KR Build 17 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:21 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
85%
☆☆☆☆
12%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
4%
No votes

Total votes: 26
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 17 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title -

Last week's results: 4.58 / 5 (26 votes)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Build 17 released

Post by Lunagel »

Props to the director for showing a war zone that looks like a war zone. Can't get away with too much, but there are clearly lots of refugees and people searching for friends/family.

The Three Crows are kinda irritating but I'll live with them because OTOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Please do a silly dance again~
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Have they not learnt anything from previous series? Why did Cross-Z get the Zangetsu treatment? Other than the belt being voiced by Wakamoto, the design of the suit has nothing going for it that makes it superior to the base form.

Kouhei being back is great. Must have been real young in Kiva because he doesn't appear aged at all. I get the feeling he's going to be some Chuuni character, which is great because he plays that deluded character type so well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

He's 31 now actually. Over the hill in terms of Japanese actors!
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

dammit, I hate being out of the loop. which actor is from a previous series?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Sinkuu wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:56 am dammit, I hate being out of the loop. which actor is from a previous series?
New guy in middle/end fighting in the brown jacket also played Kurenai Otoya in Kamen Rider Kiva.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

ok, "Grease" is the returning actor.

I know when I started understanding all the in jokes about the one guy in Go-Busters being MahouYellow (half that shit was funny as hell, and then reprising characters for Ninninger and Jyuohger as well, I give him credit for taking that and running with it.)

I'm still trying to get around to watching the older KR's I haven't seen yet. I'm looking forward to Kiva jokes now.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

A really great episode. It's great that they showed how terrible war can be (or as much as they're able to. Still effective though).

Seems like we got a terrible trio in the Crows. I think they're fun, but I hope they won't turn up annoying later.

I was surprised that Kurenai Otoya is here as another evil Rider (the actor did play as an alternative evil version of Otoya in Decade), but I'm glad at the same time.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sinkuu wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:40 am I know when I started understanding all the in jokes about the one guy in Go-Busters being MahouYellow (half that shit was funny as hell, and then reprising characters for Ninninger and Jyuohger as well, I give him credit for taking that and running with it.)
Matsumoto Hiroya's awesome. He's fun and charismatic and it seems like he's friends with a bunch of toku actors in real life. He's also returning in KyuuRanger, and he sounds bored as shit in the current episode.
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Matsumoto_Hiroya
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

That was a strong comeback. And what a way to kick off the year. War has started and it was done right. The new trio hard smash are straight up anime characters, in their wackiness. Hopefully they tone things down a bit.

Also, that was an awesome way to introduce our new rider. It's like they introduce him without doing so. As cross-z upgrade was the focus here. Thought that was unique. On top of all the war drama and results of it, there was some good characters moment here too. With Sento, Misora and Banjou.

When Misora hit her hands to the ground, she was bleeding the next scene. That attention to detail gives this a 5 from me. Build continues to surprise.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

I had to pause the episode because I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but nope! The Violin Playboy is back! Lol
takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:41 am He's 31 now actually. Over the hill in terms of Japanese actors!
Christ man. Beige really doesn't age. He looks practically the same

Props to the director as well. While we've had 'Rider Wars' as a reoccurring theme, they never really take the time to show how bad war can get. To quote MASH* "War is war and hell is hell. And of the two, war is a lot worse."
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Very good episode, nice debut for Cross-Z's upgrade.
Spoiler
And welcome back to the game, Otoya. Amusing that your new Rider name reminded me of John Travolta's past life as the Greased Lightning. (Yeah, someone from the KR reddit made the joke)
Last edited by TypicalStandUser on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Otoya was in every FF XII Zodiac Age promotion conferences Square Enix held before the game came out last year. He must have nothing to do now and I'm glad to see him back as I loved him in Kiva. This was a nice debut for him and I will definitely stay tuned to see how long he lasts in this show. The Three Crows was interesting although I do wonder if they will become jokes or just annoying. Lastly, nice new Cross-Z upgrade form.
Last edited by chronoxiong on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YuushaGamer
Quote: I play to win
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by YuushaGamer »

dear god it just keeps getting worse, what is with that sclash driver, why do they have to say something at the end of it YEAHHHHH? BRAHHHH? this is how your ending heisei toei shame on you, shame on you. but who is that new rider eye spy 10 years down the line from kiva? FIST ON!!!
twitter: @YuushaGamer
youtube: YuushaGamer
twitch: twitch/YuushaGamer
MaskedRiderChris
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Favorite Band: Motorhead
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Is that gasoline I smell, Mr. Gideon?"
"The secret weapon is the courage in your heart."

Post by MaskedRiderChris »

I'm seriously enjoying where this series is going, and how it's not near as silly as many of the Heisei Rider series can be (such as "Fourze"--I just didn't care for that one since I hate John Hughes movies, and that's pretty much what it was). It's serious and almost grim at times, and the humor, when it comes, breaks it up just right. Banjou is still an aggressive young punk, but he's slowly growing as the series goes on, and the bomb they dropped regarding Kiryu a couple episodes back really did take me by surprise. So far, I'm thrilled to get the Showa feels from this one that I am. I'm keen to follow this one through to the end, for sure!

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”