KR Build 43 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:48 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
7%
☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆
36%
☆☆
14%
7%

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 43 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - What is going on and why does anyone do anything?

Last week's results: 3.09 / 5 (11 votes)

Does Sento really always grab his hair like that? I noticed it and thought it was a bit odd, but it does sorta seem like something Sento would do.

What is that red stuff in Banjou? It looks like the same stuff as Nebula Gas in other people. I hate this. Why bother to have Evolt taking his DNA out of Banjou, then progress the story like Banjou had them still?

Did we miss the scene where Evolt calls out Misora? I mean, we can figure out what happened, but it's weird to not actually see it. I want to see Evolt's pitch that convinces her to come and become a Lost Smash. Why would she EVER believe Evolt and agree to this?

Hold on let me check the Build Bible: "There's only drama because people rush out and act on their own."

Oh right, that's how this series works.

I think the episode would have been stronger if it just focused on Sento and his relationship with his dad. Was Banjou's berserk thing such a big issue? It honestly feels a little pulled out of ass field to me to give him and Misora's Bernage stuff some kind of resolution. But it came at a cost of losing the focus on what's going on with Sento's dad. Is he really a villain or just acting the part to betray Evolt? I dunno, it all feels really muddled in a bad way.

Oh hey, looks like Grease and OG Rogue are running off on their own. Considering they have no chance against Dad Build or Evolt, this should end great for them.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 43 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Right then, Sento. Stop throwing $100 monitors to the ground. We get it, your dad's a jerk.
Why bother to have Evolt taking his DNA out of Banjou, then progress the story like Banjou had them still?
Foreshadowing for the movie... Yeah, I don't like it either.

Sento should've assumed the worst, considering what Takumi has done for Project Build.

So, when's P-Bandai gonna sell the Miitan body pillow??
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

The show looked so good at the beginning, but since we're nearing the end, the quality of the show has really gone downhill? I don't know how to explain it, but it's hard for me to finish a build episode recently, especially these past several episodes.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm higher on this episode than the last couple. Little things like Dad Builds driver not announcing the best matches because that was something Sento programmed into it. Now I get the feeling that Build really works best with just Sento and Banjou. I like Grease and Rogue as characters, but they don't really contribute much at all and the main two have had this development from the first episode that makes this work well. They literally use the 'I don't trust you to fight with you' excuse again to sideline Rogue and Grease, and Evolt and Mad Rogue just piss off for no reason to give the Build vs Dad Build conflict the spotlight.

If I have any complaints about this episode itself, it's that its almost a beat for beat retread of the Builds fight against Stark for Sparkings debut, including Banjou showing up to peptalk him and Sento being told he was set up from the get go.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

I actually rather enjoyed this one for once. I can't quite put my finger on why but it's definetly better than the last 10 or so... combined.
Why did Sento go into TankTank form instead of straight into Genius like he has done with the other Lost Smash?

Nice to see that, even with a sane outfit, Gentoku still wears those t-shirts.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

damn, we'll probably never get an explanation for Gentoku's sudden fluency in "shirtnese." Why smash the monitor Sento, god knows how much those go for.

don't get why they believe that Ryuga might still have Evolt dna yet it's probably cleansed from him or something

What's with Build's sudden drop in quality. is it a standard that's suppose to be met with Kamen Rider these days?
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Evolt's DNA was what allowed Ryuuga to transform. He lost it after Evolt left his body but get it back with the Dragon EvolBottle. I think it's a case of thinking that most viewers are genius or are remembering everything and can fill the blank themselves.
It's always pretty hard to balance saying too much vs not saying enough.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

But how did he get the Dragon EvolBottle? They just said he created new DNA and left it as that. Science???
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

He jacked it from Evolt during the fight against the Rabbit form. Evol conveniently had it on the bottle holder on the belt, despite not every using it before or after.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

My complain is still the same as last week - info dump here and there but no real plot progression. Evolt and Shinobu want the purified Lost Bottle. But by achieving Hazard Lvl 7 the bottle turns.. gold? I don't know if the Gold Bottles are plotpoint of the movie or something but it just feels so out of context in the series itself. What does the Gold Bottles do? How is it linked to Hazard Level?

Agree with Take, if only the episode focuses on the conflict between Sento and his dad it would've been better. I would like to see the revelation of evil dad really take its toll on Sento, and leave the Misora/Bernage plot in later episodes. I feel that the writers are rushing to tie everything up due to having limited episode count left, but that's the problem - too many plot points added early on with no resolution, and now that we're in the final leg of the race everything got rushed.

Another thing that sort of annoyed me is how weak Sento's resolve is. This isn't the first time he questioned why he's fighting, and it seems that despite having them answered whenever his belief got shaken again he lose his resolution all over. I like Banjou giving the pep talk first time around, but now it's just repetitive.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

As same Producer of Ex-Aid (Sasaki Motoi from TV Asahi), Build has good starting and weak at the end. The problem of recent episodes of Build is they solve many things so easy and focus too much on Evolt. Look like exactly in Ex-Aid at the end, when they focus a lot on Masamune although he is boring villain.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I don't know. I liked this episode more than the last couple. It still wasn't great, but it had some good moments. Sento being peeved about how his father has betrayed humanity - and especially that unexpected monitor thrashing - was a great scene. In fact I wish we got more of it. And then there's Misora wanting to help Sento, and Ryuuga's pep talk was great even if it was a bit of a repeat. Plus using a berserking Misora to cancel out a berserking Ryuuga was a clever enough solution.

Though the episode still had problems. Everything about Dad Build seems like it's a mini-boss stalling for time. And yes, Misora believing anything Evolt said was genuinely bone-headed stupid.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:48 pmWas Banjou's berserk thing such a big issue?
Well the guy was chucking black holes and having dreams of destroying the world... So yeah, it might have been a small issue. :P
It honestly feels a little pulled out of ass field to me to give him and Misora's Bernage stuff some kind of resolution.
If that really is the resolution to the Bernage plot, then I'm going to be peeved. It would essentially mean the Bernage stuff went nowhere.
Oh hey, looks like Grease and OG Rogue are running off on their own. Considering they have no chance against Dad Build or Evolt, this should end great for them.
Comic, Relief, Best Match! :lol:
Kurokage X wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:05 pmWhat's with Build's sudden drop in quality. is it a standard that's suppose to be met with Kamen Rider these days?
The writers are clearly struggling to turn what appear to be good ideas on paper into something that works as well on-screen in a serialized manner. :(
Last edited by ViRGE on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:10 am And yes, Misora believing anything Evolt said was genuinely bone-headed stupid.
Well, Love is known to make one crazy or stupid, especially in fiction.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Anyone else getting tired of Sento and Banjou having to pep speech eachother into action? How many times does this make it, with Banjou spurring Sento into taking action and vice-versa? Didn't that happen in the last episode with Rogue?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”