KR Build 27 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:49 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
26%
☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆
16%
☆☆
5%
No votes

Total votes: 19
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Re: KR Build 27 released

Post by nanamarfo »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:35 am Also just want to mention the insert song is shit. What happened? Kamen Rider used to be really good with using insert songs to make moments more epic and now they either don't bother or when they do the make garbage ones.
Yea, RIDER CHIPS. where are you?
NOMarfo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

nanamarfo wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:37 pm
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:35 am Also just want to mention the insert song is shit. What happened? Kamen Rider used to be really good with using insert songs to make moments more epic and now they either don't bother or when they do the make garbage ones.
Yea, RIDER CHIPS. where are you?
(Toei has no moooooney)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Stop making shitty web episodes and Blu Ray exclusives and make some inserts!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:28 pm Stop making shitty web episodes and Blu Ray exclusives and make some inserts!
Not to get super off topic, but it's kind of nice to not have to give Toei 100-200 bucks per month for Blu-rays. Since I'm not on any current project and they're only releasing Kiva (which I have no interest in) I haven't paid Toei the Blu-ray tax in a few months now. I wonder if they cut back on the disc sales because they were losing money, but at the very least, they're losing out on my purchases by not putting their back catalog on sale.

Looks like Go-Onger will last till the end of the year, but Kiva's done in May. I wonder what Kamen Rider they'll put out after that and V3 are finished.

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Toku_Disc_Release_List
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was a good episode. Not a 5, but a solid 4.

While the fact that this episode ended on another damn cliffhanger after starting on one doesn't amuse me, I otherwise like the pacing within the episode itself. Making part of the Cross-Z fight a flashback was a nice touch that allowed the episode to focus on the characters too rather than being forced to focus on the fighting. And the Hell Bros tricking Ryuga like that was genuinely clever since it used Ryuga's character traits so well. And for that matter, how he reacted when he found out he was fooled. He's growing as a character by realizing it was his own fault.

I also liked the Build vs. Rogue fight, though for different reasons. Rogue running his mouth off like that was really just there to give Sento a big damn hero moment - that he's not Katsuragi and that he's a hero of justice - but it worked well. Sento has been lost for the better part of a dozen episodes now, so it's nice to finally see him lighten up a bit and stop being so moody. Also, bonus points here for how they mixed in the footage of the two talking to each other during the fight; one of the problems with "fighting monologues" is that the actors are restricted to just voice acting, so even though these scenes are just symbolic, they let the actor take a greater role in the scene and otherwise better convey the thoughts and emotions behind it.

Rabbit Rabbit is okay. The color scheme works for me; the fact that Build jumps into the armor and not the other way around less so. The fight itself was a bit of a curbstomp battle, but that's okay. It doesn't make heavy use of CGI, so there was plenty of actual stunt fighting going on.:)

And Sawa has indeed screwed over Sento again. I don't care what her reason is; let Otoya drop her traitorous ass off of a tall building or something.

Random observation: You'd think the Touto PM would be around given that his country (and indeed all of Japan) is at stake...
takenoko wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:59 am Also, don't kill Sawa! Don't three idiots Sawa. Do I need to explain all the reasons that's bad?
Yes please. I really don't see any benefits to the story at this point by keeping her alive.
Eh, it's not by any means a terrible song. It's not great either and it won't be remembered, but they could have done worse. Overall it's just sort of there.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:06 am
takenoko wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:59 am Also, don't kill Sawa! Don't three idiots Sawa. Do I need to explain all the reasons that's bad?
Yes please. I really don't see any benefits to the story at this point by keeping her alive.
Because it's the three idiots route of ramping up drama by killing off a semi-regular. We've already drank from that poison spring three times, do we need to do it a fourth time too? What does a character death even mean anymore at this point? They've just cheapened it too much at this point, I'd rather see her stick around and see how the characters react to her betrayal.

Granted, they sort of destroy Sawa's characterization with the last few episodes, but she was a pretty interesting and dynamic character in the first half of the series. But her role as confidant to Misora has been transferred to Sento. It'd be nice to see her being a part of the fold again instead of weirdly disappearing the last few episodes, and then dying as a spy.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:17 am
ViRGE wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:06 am Yes please. I really don't see any benefits to the story at this point by keeping her alive.
Because it's the three idiots route of ramping up drama by killing off a semi-regular. We've already drank from that poison spring three times, do we need to do it a fourth time too? What does a character death even mean anymore at this point? They've just cheapened it too much at this point, I'd rather see her stick around and see how the characters react to her betrayal.

Granted, they sort of destroy Sawa's characterization with the last few episodes, but she was a pretty interesting and dynamic character in the first half of the series. But her role as confidant to Misora has been transferred to Sento. It'd be nice to see her being a part of the fold again instead of weirdly disappearing the last few episodes, and then dying as a spy.
At least to me, there's no reason it has to be dramatic. Just off her and everyone can sit down and enjoy a coffee while noting that she was a good-for-nothing spy. :x

Otherwise her mere presence is potentially inhibiting the show. Instead of getting something interesting for the B-plot we got her being a traitor again, which is territory we've already been over. So axing her would prevent the writers from playing that card again.

She could have been a good character. But it's too late. At this point she's damaged soap opera goods.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”