KR Build 37 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:02 am

☆☆☆☆☆
64%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 37 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - More episodes with trio rider focus please

Last week's results: 4.3 / 5 (10 votes)

That was really fun. More of that please.

The only thing that bothered me was Rogue's hesitation. It felt a little played up for the drama, but whatever, at least they're all fighting together now.

I'm not sure how genes work, but Evolt sucking the genes out of Banjou sounds unscientific. And Banjou making new ones on the fly too, but hey, it was an awesome scene and it was nice, even if I am a bit tired of the red, blue, yellow color scheme that's haunting this series.

The only downside is that Grease and Rogue kind of step to the side to let Banjou have his moment. Why doesn't anyone ever work in a team anymore?

I like how Bernage moves Cafe Nascita, but kept the signage on their new base.

And yeah, snake man wins again, but at least we have a new story bit with Sento's old personality returning to the surface. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about that since Sento secretly being Katsuragi felt more plot convenient than character driven. Like in a better drama, you'd have Sento like doing some habit that Katsuragi used to do, then catching himself and having a character dilemma "Am I him or is he me?" But the dual personality thing is so periphery that it never feels natural that these two totally separate characters are the same guy. Frankly, I halfway expected Sento to not actually be Katsuragi, since it never felt believable to me.

Edit: Oh yeah, why's Sento's hair black again? So inconsistent, lol.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 37 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

You have one shot at this, Nagase-kun. Sure, you got back your powers but you're dealing with the man who wanted you and Evolt dead for being evil aliens. Give him a Speech 100 statement that you're worlds different from Evolt despite borrowing a piece of his powers. Show me the compassion you've learned from Amazons!!
Spoiler
If Ryuuga can retrieve his powers with the Dragon Evol Bottle, high chance, Takumi could make an attempt to regain the powers of his Project alongside the "other" identity by jacking the Rabbit Evol Bottle.
Really good that Gentoku's now fighting for his country.

Yes, Nanba, keep trusting Barista Snake. Yes, get a bite out of that apple promised by the Box.

I wanna see how Ryuuga deals with... Him.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

While I'm liking this Evol arc, I do feel it's a little rushed. I wouldn't have hurt to have cut down the war arcs and start it a bit earlier. I like the implication of Katsuragi 'returning' but I get the feeling it'll be resolved quickly while having him around for a few episodes would be cool.

Evols new form was looking cool until you realise it has the same undersuit colour as his Cobra form and it clashes. Not a huge fan of the coattails on the design as well.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

I don't get why he's going after the box again. From what I can see it's just six panels now, and the actual box became the redesigned Hazard Trigger.

Anyway, this is episode 37 and still nothing on Build's final form. It usually shows up by now.

Though with what happened, it kind of makes sense that Sento didn't respond to Evolt when he boasted about murdering his friends.

I'm kind of annoyed with the rushing too Cat.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm all for a later final form to be honest. If Evolt is going to be the only antagonist for the remainder of the series, then I don't want a repeat of Muteki and Cronut.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Maybe I just have a soft spot for Build tonight, but that was the first honest to goodness 5/5 episode in a long time. Even though stupid Barista Snake won again, for the first time in many episodes it felt like he earned it. He didn't win by pulling puppet strings and creating a pre-determined outcome, but rather he was thrown a proper curveball and figured out how to deal with it. Of course, capturing the energy of 3 Rider Kicks in order to unlock his Hazard Trigger is still handwavey in its own way, but at this point we're down to baseline levels for Toku.

And while I have nothing against Sento, it's refreshing to see Ryuuga get the spotlight. The meathead is a bit one-dimensional at times, but he has the passion that Sento's character lacks. So it's genuinely interesting to see how he processes the current situation and then figures out how to turn the tables in his own meatheaded way.

Heck, even Gentoku was reasonably pleasant for once, the insufferable bastard...

Though Ryuuga gets another form already?! We just got Magma! At least it looks very much like his base form, which I still think is the best looking rider out of this entire show. And this is the 4th damn form for Evolt in what, 5 episodes? He's burning through forms like they're going out of style.
takenoko wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:02 am That was really fun. More of that please.
Seconded. If the rest of the series can move like this, then at least Build will go out on a high note.
I like how Bernage moves Cafe Nascita, but kept the signage on their new base.
I got a real good laugh out of that. It solves one of the dumber aspects of the series, which is that everyone knows where the heroes' base is and can easily get to it.
Edit: Oh yeah, why's Sento's hair black again? So inconsistent, lol.
Don't play dumb. You know why. :P
Catastrophe wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:26 pmEvols new form was looking cool until you realise it has the same undersuit colour as his Cobra form and it clashes. Not a huge fan of the coattails on the design as well.
Looking at it again (since we don't get to see much of it), I have to agree. It really needed to be its own suit, as unlike the Rabbit/Dragon/Cobra forms, it doesn't work with the retained elements of the Cobra suit. Also, it doesn't look very Rider-y, though I suppose that's intentional.
Catastrophe wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:09 pm I'm all for a later final form to be honest. If Evolt is going to be the only antagonist for the remainder of the series, then I don't want a repeat of Muteki and Cronut.
I can certainly appreciate them looking to avoid last year's problems with Cronut, as that was one of the few things to drag down what had been such an awesome series until near the end. Plus we got Rabbit Rabbit/Tank Tank so late that it hasn't yet worn out its welcome. But I'm surprised that Toei can afford to wait this long to introduce what's essentially the ultimate toy in their lineup. Normally they'd need to get this out there in order to sell it before clearing the shelves for the next series. Or is Build going to have a longer run than Ex-Aid?

PS Takenoko, your wiki link goes to Episode 36 rather than 37
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So, Sento lost a loser leaves town for thirty days match to the dominate heel Barista Snake (who happens to be the son of the promoter so he always gets booked to win and no one can get heat on him). Now a new masked wrestler appears named Katsuragi who has the same build and moveset as Sento but claims not to be Sento. Are we building to a mask vs Pandora's Box challenge match?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Fixed the wiki link, thanks!

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”