KR Build 31 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:33 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆☆
69%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 31 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Enter Banjou the true Hero

Last week's results: 4.09 / 5 (11 votes)

At least until his power-up gets obsoleted in the next episode.

I liked this one. Nothing was spectacular, but everything was solid. We're getting some plot stuff, mysterious snake's intentions are sort of taking shape, Banjou is getting some backstory and a power-up, the girls got to be on screen (albeit in an exposition position). Solid 4/5

One little bit that I do like is the characterization that they give Rogue. So he's not just a mindless lackey, but he's got restraints on what he can freely do. It's a little late, but it's good to see that Rogue has some nuance.

I just have nitpicks that slightly take away from the episode
-I'm glad they hadn't forgotten about Kasumi, but I feel like they could have sprinkled her in throughout the series so that it coming up here would be more natural.
-Feel like they overexplain Banjou having alien DNA. You started the episode by saying he's not human, you don't need to give us a biology lesson to go with it.
-Poor Kazumin and the cog Riders are pretty much superfluous when it comes to battles. They're basically just there to be in the background while Sento or Banjou do the important thing in the foreground. The showrunners really shot themselves in the foot by giving up a monster of the week formula, since we already know that any cog brother or robot or generic Smash is no threat to the Riders. It takes the excitement out of the battle.

Between the humor of the last one and this episode, I'm feeling better about Build as a series as a whole. It's a bit frustrating, because the series could be just solidly good if some of the rougher patches were polished out.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 31 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

So, Rogue... After your kind and generous act of letting your former colleague who's under Mido's mask, how'll you escape your Deadman sitrep?? Who's in control of the switch?? Will you still be able to pursue the Nobunaga route??

I'm saddened with Soichi's current sitrep. Soo predictable of what his Jekyll's doing. Solve this puzzle before it hurts me, Sento!!

I'm afraid of what may happen if I were to play Slim Whitman's Indian Love Call near Ryuuga after all this. Seriously, Akaso's great in this one.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Magma Cross-Z is powered by dragons, magma and the screams of Norio Wakamoto. I love it. It keeps the base Cross-Z aesthetic and turns it up to 11.

One thing I don't think Build gets enough credit for is the framing for some of the shots. The picture frames on the beach with Rogues transformation and Sawa and Misora being present in the flashback while Sawa explains definitely give the scene some more oomph. There have been instances of it previously but this episode it really stood out to me. Director must have done a bunch of dramas before or something.

Also, JobBrothers are shit now. Why would he rush Sento when Sento has a big gun? And he himself has a gun?
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Ryuga is an alien. Ok then I like it and that Cross-Z Magma suit is lit
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Also, I wonder how they are going to make it so Sento ends up building Starks driver for him?
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Well I think they did need to explain the biology of it to clarify that he was fused with alien DNA in the womb and it's not like he's actually 100% alien baby as far as the ladies think. With only one month of developments honestly he's probably 95% Martian but it's good to know that he really did have some human DNA at the bottom of things. It does seem very likely that he's supposed to be the host for the big evil and probably the entity that's inside of coffee man will want to jump bodies later on. Well hopefully they come up with something better than that but that's my hot take on it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

It's possible that Banjou does get body jacked for a little bit and Sento fixes it.

I wonder now if Evolt is trying to force Banjous growth to become his host, while Soichi is forcing Sentos growth to counteract Evolt, while masking it as helping Banjous growth.
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:27 pm It's possible that Banjou does get body jacked for a little bit and Sento fixes it.

I wonder now if Evolt is trying to force Banjous growth to become his host, while Soichi is forcing Sentos growth to counteract Evolt, while masking it as helping Banjous growth.
a friend of mine on another site said he suspected for a while that Soichi was being possessed. with him talking to himself and Bernage mentioning Evolt, maybe Evolt is the real Blood Stalk and Soichi is just a vessal. still surprising Ryuga's an alien. but it certainly explains why they went through the trouble of framing and capturing him, and why his Hazard Level shoots up so fast.
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Re: Lupin Vs Pat Timing Error

Post by hamn8rjr »

every time Misora asked Sawa how she got data, she said "I think... it's best for you not to know". I think it's a fellow Namba child who was shown kindness
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Eh, that was an okay episode. The pacing was a mess and I really shouldn't be giving it a 4, but it moved the main plot forward in a very important way, which is something we've been waiting impatiently on.

The fact that the girls were left behind to exposit isn't really great, but I do like how they worked them into the flashbacks. So it wasn't just a voice over the screen. I still don't believe the development of Ryuuga's alien origins was adequately foreshadowed though...

As for Cross-Z Magma, I like it. It's still not as good looking as the base Cross-Z form - it's perhaps a little too orange - but it's greatly improved over Cross-Z Charge in practically every way. Tough the actual henshin sequence is so-so; there's some bad CGI mixed in with some really good fluid simulations and an equally good rock texture for the dragons.

I wonder who or what is inhabiting Ryuuga though? Evolt would seem to be Stark, so Ryuuga is something else entirely.

Finally, could the protagonists please get smarter? Ryuuga and Sento find out that Stark has been manipulating them from the start, and what do they do? They go along with Stark's plan anyhow. :roll:
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

hey, Takumi said that the Blood Stalk system can disguise the user's voice, but since we've confirmed the other voice belongs to another being inside of Soichi, can it really disguise his voice, or was that a cover?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

It's possible its a retcon, but at the same time I imagine that Evolt is using his normal voice and pretending it was the voice changer.
TaelonZ
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by TaelonZ »

hamn8rjr wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:55 am hey, Takumi said that the Blood Stalk system can disguise the user's voice, but since we've confirmed the other voice belongs to another being inside of Soichi, can it really disguise his voice, or was that a cover?
We know the Transteam System can mask your voice as it masked Rouge's until his reveal.
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

TaelonZ wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:31 am
hamn8rjr wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:55 am hey, Takumi said that the Blood Stalk system can disguise the user's voice, but since we've confirmed the other voice belongs to another being inside of Soichi, can it really disguise his voice, or was that a cover?
We know the Transteam System can mask your voice as it masked Rouge's until his reveal.
fair enough.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Lupin Vs Pat Timing Error

Post by Alessar »

hamn8rjr wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:42 pm every time Misora asked Sawa how she got data, she said "I think... it's best for you not to know". I think it's a fellow Namba child who was shown kindness
Meanwhile, in my brain it was cutting to scenes of Slayers and Xellos going "Himitsu.... desu *wink*"

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”