KR Build 41 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:10 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆
36%
☆☆
36%
No votes

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 41 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Mess recap episode

Last week's results: 3.54 / 5 (12 votes)

Beating the bad guy before he can power up? Isn't that breaking some sort of rule?

Sento, why are you letting him walk away? Aren't you supposed to stop him from destroying the world? Oh he's gone. Also, what does eliminating the Nebula Gas in Evolt even do?

Having the Best Matches be related to Misora is kind of a nice touch. Also, making all the Smashes related is also cool.

Did anyone else thing Isurugi was flatlining? I swear, the visuals guy in Build is trying to fuck things up on purpose. Misora's actress shows her acting chops again.

Is that the fucking Mirror World sound effect they're ripping off when Takumi appears on screen?

They brought back episode one's guest just to kill him off again? That sucks. Sento, that's all on you for letting Evolt walk away at the beginning.

Also, what's this nonsense about Evolt not having emotion before? Could have fooled me? Bad writing bullshit.

There's good stuff (Misora's acting) and bad stuff (Evolt and Takumi's dad's characterization as well as Gentoku antics). But even if the recap was funny, it still comes off as stalling for time while you try to secretly straighten your bullshit behind the scenes. Like we get cool things like all the Smash being related, but then there's no payoff to it.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 41 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Evol being spared from the beatdown of a century is highly illogical, Sento! You've given the alien a chance to learn how humans work and that'll make things worse.

Good thing this clip show is short and sweet. Intriguing thought process on how the 60 Full Bottles of planet earth were created. Misora being with her comatose dad was heartwarming at the least.

I wanna see how much of a bastard Mr. Katsuragi is, compared to Banno and Masamune.

OK episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Wasn't feeling this episode.

It was obvious that Takumis father was evil and working with Evolt despite Sento thinking he'd be good.

What is it with Build and not knowing what to do with the extra characters. We've always had some variation of Cross-Z/Grease/Rogue is going to miss this fight for some reason. This episode they didn't do anything aside from the scene in the basement that was mostly comic relief. And what the fuck are they doing with Gentokus character? Where the hell is Utsumi in all this? What is this with Evolt gaining emotion? Oh he was faking it before despite the fact it was never implied?

I'm the biggest Build apologist that there is, but I can't deal with what is going in the last two episodes. It's like the writer stopped giving a shit or is on bath salts.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

That whole secret base sequence with the recap and Gentoku's hat was very ridiculous... I loved it.
Personally, even for how out of place it may be, I find Gentoku's new quirkiness very entertaining.
Preview
I have no idea what's going to happen. This show has been so all over the place that it's making it difficult for me to come up with predictions. Is that a good thing? Maybe I'm just not very imaginative.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

A few episodes back it looked like this series may have finally found its place, and that while it would spent most of its life struggling it would at least go out on a bang. But now, after these last two episodes, it's clear that shining moment was a fluke. The show is back to having no idea where it's trying to go.

And a clip show? Really? I actually feel like the show has become too convoluted and could use a recap, because hell if I can keep up with all the seemingly random stuff that's going on. But that's the kind of thing you save for a YouTube video. As an actual episode of the show it really does feel like they had to stall for time. Perhaps in order to have the cast available to shoot the movie?

Though I suppose I will give the writers some credit here. If all you saw was the recap, then you'd think this was a decent series. So I get the impression that this looked good on paper for the series bible, and that it only went to hell when they needed to expand those ideas to full episodes.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:10 pmBeating the bad guy before he can power up? Isn't that breaking some sort of rule?
Yes. But if it makes the pain stop sooner, then I'm all for it.
Sento, why are you letting him walk away? Aren't you supposed to stop him from destroying the world? Oh he's gone.
That was right out of Drive or Ghost. That was really, really bad. :x
Having the Best Matches be related to Misora is kind of a nice touch. Also, making all the Smashes related is also cool.
Agreed. The writing has been pretty bad, but that's another moment where it came together in an interesting/meaningful way.
Did anyone else thing Isurugi was flatlining? I swear, the visuals guy in Build is trying to fuck things up on purpose.
Okay so it wasn't just me! Yeah, the way that was staged I thought he was about to drop dead or wake up, or something.
Also, what's this nonsense about Evolt not having emotion before? Could have fooled me? Bad writing bullshit.
I had to pause in bewilderment at that revelation. It's not like Evolt has been a robotic character up until now, so it really doesn't many any damned sense.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This is like the 3rd time I think they've had a clip show sequence this series. Rider doesn't usually have them so it's kind of odd.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:33 am This is like the 3rd time I think they've had a clip show sequence this series.
Is it? I try to put it out of my memory ASAP, to be honest. They've used clips now and then, but I don't recall any episode devoting 4 minutes of its runtime to clips like this.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Sento knocking Evolt out before he can power up is actually a logical thing to do. Why do Riders just stand around watching their enemy power up is beyond me. Oh wait. Sento just stand by and watch Evolt walk away. Nevermind.

I like the bit where Best Matches are related to Misora. She's been a central character to the whole plot but I feel like the writers didn't really know how to progress with her. What a shame.

What. The. Fuck. Is. Up. With. Gentoku. (I did see him returning to a normal outfit for next week's episode preview, so here's to hoping this is the end of his antics). I just... cannot.

Kazumin. Last week you went rogue because Evolt took the 3 Lost Bottles. This week it seems you couldn't give a damn. Okay.

Is Sento's dad evil? Or is he just playing along with Evolt. He have no reason to send Sento that pendrive should he really be evil.

I like how the Smash's all related to one another, but a rehash of the Fool Trio's forms are just lazy and cost-cutting. Again, what a shame.

Evolt's been amused at humans and the way they react to certain situations, but all those time he didn't have emotions? I can't brain this.

Eh where's Utsumi?

These last two episodes have been painfully bad and goes nowhere.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Even in Sailor Moon the second level bad guys don't walk away with their backs turned when the MOTW is beaten, they teleport. Since Barista Snake can teleport, that would have been a heck of a time to do it. "I will take your power later, I will remember this!", waves smoke machine, vanishes, problem solved.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”