KR Build 26 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:37 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
44%
☆☆
13%
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 26 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Interference is a physics property

Last week's results: 3.73 / 5 (15 votes)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interfere ... opagation)

3/5 I'll write my actual thoughts after everyone else's.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 26 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

In hindsight, Sawa should have been kept away from the gang after she turned Smash and Sento should've quickly investigated her after that event rather than now. With her still around, Nanba may be able to get to Misora in the event he wants to know about Sora Amamiya's powers.

There has to be a way to encrypt the info on your computer after you've built something, Genius Scientist. Soichi got the Sclash Driver schematics from it, now Sawa has her paws on the new Rider gear. If your former identity was smart enough to hide a thumbdrive of Project Build, then I hope there was a way to prevent Sawa from leaving the cafe with new data.

Lackluster backstory for the Washio Brothers. You two are not worth it, Gundam and/or Fallout already taught me about survival in a world with bloodlust and war. If one should care about Nanba's Iron Blooded Orphans, one of them should become a Kamen Rider.

Build Fighters 2: Electric Bogaloo is not in a good start despite a decent Grease Lightning VS Gear Engine battle, yet there's Build Divers in April.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

All signs seem to point towards Sento knowing that Sawa is leaking information. She suddenly showed up at that lab and offered to assist on the new upgrade. How does she know he was working on that? Only Misora and Banjou were in the room when Sento talked about his plans. This is the kind of red flag that even a ditz like Sailor Moon would notice. That is why he asked Sawa questions about her backstory.

I doubt being late to the proxy fights was an accident. Sento probably needed the extra time to set a trap with the data.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Second verse, same as the first.

I was reaaaaaally hoping they were just setting up a red herring with Sawa but no, she's the obvious spy here and it's even more obvious since WE HAD THIS PLOT ALREADY COME ON MAN.

Partial clip show, boring flashback, skip!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Just an okay episode. Nice moment between Banjou and Otoya, but that's about it. Nice reminder that Banjou also lost someone, so he and Otoya have something to bond over.

Otherwise, pretty frickin' heavy handed. How many times do we need to be reminded of the crows? It's not good enough to just have Otoya go "I'm going to avenge my friends" beforehand or something?

I also was hoping that Sawa was misdirection, but nope. Never let it be said that Build is known for its subtlety. Sure, it seems like the characters like Sento or Banjou know that Sawa is a traitor. But you can at least leave it ambiguous for the audience. Instead, they just crassly shove it in your face, like you're stupid and you deserve to be treated like a stupid person.

Nice villain moment from king of the west.

Fuck you with that Sawa reveal flashback shot. As if it wasn't obvious enough.

So does Misora have to make another bottle since they broke the one they had? How does combining two of the same elements help the situation? It's nice that you mention the physics term Interference, as in, combining two waveforms such that their peaks become additive, creating a more powerful wave, but what does that mean in terms of this show? Does this make sense, or is this more TV science?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So as much as I shit on the repeat of the proxy battle, it was a nice fight. Grease hasn't been able to get one up over either of the Bros one on one, so him giving Engine a beatdown as neat. Still, if the 2nd one can become Hell Bros, then he should of as well. Banjou is going to job hard next week...

Speaking of, I did like the bro moment between Banjou and Grease. They both are pretty cool characters.

I didn't mind the clipshow part. It's nice that Build can still have moments of humour. The best parts of that were Sento shrugging off Banjous good questions. I don't think Sento is an idiot and is leading Sawa on somehow, like he's deliberately left only some of the specs on the computer in order to act as a surprise for the battle.

The Sawa thing would have been better if they didn't already reveal she was a Nanba spy during episode 10. There isn't anybody else in the main group that would be, and the fact she is absent a lot for no explanation (and not in the opening credits) is a give away.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

we're over the halfway point, and I'm betting odds there still at LEAST one more powerup for Sento past this new suit he's getting next ep. (nice reveal, Junction. >.>)

agreed with lunagel. only redeeming part of the clip half was Misora screaming for them to STFU.

weak ass rehash, pointless combo on the gearheads... nobody gives a fuck.

low point for me in the series.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Like last week's episode, the first half of this episode was great. I am admittedly growing a tad tired of cliffhangers at this point, but Misora stopping Hazard Build and ultimately providing the key to a permanent solution was a nice touch. And the Totou PM begging the Riders to fight to avoid the bloodshed of the population is a nice subversion of what happened in the first time with the first war.

The Three Crows stuff has been drawn out way too long. But I do think Otoya finally burying his friends dog tags after talking about it in the last episode was genuinely touching. I still feel like the character is one-dimensional, but at least he's been given a reasonable redemption arc.

This episode even had some levity, which was badly needed. As I mentioned last week this series has been playing everything surprisingly seriously since the end of the first arc, which has been to its detriment at times. So it's nice to see Sento and the rest of the crew smiling and goofing around for a bit.

Unfortunately it all goes to hell after that. I don't think there's anything left to be said about Sawa that hasn't already been said; it's just so damned stupid for there to be a mole again, and for it to be her yet again. And then pairing that up with another proxy fight is just doubling-down on the bad choices. It's like they only had half an episode ready, so they used that for the first half and then recycled plot points for the second half.

Overall it's still a decent episode, but only barely. At the very least Sento didn't lose another damned fight!

And what the hell is a Hells Bros supposed to be? The show seems to be assuming we know who they are.
TypicalStandUser wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:13 pm In hindsight, Sawa should have been kept away from the gang after she turned Smash and Sento should've quickly investigated her after that event rather than now. With her still around, Nanba may be able to get to Misora in the event he wants to know about Sora Amamiya's powers.
I am about ready to start rooting for her to suffer an unpleasant and ironic death. For the last 3 months she's either been AWOL or has been causing problems for the heroes. She's a villain in civilian clothes.
takenoko wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:43 am How does combining two of the same elements help the situation? It's nice that you mention the physics term Interference, as in, combining two waveforms such that their peaks become additive, creating a more powerful wave, but what does that mean in terms of this show? Does this make sense, or is this more TV science?
Constructive interference is a real thing. However it's being applied in a nonsensical manner for the purposes of a TV show. It's window dressing on the standard "powers combined" trope.
Catastrophe wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:43 am So as much as I shit on the repeat of the proxy battle, it was a nice fight. Grease hasn't been able to get one up over either of the Bros one on one, so him giving Engine a beatdown as neat.
You do have a good point there. The fact that there needed to be a proxy fight at all is absurd, I can't accuse Toei's stunt and choreography teams of not being on top of their respective games. It was a well executed fight scene.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The problem with having it as a full on war is that it would be boring. All people want to see is Riders fighting Kajin or other Riders.

They should have beaten the Bros in the last episode. They're up to fuck all anyway.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I am hoping for the following punch line:

Using the stolen data, Nanba creates a similar gun to Sento's. But when Kick Hopper goes to use the gun in the proxy battle a flag comes out of the barrel saying "bang".

Another punch line they should use (if it wasn't inappropriate for this type of show) is when Sento is told by Banjou that Sawa is the traitor he should just say "I knew that, after all, she's not in the opening credits".

Since they had a clips show, does this mean that the second half of the season is going to be re-branded?

How about:

Kamen Rider Build!
Shin Kamen Rider Build
Kamen Rider Build Shippuden
Kamen Rider Build Max Heart
Kamen Rider Re-Build
Kamen Rider Upgrade
Kamen Rider Expansion Kit
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Somewhat decent Episode, but not really up to par with the rest, how did Grease avenge the Crows, one was killed by Sento, one by the bros?, and the last from Crocodile, so yeah you won a fight against one of the Bros, that doesn't avenge anything... anyhow hope that brings their Arc to a closure.

Sawa was so obvious it hurts that they even put it in the Show, I mean we haven't really seen here the last few Bits, last Time was Touto/Hokuto Proxy Fight, at least last Time that sticked, but was pretty obvious that she is the Spy again, even more so after they came up with the Namba Children Substory, which by now is probably my least liked Part of Build.

I really do hope that Sento faked or faulted the Blueprints on his Computer this time, so it blows up in Nanba's Face, because if he let's his stuff be stolen again, he is super dumb, especially since as someone already mentioned before Sawa walzed in "I'll help with the Power-up!" - dafuq you know about it? - So if they haven't figured that out after finding the Bug in Dragon then idk...
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

resop2 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:07 pm Since they had a clips show, does this mean that the second half of the season is going to be re-branded?

How about:

Kamen Rider Build!
Shin Kamen Rider Build
Kamen Rider Build Shippuden
Kamen Rider Build Max Heart
Kamen Rider Re-Build
Kamen Rider Upgrade
Kamen Rider Expansion Kit
Rebranded?? Neither Rider nor Sentai has had its title changed during its run. And I think that will stay the same for the forseeable future.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm guessing it was a joke.
Cyberman
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Cyberman »

njb wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:41 am Rebranded?? Neither Rider nor Sentai has had its title changed during its run. And I think that will stay the same for the forseeable future.
Does KR Black/Black RX count if you view it as 2 years run? :P
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I would have hoped that "Kamen Rider Build Shippuden" would have tipped off the comedic intent.

On the other hand, they may rebrand the current Super Sentai show by adding a third team to the title just to make Lunagel mad.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”