KR Build 30 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:33 am

☆☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
29%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Build 30 released

Post by Alessar »

That rock that his new bottle came out of is actually his old driver. When he got hit by a blast protecting Misora, his transformation was canceled and you can see that his belt is burned to a ball of slag. That's the rock.

Also I think that Banjou is Evolt, and is gonna turn out to be like a baby from Mars that also came out of Pandora's box in some way. Not a literal child out-of-the-box but you know we've seen things like this before, for example in Agito. Someone created a whole backstory to hide him on earth... Now who knew that he would be partially or fully alien and hide him? that's a good question. Maybe it was the human persona of our coffee shop guy when he wasn't being possessed by Stark. Which is the other revelation this episode that nobody has commented on because it was so obvious in hindsight. For a while now we've all been comfortable with the assumption that his personality was rewritten by the force they came out of Pandora's box that made everyone warlike. But considering that he's teleported and thrown energy bolts from his untransformed hand, it does sort of make sense (now that we know about the queen) to realize that he's also an entity that has possessed a human host.

Final comment, at one point in the dialogue of this episode the subs read (when the new knuckle was used) you "fainted" and I'm wondering if you guys meant to write feinted as in a trick attack?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Thanks for answering my question. Also, whoa, I don't remember that scene at all.

Oops, did we use the wrong feint?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

No, Banjou fainted. We used the correct word XD
Alessar
Salami Commander

Post by Alessar »

I thought he just threw a weak punch at that guy and stopped, expecting the new gadget to blast away. It didn't, and then he got knocked on his butt. He was told the weapon didn't work because he [feinted]. It's not like he suddenly passed out mid swing. Fainted makes no sense to me in that context.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

No, Sento was talking about Banjo fainted in the explosion when the knuckle was created, which is why Banjo didn't try and learn how to use the weapon before going into actual battles.
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It was more that they didn't test the bottle that came out of the remains of the Dragon Jelly in the Knuckle because he fainted/passed out in the explosion. It works later on when he uses the Hawk bottle in it to uppercut one of the Hell Bros.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Alessar wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:38 pm That rock that his new bottle came out of is actually his old driver. When he got hit by a blast protecting Misora, his transformation was canceled and you can see that his belt is burned to a ball of slag. That's the rock.
Ahh, good observation. I thought it was a rock being thrown, but in reality it's the Dragon Jelly bottle. So technically the driver is fine, but eh, close enough.

And this means we don't have to put up with the ugly Cross-Z Charge anymore.:D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh, that explains why he went back to his base form. God, that's not the sort of thing that should be visually subtle.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

What the heck did I just watch? Some Blu-ray extra? Why are characters playing around with toys to tell each other what they already know? The scene could have been saved if they showed that they were doing the doll play for the benefit of someone who was out of the loop (and then have the person smack them and call them baka) but as it is it came off as completely out of character.

I didn't like the episode that much. To me it was a "ramp, shark, ... BEST MATCH" moment.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 am Oh, that explains why he went back to his base form. God, that's not the sort of thing that should be visually subtle.
That's sort of the entire legacy of this series, isn't it? It's never done a good job with subtlety.:o
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I think they were pretty clear about it. That's why Sento makes a point to design an upgrade for Banjou because he can't transform using the Sclash Driver any more.

Although, I assume he could've just as easily made another Dragon Sclash Jelly.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:47 am Semi-related thought: just what is 1 Dolk worth, anyhow?

The flip side to that however is that when Misora falls on Otoya's lap and he immediately begins trying to figure out what he should pay for the, er, privilege, Sawa tries to charge him 200,000 Dolk, a figure he questions but doesn't outright dismiss as unreasonable. Suffice it to say, if the Dolk is as valuable as we calculate above, then 200K Dolk is a massive sum, equivalent to a small house or apartment. Not only would Otoya not be carrying around that much currency in his wallet, but as he was previously a farmer he likely wouldn't have that kind of money to begin with.
Being an idol fan is expensive! For contrast, Inaba Manaka (who had to graduate from Country Girls because of asthma and is sort of active as a soloist) is doing a fanclub bus tour. The prices for each day is around 125,000 yen. So, it would seem that a Dolk is 1 yen and the government is kind of dumb to print notes that low.
Alessar
Salami Commander

Post by Alessar »

Yeah I didn't think it was subtle either. It's at 1:35 to 1:46. The rock is noticeable, and it gets teleported with them.

But what I find most interesting is that Stark's energy blast went into making it. Not one of the powers he normally uses but the fiery blast the real entity within the human body projected.

Anyway I'm glad I was able to explain something that was confusing people.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”