KR Build 16 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:43 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
69%
☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
No votes

Total votes: 26
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 16 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - No Christmas miracle?

Last week's results: 4.47 / 5 (19 votes)

Dang it, lost my post.

I liked the episode. I thought Sento, Misora, and Banjou's reactions were all appropriate, and it was nice to have a quieter episode to deal with the aftermath of everything that's happened up till now.

That flashback of Sento being a hero is sure representative of Toei's lack of budget for guests and semi-regulars lately. There's barely anyone in it!

Way to go lady prime minister. We get a teaser of things to come, just hope those new characters and their technology are additive to the story.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 16 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Soichi should go for the wildcard route and become the true villain rather than Namba or even all of Faust.

There better be a Rider representing Seito. There's a war happening and they're not even panicking.

Good episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

THERE IS A SECOND VERSE FOR THE SONG!!!!!!

(sorry, I just find it catchy. >.>)

seriously... enjoying this. yeah... Rider Wars, indeed. this should be good.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

you know, when you released this I thought you would of also included the trailer for the upcoming Hyper Battle dvd special featuring Build's KumaTelevi form which was released already, as well as a new batch for Ex-Aid's Another Ending featuring a new trailer for "Genm Vs Laser"
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's almost like they forgot Gentoku was being arrested at the start of the episode. The fact he is just casually clearing out his office makes it funnier.

Looks like we'll have some serious rider on rider action with this new guy at the end and his quirky miniboss squad of delinquent smash.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

stardrago wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:17 am you know, when you released this I thought you would of also included the trailer for the upcoming Hyper Battle dvd special featuring Build's KumaTelevi form which was released already, as well as a new batch for Ex-Aid's Another Ending featuring a new trailer for "Genm Vs Laser"
HBVs are max 15 minutes, it's pointless to sub the trailer.

Wouldn't release any Ex-Aid trailer with Build because the tracker can't handle multiple categories.

And y'know maybe some of us want to enjoy the holidays with family and friends instead of piddly unnecessary trailers
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Last week I said I hope Build would end the year strong. And it sure did. I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. All the reactions of the main were done nicely and fitting. The flashback was done well, with the first being about Sento questioning heroism, the second highlighting his pure acts of heroism. And to top it off, the complete version of the theme song itself played, that was a blast. Too bad it was too quiet compared to all the noise.

Interestingly enough, I've brought this up before, but I wonder how far they planned ahead? Regarding Hokuto's robot soldiers. They were in the background on Build promotion poster released way before the show even aired.

Anyhow, awesome closing to the episodes. So is Gentoku father dead this time? Like for real. So here we are, three territories, breaking down the wall and go to war. Each should have Smashes and Riders alike. Should be fun.

This is what the premise seemed to promise, I'm happy we're getting that deliver this early. Same with Sento identity. I wonder if Sento should tell his mom? So Hokuto's Smash can change back and forth, and can think? Gentoku has got his work cut out for him there.

And with that, here's another 5 from me to Build.

Happy New Year everyone!! Thank you for the subs, thank you for 2017, here's to 2018, I wish you all the best!
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Compared to the last "idiot" filled episode, this one is really solid

Well one of my guesses were right that Takumi wanted out thus getting himself killed, but Souichi having the power to erase memories is a new one, i'm betting his confidence guarantees he has other skills in there

Touto trying to militarize the Rider System makes sense now, it's basically an anti Hokuto/Seito invasion protocol or something since the other "districts" (as i call it lol!) seems to have progressed more like that guy that can control his Smash form and they already have their own Rider as well, and Gentoku having possession of the Pandora Box makes his part of Japan a big target for the other 2 because of it's supposed energy source

I really liked the part when Sento-kumi said to Ryuuga, "What do you want me to do now?", it says it all, it's not like Sento-kumi can just push an undo button and make everything all right again

That silly conference room still makes me laugh though, i'm not expecting anything fancy like the conference room in the Triskelion in the Captain America The Winter Soldier movie, but the super low budget 3 chairs in an open room is pure donkey balls lol!

Want i really want to see in the next few episodes is Sento-kumi meeting with his mom again and letting her know he's alright, she is kinda suffering emotionally last time i saw her, imo, before anything too battle-centric moves forward, this part of Takumi's life needs to be taken care of early in the series, like putting her mom's mind at ease and letting her know he's alive and well and partially amnesiac lol!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Is it me, or does it feel like they've intentionally retooled Misora's character in the background? For the first quarter of the series she was this aloof & childish individual. Now in the last few episodes they've eliminated the silly hair and her more extreme personality quirks. She's suddenly gone from comic relief to a confidant. This is a distinct improvement for the character, but the trade-off for that is that she was disturbingly calm about finding out her father was a member of Faust. After the last episode, I was prepared for that revelation to be a much bigger deal.
Catastrophe wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:44 am It's almost like they forgot Gentoku was being arrested at the start of the episode. The fact he is just casually clearing out his office makes it funnier.
Right. That's the one thing that genuinely bugged me in an otherwise good episode. We end the previous episode with Daddy PM busting his son for being a founding member of a terrorist organization. Then by the start of this episode he just casually walks away, and not 5 minutes later he's the acting PM again. This despite the fact that everyone who was with Daddy PM knows the truth. It's such a plot contrivance that it's infuriating to a degree; they just undid the ending to the last episode!
Lunagel wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:57 pm And y'know maybe some of us want to enjoy the holidays with family and friends instead of piddly unnecessary trailers
Feliz navidad! :D
Last edited by ViRGE on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Wow, Build is getting better and better.

I haven't been able to comment here lately, so I don't know if someone else has pointed this, but Build seems to be more continuous in it's episodes compared to the 1 or 2 episodes mini-arcs from past KR series.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Hey is no one going to talk about how they freaking set Eitoku on fire!? (Or whoever is in the Cross-Z suit). Seriously, if that huge fireball was CG then Toei's animators need a pay rise, holy hell! :shock:
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

HarryFA1 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:13 am Hey is no one going to talk about how they freaking set Eitoku on fire!? (Or whoever is in the Cross-Z suit). Seriously, if that huge fireball was CG then Toei's animators need a pay rise, holy hell! :shock:
That wasn't CGI. They didn't quite set Cross-Z on fire, but they sent a very big fireball his direction.:o
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

If it was Sakamoto directing, it wouldn't surprise me given his love of explosions.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:28 pm If it was Sakamoto directing, it wouldn't surprise me given his love of explosions.
That's what I suspected as well. But according to the wiki it was Miyazaki Takeshi.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

It's already afternoon Friday and still no update for both Build and Kyuuranger. It's been two weeks in a row that it had been like this. Before, Thursday was already the latest for an Update for a current installment.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”