favor of shutting up whenever you say you're a genius, you're pretty much becoming Lucky with that damn antic you have. guess that's what's keeping me from liking this guy
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Boring, predictable, I was underwhelmed.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I'd like to know how this show will handle the Tomato in the Mirror unveiling should it happen.

Still not dad of the year, Soichi.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:05 pm I'd like to know how this show will handle the Tomato in the Mirror unveiling should it happen.
What?
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

I've been giving 4's and 5's like candies with this series, but this has got to be the weakest showing for me.

Predictable plot twist aside, (if one could call it that) this episode has too many meh moments. The whole hospital segment seems pointless, the whole Sento learning/making gel bottle from Sclash in a day seems weak, and as pointed, he left it available for anyone to take it. No password, no nothing. Assuming Master didn't hack through it of course. Regardless, the big reveal at the end didn't help. Good twist, but who didn't see that coming?

Sure, the Misora with her dad moment was nice, but I felt the rest could have been executed better. Hopefully, next episode will be better, what with the holidays coming up. End the year strong Build!

I'm giving this one a 3.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I took a break from this show and now that I'm back... Takumi is Sento and the boss is Stark? ok this show is good and I never though about that.

This may not be the best episode compared to the previous ones that were so good but it was a solid episode.

Also I'm soooo happy to see that Final Heisei movie... they brought Gentarou back! oh! and Ank too! I really need to see that movie! :D
Final Vent!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

TokuCasual wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 amThe whole hospital segment seems pointless, the whole Sento learning/making gel bottle from Sclash in a day seems weak, and as pointed, he left it available for anyone to take it. No password, no nothing.
That really bugged me as well. It was a solid episode all things considered, but too much of the plot hinged on the heroes carrying around the idiot ball: completing the MacGuffin for Faust, leaving it unguarded back at their base, and then taking the other MacGuffin (the box) into a trap. Which might work in other series, but Sento is supposed to be a genius. Between him and his scrappy sidekick, one of them should have realized the obvious problems with this plan. So it strains the suspension of disbelief.

And while I'm at it, the bit at the end with the Prime Minister just came off as odd. Was Gentoku so stupid as to think he could use his father in his scheming and said father wouldn't notice it? Or is this yet another face swap trick from Stark? The former would be disappointing because it's more idiot ball, and the latter is reaching the point where Stark's face swapping ability is getting to be overpowered and you never know who someone really is.
takenoko wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:36 pmMisora looks cute with that hair style.
It really is such an improvement. Her original style just sort of looked ridiculous.
WTF is Sclash supposed to be?
Presumably the MacGuffin that powers up Faust so that they can keep up with Build?
Lunagel wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:53 pmbut I have to wonder if Misora knows about her dad? They haven't told her about him in-show but her reaction felt like she knew.
I read her reaction as being suspicious, but not knowing. She seems aware that something is off, which is why she confronts him. But if she knew that her father was Faust, I have to imagine she would have gone a more extreme route at opposite ends: either staying away since she knows how awful being in Faust's custody can be, or stopping her father from making off with the USB drive, the pocketing of which was incredibly obvious.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

takenoko wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:36 pm
I really hate the nonsense explanations between the Rider/steam systems though. Night Rogue, despite not being able to grow more powerful like Riders, sure seems to have gotten a power up. I guess we're supposed to just believe he had that ability the whole time. Not satisfying. Also, since Banjou transforms with one bottle, isn't he just as strong as Night Stark and Blood Rogue. I mean, it's a show. You're the ones making up the rules, so don't go breaking them with your contradictory world building.
The way I understood this episode is that Night Rogue from episode one has known who Sento is and has been kept on a leash by Stark. They don't want to kill the person who will give them unlimited power. Now that all 20 bottles have been purified it's time to clean up some loose ends. You can see how excited he is during the major fight. I finally get to kill this wannabe hero after fourteen episodes of being held back. He even said that now that Sclash is done no one needs sento anymore.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”