KR Build 39 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:00 am

☆☆☆☆☆
27%
☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆
53%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 39 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Rainbow Bottle Man is here

Last week's results: 4.7 / 5 (10 votes)

It's hard to get excited when the writing's not there. Utsumi is just a generic bad guy now. The Sento/Takumi thing would have been interesting if they had spent more time distinguishing between the two, but as it is, it really doesn't feel that different to have either of them.

The scene where Sento gets his memory back is pretty good though.

Also, the episode gives you a big, fat middle finger if you asked where the second Evolt driver came from in the last episode. Maybe they'll explain it later, but still, seems sorta lame. It's like they went "Oh no, we can't have Evolt defeated, it's only episode 39. Let's pad it out by turning Utsumi into a villain."

Best face in the episode:

I'm going to use this for everything!
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: KR Build 39 released

Post by Arigomi »

It was disappointing to see a retread of several topics that were covered in previous story arcs.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

About time Katsuragi stopped being full atoner.

Seems karma has hurt Gentoku. Dang man, get it together!

OK episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Genius looks pretty cool. I like how the sound for the bottle has both Wakamoto and whoever does the Build Driver together.

Other than that, I wasn't really feeling it. I don't buy Mad Utsumi as a character and kind of wish we got more Takumi time.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

It's probably due to the writing like others have said, but even though the episode ran for the same length of time as normal, this one felt way way too short. I'm going to stick to my theory about the 2nd evol driver being a fragment of Evol proper, but something did hit me while watching this episode, what if the 2nd driver came from Banjou while he was possessed by Evol? far fetched maybe but atleast it's something
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Yay!!! Sento is back!
I felt the whole "Sento being Katsuragi" thing was fairly unnencesary, especially for how short it was, and I'd rather have Sento as he's the one we had since the beginning.

When was the last time Kazumi (or any of them for that matter) didn't have his butt kicked?

Genius' design: I like it 9.9/10
Spoiler
Are they turning Kazumi into a Smash?
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Eternal_Winterbane wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:13 pm It's probably due to the writing like others have said, but even though the episode ran for the same length of time as normal, this one felt way way too short. I'm going to stick to my theory about the 2nd evol driver being a fragment of Evol proper, but something did hit me while watching this episode, what if the 2nd driver came from Banjou while he was possessed by Evol? far fetched maybe but atleast it's something
That's the best guess I came up with to, but then again the Series is a bit wonky on explanations as of late anyways...
Like when Stark said he need Hazard 6.0 to Unlock WhiteEvolt, yet he only absorbed a Finisher attack of a Hazard 5.0 User and not sure what Gentoku and Grease have maybe 3~4 each and it unlocked =V
Still hope we get a decent explanation for the second Evolt Driver thou... kinda hope it's not just like because Evolt was split in two, I mean what would hinder him to split eternaly and create endless Evolt drivers then?

Anyhow, yet another Piece that someone working on the Show is a huge W Fan, Genius certainly is Eternal 2.0 :lol:
And Genius looks pretty good too, for an Ultimate Form.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm glad someone in this series is finally smiling! :P

Overall this was an okay episode, but not great. And it should be obvious why: Utsumi. He hasn't been developed/important enough to make his face heel turn all that interesting. He's always been an antagonist. And now he's just a surprise mini-boss to allow the series to bide its time until it gets to the real final act.

Otherwise this was kind of a slow episode, which after last week's splat-fest makes some sense. Though despite having more time for drama, I don't feel like the dramatic arcs were really pushed forward? Besides Sento getting his memory back of course. In particular I want to see where we're going with Banjou's flashbacks.

And I can't really say I'm a fan of the new Build form. It's just so damn busy with different colors and bottles all over the place. But maybe it will look better in action?
takenoko wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:00 amThe Sento/Takumi thing would have been interesting if they had spent more time distinguishing between the two, but as it is, it really doesn't feel that different to have either of them.
I have to disagree with you there. Granted most everything comparing & contrasting them happened inside of two episodes, but while quick, it was dense and I do think they did a good enough job there. Takumi was not the villain we first thought he was - and in fact he was trying to do good the whole time. But he's short-sighted and perhaps a bit selfish due to his singular goal to defeat Evolt. As the episode so neatly puts a bow on it, Takumi is not a hero. Sento on the other hand, despite his own failures (see; every Evolt trap ever), cares about more than just defeating Evolt. If nothing else he actually tries to get along with people, whereas Takumi was a definite loner.

Also, I liked the little touch with Takumi not jumping into the Rabbit Rabbit suit pieces; instead they came to him.
The scene where Sento gets his memory back is pretty good though.
Agreed. And it's sad in a way. Takumi essentially surrenders his own consciousness - and in the process his body - so that Sento can exist. Self-sacrifice is not an action taken lightly.
Also, the episode gives you a big, fat middle finger if you asked where the second Evolt driver came from in the last episode. Maybe they'll explain it later, but still, seems sorta lame.
The way that scene went they all but promised that they will address it. And I'm sure it'll be a shocker. But I agree it's annoying that we're essentially being told we have to wait for the answer. It's really kind of an important detail.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

I'm on the fence for the genius look. the whole rainbow/metal look was ok in ghost, it seemed like a natural evolution of the suit (yeah, I know)

here, it just looks like they said "make it have all the colors!"

meh.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

My god is Genius ugly, the rainbow look being plastered almost everywhere and the bottles that are on it just doesn't work.

This episode feels flat. Utsumi's faceheel has no effect considering he's just not given much development. So this explains the I'm a genius part in Sento, now I want to punch in the face twice when he does it. Speaking of which yay Sento and Takumi have become one. I like the scene when Takumi and Sento meet face to face though. And you're not gonna explain where that other evol driver came from Evolt? Come on, that was a slap in the face
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

It's June. Let's make Kamen Rider Pride! Er, Genius!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>If nothing else he actually tries to get along with people, whereas Takumi was a definite loner.

Eh, the differences are there but they've never felt significance in light of Takumi being underdeveloped and Sento not being very likable himself (at least to me). All this memory thing really shows is that maybe Takumi isn't the devil that he was portrayed to be and maybe this is how Sento would be when he first met his friends rather than some other obvious personality.

>Takumi essentially surrenders his own consciousness - and in the process his body - so that Sento can exist. Self-sacrifice is not an action taken lightly.

I dunno, I still feel like Takumi is basically just a previous version of Sento. If the entire arc had been an amnesia episode rather than "another personality" it probably would have played out exactly the same way.

>The way that scene went they all but promised that they will address it. And I'm sure it'll be a shocker. But I agree it's annoying that we're essentially being told we have to wait for the answer. It's really kind of an important detail.

Yeah, I think you're right, but it's hard to think of what that twist is that's worth keeping is secret.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Not explaining where the second evol driver is going to be a movie thing probably. Like how in Ex-Aid they had that little bit devoted to that Johnny Maxima guy.

Otherwise, it seems stupid that Evolt can either make another one or has a scientist that can make them when that was why he needed Sento around for.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

If it wasn't Shonen then Sento wouldn't have been able to just activate Genius when you couldn't. Double's manga continuation is in a way Shonen. Hell, even Garo can be looked at as borderline Shonen.

About time that scene in the intro held relevance. Goodbye Takumi. You lasted two episodes and couldn't even call your mom.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Is the guy with the hat in the front page picture the director?

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”