KR Build 33 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon May 14, 2018 12:02 am

☆☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
17%
☆☆
11%
No votes

Total votes: 18
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Build 33 released

Post by Lunagel »

Just your imagination. Heisei Generations Pacman was Dec 10, 2016, Heisei Generations Final was Dec 9, 2017 in theaters.
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

Lunagel wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:27 pm Just your imagination. Heisei Generations Pacman was Dec 10, 2016, Heisei Generations Final was Dec 9, 2017 in theaters.
I guess DVDs take five months in Japan then. because in America they don't take that long to go from the big screen to the home screen
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

hamn8rjr wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:40 pm
Lunagel wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:27 pm Just your imagination. Heisei Generations Pacman was Dec 10, 2016, Heisei Generations Final was Dec 9, 2017 in theaters.
I guess DVDs take five months in Japan then. because in America they don't take that long to go from the big screen to the home screen
Yep. And that's because Toei sucks. :(
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

I really aplaud this series for trying to be somewhat different from previous entries in terms of plot direction and its characters. Specifically Banjou, he's well integrated into the main plot and given quite a power up on par with main Rider for now, if not stronger. Which is why this episode presents a few problems with me. Banjou got swept aside like his revelation in previous episode didn't matter, and how despite various character growth moments he still goes back and forth between being a dumb musclehead and a sensible justice fighter. There doesn't seem to be a linear direction that they're taking Banjou's character in, and I honestly get really annoyed. That to me, is just sloppy writing.

And as Takenoko points out, the deaths in this series as a whole just feels really cheap. While Ex-Aid have many flaws, but at least the deaths in it carry some weight. We really got to know the characters before they die off, and then we get few episodes dealing with the grieve of losing them. In Build, deaths happen and passby so quickly like does it really matter? I know killing the PM is supposed to be a big moment for Gentoku, but we just dont know him enough to really feel for him.

If for example, they kill off Kazumin now then yes, I will feel something. I hope they will invest more in developing Gentoku and I'm quite sure he will somehow have an Alan's ending from Ghost. I just hope we know him enough by then to be happy for him if he does.

What I do like tho is the introduction of Evol. I like his suit and how overpowering he is. My only gripe is how similar his "place"in the story is to Chronos from Ex-Aid - OP af when first introduced, spent episodes trying to beat him then main Rider becomes godlike and wipes the floor with him. I know it's a common KR trope, but I just wish they can do more with Evol than just something to push Sento into his final form.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

hamn8rjr wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:40 pm
That's really not that long a time to go from cinemas to DVD.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Feel like 6 months is pretty standard for anything that's not a A-list blockbuster.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Seriously?, the plan failed all because of a weasel hiding behind a box or whatever that is, so stealth beats power in this day i guess lol!, that's so cheap, what's worse is someone got killed because of it, and why the hell did Misora not think about handing the Evol Driver to Sawa who was just right there before going emotional over his dad, c'mon, you have the strongest driver in your hands and your going back?, why?, i was like, oh shit she's going back, this is going to end so bad, and it did
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I wonder why Sento didn't build a chip into evolt so that when Barista Snake starts laughing in front of him and acting high and mighty Sento pulls out his own shocker and beats him down with it?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”