Poll: What's your opinion of Kamen Rider Build?

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:46 pm

☆☆☆☆☆ Built
47%
☆☆☆☆ Build Up
26%
☆☆☆ Dragon Ball-Z
16%
☆☆ Second rate cafe
5%
☆ Opened Pandora's Box
5%

Total votes: 19
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Poll: What's your opinion of Kamen Rider Build?

Post by windfall »

Overall I don't dislike this season. I found a lot of parts of it to be enjoyable. I thought the cast was a bit stronger than most seasons, there weren't many useless side characters (looking you Shibuya and Narita), and the comedic bits worked for me at least.

As for some criticisms, I don't really care much for the full bottles. They just feel like worse versions of gaia memories. It didn't feel like there was really enough plot to carry the whole season. I feel like a lot of season was spent waiting for the next power up to appear. Were there plans for Queen Bernage to do more? I feel like I was expecting a cool last stand type of scene.

I wasn't a huge fan of the fight scenes this season. A bit too much shaky cam combined with the fights often devolving into brawls made me lose interest.

The plot points were pretty predictable, although I suppose the writers weren't trying to hide any huge twists. I did think they were better about not delaying the reveals forever unlike some previous seasons.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Final poll: 4.05 / 5 (19 votes)

I think that's fair. This series did have some great characters and a lot of potential. I don't think I cared for the main plot, where they go with some of the characters, and the ultimate conclusion, but I really liked most of the characters in this series.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Hiring experienced actors definitely helped. Compared to most of the time when they are relatively new, it really shows early on.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”