KR Build 22 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:52 am

☆☆☆☆☆
74%
☆☆☆☆
26%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 23
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 22 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - It's a reverse Game of Thrones

Last week's results: 4.70 / 5 (27 votes)

You see, in Game of Thrones, the enemy of the North is the final enemy, so if you reverse it... Nah, I don't want to overexplain it.

This is a long one, but it's all positive things this time:

That was a great episode. The actual fight was just okay, but what made it good was the drama of whether Misora was going to press the button or not. It really brings together what they've built for both her and Sento's relationship so far.

And then Ryuuga stepping up (because the reporter girl got him, damn, what's her name again? she needs to talk more) was the other half of what made this episode great. Wondering if Ryuuga will be able to stop his friend... (or get clobbered like every other time he's on screen) really sold me on the scenario writing in this episode. It's only fitting that now the stakes are so high, Ryuuga is finally able to overcome his belt and gain control and win.

Which made me wonder, does that mean Grease isn't a berserker? He sort of acts the part, but maybe the reason he's always so powerful as Grease is because he's had more experience, thus, he's already overcome the berserker aspect and is in full control of his actions. If that's the case, I kind of wish they made that more clear.

The icing on the cake is Stark's inevitable betrayal. Seriously, don't trust that guy.

Which leads to the big thought of the episode, how stupid is Prime Minister Peace? If the west hadn't invaded the north, Hokuto would have just conquered Touto because all the Kamen Riders in play were wiped out for the moment. (Hokuto's Hard Smashes are still in play).

Since a new chapter is opening up, things I hope to see:
-Stop using Katsuragi to deus ex machina everything. Any time Sento has a problem, he discovers some bullshit from his past to save him. Just shake things up a bit.
-Stop using Stark as a deus ex machina for every conflict. You're very entertaining to watch, but let other people have some of the spotlight. Also, giving Sento all those Bottles did nothing, they're not as powerful as Grease and he had to use Hazard Trigger anyway. Maybe he did it to give Sento the hope of not having to use Hazard Trigger.
-Don't just turn the Seito VS Touto war into a repeat of the war with Hokuto. Make it unique in some way that we hadn't seen before.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 22 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

A great episode. LOVED the fight and how riders went back and forth on each other.

If Soichi goes full-on Char, I'll dump my fanboyism for the latter while drinking indie barista coffee. All the betrayals he's conducting left and right. Seems like he may want the box and its secrets all to himself, or is there something in that box that he has to go this far??

Hello there, Seito Rider... I think Rick Sanchez fracked up that one Earth where Seito Hospital has changed into a country.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:35 pmIf Soichi goes full-on Char, I'll dump my fanboyism for the latter while drinking indie barista coffee.
"We believe that humanity should no longer pollute the Earth! But the Smashes whose souls are pulled down by gravity think only of ravaging it! Why is it so hard for people to understand? From the dawn of history, mankind has played in this cradle called “Earth.” But now, humanity must leave the nursery behind! Our infancy has come to an end!"

I dunno, that might be too cool for Build.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The drama for the self destruct switch is taken out by nature of the fact Sento said it would kill him. We know it isn't going to happen. Also, did Sawa need to physically run all the way to the Cafe? Surely a phone call would have sufficed. Or, it would have been better if Banjo watching the fight realised what was happening and needed to step in.

Other than that, it was a nice episode. I liked how the flashback scenes were interlaced with the fight scene. Hazard Hawk Gatlings debut was also a nice parallel to the original forms debut.

My one main concern is going straight from one war arc into another. This past one has probably been the weakest part of the show for me so far, so hopefully there is some interesting writing rather than the heroes jobbing to the new rider until Build gets another upgrade.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

this was a great episode, and I'm really curious where they're going from here.

Also, I LOVE that the new rider, who has crack marks on their bottle, chest, and face, has a "Fragile" sticker on the back of their helmet.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:22 pm The drama for the self destruct switch is taken out by nature of the fact Sento said it would kill him.
Maybe they could have just taken that line out. It's an explosion, but who knows how badly hurt Sento will be by it? Just the ambiguity of whether it's fatal or not would have probably worked.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was definitely an emotionally charged episode, and a good capstone to this arc.

I do agree that the stakes weren't quite as high as they'd appear, because you knew that Misora wouldn't actually do anything to lead to Sento's death. However in situations like these I don't think it requires much of a suspension of disbelief to enjoy the show anyhow. If nothing else, it becomes a question of how they're going to get around having to take such dire consequences.

Though since the first part of 7 Best Matches is set before this episode, I am very confused right now as to what's going on with Hazard Trigger. The entire point of that mini-sode was that Sento was developing a means to have Hazard Trigger shut itself down, and he supposedly succeeded at it. But this episode acts like such a thing isn't possible?

Anyhow, the fight itself was pretty good. It's nice to see Sento get some hits in along the way, and not spend the entire episode getting clobbered until he breaks out the Hazard Trigger. Though the green screen background wasn't especially well done, particularly in the daytime. And the arena seemed rather small for a couple of de facto superpowered fighting machines.

Count me in with Takenoko on finding the whole "overcoming the Sclash Driver" thing rather muddled. Until now "overcoming" it wasn't even presented as possible, let alone being a state that Grease was already at. The thing basically ramps up your aggression to insane levels; it's not like other series where the hero merely needs to "get stronger" to use the new widget.

Finally, this was another good Misora episode. Ever since they made her a more serious character she's been vastly more interesting. In some ways she's carrying the other half of the emotional weight of the show, along with Sento. However for the same reason I feel like episodes like this highlight why she needs to be a little more independent and a little more of a leading character. Right now she's still very much a supporting character; she doesn't need to be a Rider, but the material they've written for her has been so good that I think if she were treated like a main character, she would absolutely shine. Otherwise I worry about her eventually getting relegated to a similar role as Hina from OOO, and used like a sledgehammer of melodrama.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:18 pm Maybe they could have just taken that line out. It's an explosion, but who knows how badly hurt Sento will be by it? Just the ambiguity of whether it's fatal or not would have probably worked.
That'd work. I guess Sento is still in death seeker mode after killing Aoba. Still, he says there is no way to shut the Hazard Trigger down when in all 3 instances of using it (including the special) cancelling the transformation seems to do the trick.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Although it would violate all of the Kamen Rider rules, I think Sento should make a driver for Sawa:

Because Sawa's hazard level isn't high (although it has to be higher than an average person for her to fall five stories into a trash heap and walk away from it) the driver would be a power down rather than a power up from the other drivers.
If Sawa attacks someone the driver shuts off automatically to keep Sawa from being hurt.
The powered up form gives her speed, stealth, illusion, and agility, giving her the ability to steal things easily (even bottles in the middle of a fight between two other riders), the ability to deactivate berserk riders, and the ability to cosplay.
Sawa can only use the driver a limited number of times before the driver stops working (another safety switch to keep Sawa for getting hurt).
Sawa's transformation would be to put an atomizer on a bottle and spray it like perfume in the air and walk through the mist. She can switch or combine modes (speed, stealth, illusion, and agility) by switching bottles. The five bottles she uses are custom and even though they would work in a regular driver they would be pretty weak sauce (no best matches). Switching modes can be done an unlimited number of times safely (but the bottle would have to be regenerated by Misora if it runs dry) but use of the transformation bottle is limited for safety.
If Sawa overuses the drive and it shuts off, then even if Sento created a new driver it still wouldn't work because Sawa's body can only take so many initial transformations.

Sawa's powered up form (a nod to the new Super Sentai) is Kamen Rider Fujiko.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”