KR Build 18 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:58 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
76%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
5%

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 18 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Our lord and savior Otoya has come to save us all

Last week's results: 4.87 / 5 (15 votes)

That was... a really good episode. Between Otoya's natural charisma and Ryuuga getting to step into the limelight, it just all felt really good.

Even Sento got to have some funny bits with him and Ryuuga back at base (Ryuuga literally does a few push ups after Sento tells him to go back to his exercises).

And the girls help out too! Before, I complained that it was kind of dumb when Ryuuga and Sento get defeated, because it was always Katsuragi who'd help them out at the end. Now we know he's a double agent/free agent, but still, it seemed really contrived to have your enemy help you like that. But when it's the girls who pitch in and save them, it's awesome!!

And how cute is it that we spend the episode thinking Otoya has this deep, secret past with Misora, only for it to be revealed that he's just a Miitan fan?

How amazing would this show be if sourpuss Sento were replaced with a lady?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 18 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

There he is, Greased Lightning!! And he ran awesomely with two Rider Kicks!! Don't get distracted by Sandy/Misora now.

So the Sclash Driver is capable of turning the user into a Blood Knight, no, amplifying the capabilities shown from Gentoku and the other PMs... Hmm...
Spoiler
A nice excuse for Toei to give Eiji Akaso the time he may need to film his scenes for the Amazons movie is Ryuuga going through a temporary coma after hitting the Driver's breaking point. Build's production crew can just film Akaso as Ryuuga in bed.
Great episode. While admirable on Sento's part to stop Ryuuga from using the Sclash Driver too much, he'll have to research a means to counteract his new Driver's flaws.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I gotta admit, they really got me there with the Misora ruse. Here I'm thinking long-lost sister/girlfriend lol nope he's just a fanboy. I like that they subvert the trope there and it was honestly really well done.

This was probably one of the better episodes we've had so far. Everyone's playing their part and we see Master living it up as a true Chaotic Evil.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Grease is great. The fact he has a crazy Wakamoto driver seals the deal for me.

The plot point with Misora is great as well. With his memory loss, you get the feeling they are setting up something cliched, but him being a fan of her idol persona was great and funny to boot.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Another great episode.

I feel every character got their moment. Sento, Banjou, Misora, Sawa, Grease and his trio buddies, heck even glasses man who fell off the bridge got his quick moment.

The icing on top, our new enemy is a fanboy. lol
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

So Grease is a fan of Misora, I don't know why but I'm mixed on the whole thing. On the one hand it's funny to see him not attack the riders because of Misora, but on the other hand, because he's a fan of Misora just makes it hard for me to take him seriously during the moments he's probably going to be serious.

So the reason for Sento not letting Ryuga use the Sclash driver is because he doesn't want him to die that's fine but before the real reason I just want to punch him in the face. The facade of I don't want you stealing my spotlight is stupid since if that was the case, why even bother making Ryuga Cross-Z then? Just a personal nitpick on my end.

Now for Utsumi being back, I wonder where did the river take him when he was shot in the shoulder.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
DidiZorba
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DidiZorba »

The twist with Grease fanboy was the best :lol:

By the way, the form with Smartphone and Wolf isn't called "SmaphoWolf"? I found this at the wiki:
Spoiler
Guess it's the same thing that happens with "Lock" and "KeyDragon"...
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Kurokage X wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:46 am So the reason for Sento not letting Ryuga use the Sclash driver is because he doesn't want him to die that's fine but before the real reason I just want to punch him in the face. The facade of I don't want you stealing my spotlight is stupid since if that was the case, why even bother making Ryuga Cross-Z then? Just a personal nitpick on my end.
Sento says that the Sclash Driver has an effect on its users similar to Pandora's Box in that when they use it, they're overcome with battlelust to the point of craving nothing else. You can already see the effects with Grease. Cross-Z isn't the problem, the driver is

Sento claiming he wants the spotlight is just him being noble and sacrificing himself for Banjou.
YuushaGamer
Quote: I play to win
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by YuushaGamer »

oh dear someone really screwed up in this one after grease transformed it starts playing kuyranger music uh-oh someone got fired
twitter: @YuushaGamer
youtube: YuushaGamer
twitch: twitch/YuushaGamer
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Everytime I heard someone say "Grease", it made me want to watch that movie again. I thought Otoya was Misora's brother...BOY WAS I EVER WRONG xD.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

What's a sclash????
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

One of John Toeis really cool made up words.

I wonder if the DX Sclashjellies have a warning on them reminding children not to try drinking them?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I was expecting Grease to explain his recognizing Misora by starting in with "it was twenty years ago" to reference the the duel time line in Kiva.

I did laugh out loud when the reveal was that he was a Miitan wota.

So, is Misora now going to be Build's Ankh? She did know to throw him a useful combination. It would be great to see Misora get pissed off and go "tch".

Count the bottles 1 2 and 3!!
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

Already this episode basically dumps Grease's catchphrases and finisher dialogue written for a future Kamen Rider fighting game all at once.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Catastrophe wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:46 pm Grease is great. The fact he has a crazy Wakamoto driver seals the deal for me.

The plot point with Misora is great as well. With his memory loss, you get the feeling they are setting up something cliched, but him being a fan of her idol persona was great and funny to boot.
Agreed, honestly the whole Idol thing felt so under the Table by now, that it's actually refreshing that they fished it up again, and after you think some cliche is coming up, him being a Fan is just Hilarious xD

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”