KR Build 23 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:29 am

☆☆☆☆☆
45%
☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
7%
No votes

Total votes: 29
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 23 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - War, What is it Good For? Part 2

Last week's results: 4.84 / 5 (19 votes)

Yeah... didn't really enjoy this episode. Killing off Kiba just felt trite. You can't just spend Idiot Coins and expect drama payout each time.

I wish they had a name for the guys like Rogue, Stark, and the cog guys. They're not Riders, so what are they?

How is KR Rogue so powerful? Aren't they still going off the tech that Katsuragi designed? That's the problem with the power ups in this series, since it's based on the tech race instead of personal skill, the fights have a predetermined outcome feeling to them.

Although, what was the point of using the Hazard Trigger? It's no longer overpowered against the cog guy, and gets shot out before he even really does anything.

Come to think about it, why did Kiba make a suicide run to Hokuto to begin with instead of going with Grease and Aka? And why was Seito so insistent on antagonizing Grease in particular? They feel less like personal motivations and more like dots you want to hit in the script.

Also, why was Kiba's death so bad? He's hurt bad, no wait, he's dying, you can tell because the light particles. Oh wait, he's still strong enough to transform to take a hit. Oh, now he's dying for real this time. That was bad.

And Grease decides to get the shit kicked out of hit instead of using Kiba's death to run away and regroup with the Riders, thus making it impossible for him to fight with Build and Crossy.

I don't think Night Rogue was gone long enough for this dramatic reappearance to work.

All in all, it didn't feel like anything in this episode work. Kind of a sloppy entrance to the Seito chapter of Build.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 23 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Welcome to the world of Kamen Rider, Osamu Adachi. Guess you got bored drawing manga during the 80's, eh? It's all good if you wanna enlist and fight for your capital.

Well damn, the Kaizers make their return with blood on their hands now. And look who's back!! Sawa-chan, keep your eyes peeled because that lech may need more than a squeeze. He wants a bite!

In hindsight, PM Himuro, you shouldn't have banished your son from Touto. Jailing your son at a maximum security prison under insanity asylum would've been possible because of his previous identity alone. Please think before you do, sir.

I liked the final fight of this episode.

4/5.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It was nice to have a Sawatari episode. It's a given all the stooges would die. Nobody gets away without any suffering in this show it seems.

The Kaiser Bros sharing the weapon is funny. I like Remote Control Brothers transformation jingle. It's funky.

I do like Rogues design and motif. I just wish that it was still bat themed or built up on Night Rogues design, because that was sweet. Interested into hearing about what made Punished Gentoku decide to trust Stark again.

My only worry is that this arc is going to be a re-hash of the last war arc. Riders and Co job repeatedly for weeks until Build gets and upgrade.
chaossage13
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Kinji Takigawa
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Persona

Post by chaossage13 »

I agree with takenoko. You can't build drama by sacrificing bit characters you've barely had a chance to learn about beyond "we care about our boss and country." Also, why did Kiba just run off? Grease and company didn't learn about their farm being taken over until the taunt video so why would he go there immediately? Further more, him running off hot headed like that seems out of character.

Does Kamen Rider Rogue's henshin and attack theme really incorporate a scream into them? It's kind of unsettling.

Anyone else get a potential Punch Hopper, Kick Hopper vibe from the Gear Bros, minus the necessary character building?

And, (since this is the first time I've posted regarding Build) anyone else getting a Wiseman vibe from Stark? His two face interfering and power up hand outs are very reminiscent of Wizard's final story arc, just with more of a hands on approach.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

what was the bit about them saying about the rider system some guy made at 07:23? is that from one of the movies?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Sinkuu wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:21 pm what was the bit about them saying about the rider system some guy made at 07:23? is that from one of the movies?
Yeah it's from Heisei Generations. Hasn't come out on DVD yet though :/
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So Utsumi is only capable of creating technology based on other peoples designs? What a hack.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:51 pm So Utsumi is only capable of creating technology based on other peoples designs? What a hack.
Truly the Steve Jobs of the KR world
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I can't really be bothered to write a lot about this one. Takenoko hit all the high points here: it's "dramatic" because suddenly the heroes are getting their butts kicked by new players and another stooge died. But overall not a lot actually happens. A better written episode would have found a less rote and more interesting way to integrate Grease into Team Build.
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:24 am My only worry is that this arc is going to be a re-hash of the last war arc. Riders and Co job repeatedly for weeks until Build gets and upgrade.
This is my worry as well. That Build is falling to soap opera levels of plotting for the stretches in between major form (read: toy) releases. The Houkto war was already too plodding and padded out as it was, and the Sento war risks falling into the same trap. "The heroes get their butts kicked for several episodes until they get their upgrades" is not a very interesting story arc the first time, let alone the second.
Lunagel wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:54 pm
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:51 pm So Utsumi is only capable of creating technology based on other peoples designs? What a hack.
Truly the Steve Jobs of the KR world
Steve Jobs had a far more interesting personality.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:54 pm Truly the Steve Jobs of the KR world
I'm now imagining Utsumi giving the Nanba keystone presentation convincing people that the Nebula Steam gun isn't just a purple repaint of the Trans Steam Gun.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Lol, so some not-so-minor character is killed off without me even knowing what his name really was.

The show is sadly declining (typical middle arc slump of Rider shows?)...
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

Did anyone else beside me get that Washio brothers' names are based off Raijin and Fuujin?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

They didn't bother to say their names, so more flunkies who'll probably die soon I guess?
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

it's just me, but if you put funky plus smoke effects, it just reminds me of fart, seriously, it made me laugh when the bros transformed

The only thing i like here was Rouge's henshin, it looked pretty cool, his helmet did a shattering effect, pretty badass

Still, the power difference is stupid, it's basically just the sclash driver, why did the supposed powerful/forbidden hazard trigger instantly became like garbage compared to it?, they should explain that or that bottle is just different from the rest?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

The specs for Rogue on Toeis website say because Rogue transforms with a bottle as opposed to Sclash Jelly, he doesn't have the vents to release it like Charge and Grease do. The trade off is that the jelly hardens in response to physical trauma (NANOMACHINES SON!).

Builds been pretty good at explaining shit like this, so it'll either come up or they'll just say their Hazard levels are higher.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”