KR Build 28 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:32 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
7%
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 28 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Gentoku is your villainous evil son

Last week's results: 3.93 / 5 (14 votes)

Yeah, that was alright. We saw the good guys do some heroing. The bad guys got beaten. To the surprise of no one, the bad guys go back on their promises. It's all very by the numbers.

Speaking of no surprises, Tank Tank was pretty much what you thought it was, given how much they advertised it leading up to this point. I did like that they had some good reasons for why we were suspecting Sawa, only to reveal that she had a deeper character arc than nothing at all.

It's hard not to notice the places where the budget was obviously squeezed. Instead of seeing Nabeshima's family, we see the little girl and the claim the family is off screen. We see Nanba eat a taiyaki once, and now that's his character trait? Did they not have time to have Midou redo that death scene, because that was hilariously bad.

Sooo... here's the third arc big bad and it's Nanba. I guess it's good that he was established pretty early on, but he still kinda sucks since we don't know who he is or what his motivations are. At least with monsters, there's the mystery and the unknowingness to why they attack. Writing up good human villains is hard. Let's hope Nanba is able to support the last third of the story arc, since I bet they won't stop shoving him in our faces.

Edit:
Calling it now, the last third of Build will end in a dance off:
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 28 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Compassion over hatred. You've let a child soldier into your gang after hearing out her confession and let her play the traitor in a ruse to fool her master and Seito. Nagase-kun, be proud that your new friends have shared your experience in sympathizing with people whom you may have persecuted or killed. Now come back to Amazons in a cameo appearance!

Been a while, Stark. On that note, is Yasuyuki Maekawa too busy an actor to even appear out of the armor or is he contracted to appear in some of the episodes this season??

Decent 2nd half of Build VS Rogue. Bleh new Guardians outfits.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Touto, is its idealogy naive?

Post by takenoko »

So Touto, are they completely naive or is their ideology doomed to fail in the end? Pacifism is one thing, but you still need to defend your country from foreign (or outside) forces!

First, you can't solve everything with a proxy battle. All the other side needs to do is A) Not agree to the fight or B) Do the fight then go back on their word when they lose, which is what has happened after both proxy fights!!!

Second, Gentoku is freaking right. You need strength to protect the peace. Symbolically, Sento loses the battle when he invokes a tank, a jet, a gatling gun, and rockets when he beats Rogue. You argue for peace, but you're still using the tools of war to do it.

I agree with the Prime Minister of Touto for wanting peace, but he's an idiot and his country would be taken over several times over if not for Team Build.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So I'm glad the Sawa thing played out the way it did. Using Nabeshima's family is a bit lame but I suppose there aren't any other supporting characters. It's not like earlier Heisei with a lot more characters that don't really do a lot.

I did enjoy the Tank Tank ploy. It's nice to know that Sento has wised up and really showing he is a genius.

Oh great. ANOTHER WAR ARC? Hopefully Stark starts putting his plan into motion soon and we learn more about Mars. I am enjoying Build, but if I have to see the Riders job to anything for a month before getting another power up I'm going to snap.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

I've seen enough toku to know where this would lead, and am glad it did turn out this way: Sento remembered he was smart, and Gentoku didn't make a heel face turn. Didn't even consider an apology.

I think what surprised me the most is that Seito's leader, whatever his name was, actually WAS going to follow through with the penalty, unlike Tajimi. It's refreshing to sometimes have a villain with pride and who isn't one hundred percent Freeza.

take: Every time I see him on screen he's eating taiyaki, in water, or fishing. I honestly don't get it either.

Catastrophe: It's not like there were any other families they could use that the audience could care about, aside from that mom from episode 3-4 but no one remembers her.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yeah. That was my point. Other Rider series would have at least 3 to 4 non-combatants they could use for such a purpose.

I guess after having those two useless shrine hands in Ghost and throwing away the monster of the week formula they've decided to just run a minimal cast? Build has fewer extras than even Ex-Aid.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>take: Every time I see him on screen he's eating taiyaki, in water, or fishing. I honestly don't get it either.

Oh, that's actually a good observation. I like subtle characterization and an attention to detail. But this just comes off as "This guy's face is going to change. How can we show that it's the same character? Oh, we can buy a 100 pack of taiyaki and just have the different actors eat them."
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

To be fair, the actor did a good impersonation of him.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Pretty early in the series they talked about how everyone who was exposed to the light from Pandora's box at the creation of Skywall had their personality changed by it . They know very well that the leaders of the other two countries plus night rogue have warlike tendencies because they have had their brains microwaved by an alien artifact. Yet they seem to have forgotten this. They shouldn't ever believe anything those other two leaders say and they shouldn't be surprised that night rogue is a crazy warmonger full of paranoia and certain that the other side's gonna attack. He has been programmed.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was a decent enough episode I suppose. But the pacing felt all wrong. At points it felt more like an epilogue for the arc than a crescendo of a new form. The heavy use of flashbacks so late into the fight didn't do it any favors here.

Meanwhile, somehow, through all of this, Sento still almost lost a fight. Man, this poor guy just can't win as of late.

And I still say that we should vote Sawa off the island.
takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:15 am So Touto, are they completely naive or is their ideology doomed to fail in the end? Pacifism is one thing, but you still need to defend your country from foreign (or outside) forces!
Neither.

Despite Papa PM's general diplomatic goals, he still maintained a reasonable army. We saw it time and time again when they were hunting down Sento and Ryuga all throughout the first arc of the series. And again at the start of the first war arc. The only reason it was defeated was because of the Kamen Riders, and they are a very destabilizing external factor. In fact in a roundabout way Gentoku was the reason that Papa PM's army wasn't enough; it was Gentoku and Faust that created the Kamen Riders.

And wasn't it Hokotu and Seito that proposed the proxy fights?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I think Touto asked for the 1st one, because they were getting their asses handed to them.

The 2nd one Seito asked for to get the rest of the bottles so they could open the box.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Yes it was.

Look like Stark has just created a new game : change everyone's face and watch the chaos as they're trying to figure out who's who.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:18 amDespite Papa PM's general diplomatic goals, he still maintained a reasonable army.
Was it a reasonable army? They basically couldn't defend themselves and would have lost if not for Stark and his son creating things like Smash and spurning Sento to create the Kamen Riders.

What about that time Touto had a chance to launch a surprise attack on Hokuto, but had it cancelled by the prime minister and Cross-Z. If not for the proxy fight and Seito's intervention, Hokuto would have countered by just taking over Touto.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I like how all that drama about theft of RabbitRabbits data and having to programme it into Rogue effectively boiled down to 'Use Diamond'.

Utsumi is a hack fraud.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think that Sawa should stay on the island. Since Namba is coming after her, this would be a perfect excuse for Sento to turn Sawa into a Rider (or psuedo-Rider) so that she can survive (and we can have two seasons in a row with female riders). (Since her hazard level is high enough for a Smash but too low for a rider Sento would have to improvise.)

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”