KR Heisei Generations Final: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Riders released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Heisei Generations Final: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Riders released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... end_Riders

I thought it was pretty damn good. A lot of the times, you can tell they brought on a cameo just for a second and then they do one thing and go away. This time, it felt like a conscious effort was made to give all the guests a part to play. It's also a epilogue to OOO weirdly enough? It seems like every few years we've got to revisit a dangling Rider thread from a past series? Which is pretty good, I like that so please keep doing that.

The only thing that didn't work for me is Banjou's weird and sudden crisis of faith. That didn't feel well set up, so him standing around gawking and questioning why he fight didn't strike me as very genuine. It's Banjou, he doesn't think, he just fights.

The movie is pretty long, but I'd argue that it works in its favor. I hate how rushed other movies of this type feel. They take the time to do it right, and it shows.

The bike scene is pretty great.

Just let Eiji resurrect Ankh already. I don't know why you keep killing him off again.

Bikaiser is pretty good. Too bad the main series kind of craps all over him.

JK felt kind of tacked on. Like why's he being a weird cameraman hanging around his old high school?

Also the Enigma design is cool. Apparently it's based off of Gabrin from Kyoudain:
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Heisei Generations Final: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Riders released

Post by Catastrophe »

If you watch closely in the credit sequence on the Fourze part, they've photoshopped out Yuki form the shot of the KRC.

Happy Science!
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Thanks for the release, although I thought we would get the release of the full music video version of "Be The One" along side of it by now.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

That part in 1:05.42 with all the catchphrases is intentionally encoded like that?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Evangeline
Adventure
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Dreamy: Shijima Go
Favorite Actor?: Rika Adachi
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Figure Collection
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Evangeline »

Jeezus, this movie is full of cringe
is this kamen rider movie or kamen rider bike/motorcycle show?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

njb wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:17 amThat part in 1:05.42 with all the catchphrases is intentionally encoded like that?
I guess so. It's what xiiliea does that. (But I'm still against it in my opinion.)

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

njb wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:17 am That part in 1:05.42 with all the catchphrases is intentionally encoded like that?
Yes, cause they're all talking over each other.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

njb wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:17 am That part in 1:05.42 with all the catchphrases is intentionally encoded like that?
There were no captions for that part anyway, so you aren't missing anything because it's meant to be a mess even in Japanese. We did some research and inference that their lines were related to all their catchphrases and tried to make it messy like how it's heard.
DaVinci030 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:55 am I guess so. It's what xiiliea does that. (But I'm still against it in my opinion.)
That was Luna's idea!

And if you're curious, this is what I put for each line:
"The fate of our worlds..."

OOO: I'll reach out to it with my hand!
Fourze: Let's do this man-to-man!{タイマン張らせてもらうぜ!}
Ghost: My life is burning bright!{命、燃やすぜ!}
Gaim: This is our stage now!{俺たちのステージだ!}
Ex-Aid: We will change it!{俺たちが変える!}
Build: ...is set!{決まった!}

Honestly the lines other than Ex-Aid and Build were mostly a guesslation, so by doing it this way, I could hide the guesslations behind.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I think my suggestion was to just cram it all on the bottom or typeset it under each rider. But yeah, that line is supposed to be unintelligible.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It was pretty funny.

I'm still pretty sure they are going to have another movie considering the next series is still going to be Heisei.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

I liked how you guys did the one line, you got the context across right.

typical crossover movie. To my demerit, I haven't seen Fourze or OOO. but I got the gist of it.

was kinda surprised Drive wasn't involved, but considering, from what I remember about a crossover he did with Ghost, that he got married, his story's kinda locked down... no need to bring that actor outta retirement.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>I liked how you guys did the one line, you got the context across right.

Oh, which one?

>was kinda surprised Drive wasn't involved, but considering, from what I remember about a crossover he did with Ghost, that he got married, his story's kinda locked down... no need to bring that actor outta retirement.

Seen some pics of the actor lately where he looks buff now.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

takenoko wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:09 pm >I liked how you guys did the one line, you got the context across right.

Oh, which one?
the line with everyone talking at the same time. I think posting all the lines on top of each other was a great way to convey the context in which it was said.
TaelonZ
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by TaelonZ »

Catastrophe wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:07 pm If you watch closely in the credit sequence on the Fourze part, they've photoshopped out Yuki form the shot of the KRC.

Happy Science!
Why would they do that? Is she a taboo name in the industry or something?

Anyhow, I liked the movie but have a few things to say about it.

I still want to see an OOO ten year special where Eiji finally revives Ankh and creates the super medals so we can complete the time loop.

I almost questioned where Fourze got his driver from since he should be molten slag but I realized this may take place shortly before the events of that movie. Also, isn't Ohsugi the dean of the school now? Why is he worried that people are going to like Kisaragi more as a teacher?

I understand Grease's appearance is due to summer movie syndrome but I don't think Sento has created the Sclash drives yet based on when this was. I'm gonna chalk it up to the weird time displacement we see in this.

Love how, once again, Gaim is a literal Deus ex Kamen Rider. Of all of the stories in this movie of the old riders I think his is once again the only one that really lacked substance other than "I'm always watching." The perv. :P

Other than that I just wished that they had more of the old riders. I know Drive's story is the one most complete but we lacked Wizard and more importantly to me W. I want to see W make a comeback with the bros for more than a suit cameo.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

TaelonZ wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:16 pm
Catastrophe wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:07 pm If you watch closely in the credit sequence on the Fourze part, they've photoshopped out Yuki form the shot of the KRC.

Happy Science!
Why would they do that? Is she a taboo name in the industry or something?
In a sense, yes. She was brought up in the Happy Science cult (your standard founder is Jesus/Buddah type thing) and last year in March she broke contract with her talent agency to immediately join the cult's talent agency. Basically career suicide as every gig she's had afterwards are all independently produced by the cult with exception of one appearance on a late night cable show.

Just to give you an idea of how skeevy the cult is, the only other big name her agency has (again, famous before switching, hasn't had hardly any roles since) is the actress for Ultraman Ginga's Chigusa and she has since married the founder's third son.

I'd imagine that since she switched agencies was more trouble than it's worth to get permission to use her image, hence the photoshopping out.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”