KR Build 24 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆☆
56%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 16
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Build 24 released

Post by Catastrophe »

You can use both together on the toy. It just doesn't have any special sound for it.
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by solari »

Sefiros wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:06 am Did anyone else think Rogue's definition of hell was exaggerated? Sure he was humiliated and beaten, but "hell" implies a much more brutal treatment or trial to go through. I just didn't buy it.
Gentoku was raised pampered and spoiled as a son of a rich and influential family plus he have had a high position in government so I think it's likely he hasn't experienced a lot of that before in his life. Therefore it probably was hell to him.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I think he was probably tortured and beaten more than what children Japanese TV can allow.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Say, know one said anything but during the beginning of Gentoku explaining how he became Seito's Kamen Rider it showed a official logo of "Namba Heavy Industries" so that part is the officially pronounced version.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's partially my fault as qc, if I had noticed it was spelled Nanba, I would have mentioned that it's usually an m before hard sounds like b or p. Live and learn.
chaossage13
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Kinji Takigawa
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Persona

Post by chaossage13 »

So I finally got around to watching this and I definitely enjoyed the episode, but I can't help but notice things:

Was anyone else disturbed by the "going through hell, I'm going to make you suffer, henshin scream" montage being promptly followed by the upbeat theme song? It was just such a jarring mood switch, even with the sound pause.
ViRGE wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:45 am And since when could Barista Snake take on Sparkling Build, let alone Hazard Build?
I know it was stated that the "mist match" non-riders have set hazard levels they can't raise, but I can't remember if Barista Snake ever said what his level actually is (or if he did, was he even telling the truth?). Chances are it's higher than he lets on or he's (most likely) secretly another Kamen Rider in the making. If not, I figure they're going to make him like Gin from Bleach (also a snake theme) and have it turn out that he was just getting ready for the big bad in his own whatever-it-takes-even-murder way.

And maybe it's been mentioned before, but has anyone noticed the show is beginning to mirror Gaim quite a bit? Powers that make you less human the more you use them in a war that the main character wants to stop and/or doesn't want to be a part of while working with a mysterious girl with eyes that glow a different color. Sparkling reminded me of the soda upgrade immediately. Replace the Eden apple with the Pandora's Box. The only part that doesn't "fit" is the addition of the Ex-Aid-like level system which doesn't shake it up all that much.

I wonder how much mileage the "Kazumin / Miitan" interactions are going to get? And speaking of, I like Misora a lot as a character but could they stop making her look so... dowdy? I get that they're all wearing seasonally appropriate attire but why does she have the biggest sweater with the ugliest flannel skirts?

Whatever happened to newspaper spy chick?

I don't know if I"m going to explain this last part right, but...
What's with the weird repetitions that keep happening plot wise? Hazard trigger causing Sento to lose himself *every* time he uses it followed by a struggle to knock him out of it (though it seems to be getting easier as time goes on). The "I'm doing this to protect him" set up for Sento and Banjou with Misora having to act as the "you guys are idiots" go between. Even Barista Snake's constant interference and betrayals as well as Sento's resolve/depression cycles. I know they have a story to tell, but they seem to either drag out or revisit certain details excessively before actually expanding on them. And I fully expect Rogue (especially with the sales pitch angle) to reference his motivational suffereing for the next several episodes.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Whatever happened to newspaper spy chick?

She probably costs too much to have in every episode.

>What's with the weird repetitions that keep happening plot wise?

The cynic in me thinks it's just bad writing. We're halfway through the series and it's been an uneven ride.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Sawa doesn't really contribute a lot, especially since the shift to the war arc. They should have offed her after her revelation as a spy.

In regards to the plot, having two drawn out war arcs was a mistake. It's a problem you get when you stop the monster of the week format after the first arc to focus on Rider vs Rider shit. Nobody can really do anything or kill anyone.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Say, you think you could sub those 2 trailers of Rogue mini-series that will be release in the BD sets?

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”