KR Build 23 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:29 am

☆☆☆☆☆
45%
☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
7%
No votes

Total votes: 29
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Build 23 released

Post by takenoko »

That sounds like some real pseudoscience.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:36 am That sounds like some real pseudoscience.
Well it's Kamen Rider. They ran out of rational explanations for power-ups years ago. To the point where even "a wizard did it" has been done.:p
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Pseudoscience isn't a bad thing, it expands the world of the series and can provide good tools for story tellling when handled correctly. We saw that they can do stuff to bottles, sparkling and sclash jelly which both had explanations as to how and why they are different. Crocodile bottle seems like it has its own electronics, considering it lit up with red veins, so its gotta be very unique, i'm sure they gonna talk about it. But power creep is getting crazy, gear bros were already one thing, dealing easily with hazard smash and Grease (doesn't help the fact that we not in Japan, have to just accept kaiser system without seeing it in action before).
But i don't care about any of that, since Rogue made me watch his henshin on loop. And when that happens, i know something is truly badass. Good use on jaw themes, despite rider being crocodile themed (also yay another crocodile rider after Gaoh), pretty unique design and sound effect after being putted into driver. And that scream of terror at the end.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Right, it's just the science of Build seems kind of pulled out of a hat. Why are jellies stronger than bottles? Why are bottles in a Sclash driver better than jellies? It's like when Yoda says hate leads to love and then to fear. If all three things are random unconnected things, the explanation for the system feels unsatisfying.

Contrast this with Blade. Each of the cards can basically do anything, but at least with the face cards, you knew intuitively that those things would be extra special. Plus, you could have figured that out without needing prior knowledge about plasma and physics or whatever.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Rogue's new jingle is really great. Dun dun dun, dun dun dun. Then that scream at the end? Chilling.
Too bad it wasn't used in a more "horror-y" situation, kind of like when we had the light shot out and swinging over Sento "snapping" with Hazard form.

Kiba... yea, the low point of the episode. Rushes off, gets beat up, they're knocked out of the sky and he's dying... then he transforms, takes a hit and then actually dies.
Hazard hasn't been made inferior yet. Ryuga shot it off him before he lost it; then he only used Sparkling for the rest, which yea, time to already outclass the first upgrade.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Weather »

I mean, jellies are concentrated juice from bottles, so its more intense smash element. For me that works well enough considering KR never goes in depth bout its mechanic like some anime does. I dunno bout bottles being stronger in sclash driver, its just that they can use them for attack or summon bottle weapons, and that gives sclash rider an edge.
chaossage13
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Kinji Takigawa
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Persona

Post by chaossage13 »

Weather wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 am I mean, jellies are concentrated juice from bottles, so its more intense smash element. For me that works well enough considering KR never goes in depth bout its mechanic like some anime does. I dunno bout bottles being stronger in sclash driver, its just that they can use them for attack or summon bottle weapons, and that gives sclash rider an edge.
Hmmm... Does this mean that the next power up will be gummies?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

The concentration idea fits in well with my idea for a "power down" driver driven by an atomizer (allowing people with lower hazard levels to safely transform).
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Hmmm contrary to most people, I actually enjoyed the episode quite a bit. Yes, agreed that Kiba's death felt cheap. I don't even remember his name until Grease called him repeatedly, I honestly can't feel the emotion from his death. But I enjoyed the reintroduction of Rogue as new KR. Something tells me his powerup isn't just in the rider system but he could have done something to himself physically as well to up his hazard level or something.

Tho, like many mentioned before, he will probably get outclassed by powerup Build.

I'm still wondering who will be the main/final villain. I mean Rogue till now feels like an obstacle on arc-by-arc basis than the final threat. Stark feels like the guy who is the big bad until someone betrays him and (possibly) kills him to be the big bad. Or they could totally turn him into someone who is trying to do good albeit in a twisted way.

So... that leaves the Nanba President? Seito PM? I just hope they don't do a last min asspull and intro some sudden big bad like what they did in Drive/Ex-Aid.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

takenoko wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:42 pm Right, it's just the science of Build seems kind of pulled out of a hat. Why are jellies stronger than bottles? Why are bottles in a Sclash driver better than jellies? It's like when Yoda says hate leads to love and then to fear. If all three things are random unconnected things, the explanation for the system feels unsatisfying.

Contrast this with Blade. Each of the cards can basically do anything, but at least with the face cards, you knew intuitively that those things would be extra special. Plus, you could have figured that out without needing prior knowledge about plasma and physics or whatever.
So far the different transformations have used.
Steam > Liquid > Jelly > Solid.
The different states of Matter. (With Jelly being more of an in-between of Water and Solid)

Water is more solid than Steam. (Which is why Night Rouge and Blood Stark eventually got outclassed.)
Jelly is thicker than Liquid. (Which is why the Sclash riders are stronger.)
It appears that Rogue's Bottle is actually solid all the way through and just 'cracks' when activated. Solid is more immovable than jelly.
Spoiler
All that's left is Plasma. Which is an even more sparse Gas just with a lot of energy in it. I guess they could cheat and bring in Dark Matter or Supersolid or Plancks.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Weather »

Solid would make most sense considering that in Shuttles, they use solid fuel instead of liquid.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”