KR Build 44 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:20 am

☆☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
15%
☆☆
15%
5%

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 44 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Be the Four against one

Last week's results: 3.15 / 5 (13 votes)

Rather enjoyed this episode. A lot of silly fun bits. The explanation for Kazumi and Gentoku sneaking into the plant actually makes sense. Great music and everyone gets to help out in the fight.

Why did anyone become a Smash? All you need to do is push the door open. So easy! It's almost like Banjou's girlfriend died for nothing.

Kazumi becomes the creepiest man from Hokuto. Love the weird effect they put on his face getting smushed. The little bit where he asks for Suwa in a swimsuit in the back of the dakimakura was also pretty funny to me.

I guess he doesn't actually buy it, since the girls are sleeping with it later on.

I'm a bit confused. Sento has a realization about the shape of Evolt's thingy, but it doesn't seem to come into play in the actual battle?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 44 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

So Grease Lightning and Rogue got their deadly upgrades because they wanted to… Fine and dandy. In contrast to Tooma’s cooking this week… Pig food. Nebula Gas makes people crappy cooks.

Sento, enough. Your dad isn’t your dad anymore. He’s harmed your friends, he’s siding with the very person you want gone, he’s VERY CLOSE to achieving his associate’s agenda. STOP thinking that he’s helping you and start realizing that he’s manipulating you. LOSE HIM.

The Riders win, yet it ain’t over. Eh episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

takenoko wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:20 amI'm a bit confused. Sento has a realization about the shape of Evolt's thingy, but it doesn't seem to come into play in the actual battle?
The idea there is that when Papa Build hit Sento's Hazard Trigger it paralyzed him, so he figured that because the Evoltrigger was similar it might have the same weakness. Sure enough, at the end of the fight Banjou punches the Evoltrigger with his Blizzard Knuckle, which makes Evol freeze and revert to his base form so Sento can Rider Kick him.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm glad that Dad Build was still evil. If it was a fake out that he was stealth mentoring thing I'd have been annoyed.

It's a shame that we get Rider Chips back for an insert and it gets drowned out and used poorly. Do these recent directors not like the use of insert songs?
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

So Kazumi and Gentoku's reasons for going to Faust is a higher hazard level, I could buy that explanation. Also if the door to the smash chamber was that easy to open, people would have just gotten out and not become smash so no problem. I did enjoy the comedy this time and also Kazumi, if you wanted Sawa pics in a swimsuit for that body pillow I know a guy.

Still not a big fan of Gentoku's shirtnese but it works fine for the episode.

Sento. You done moping about dad? Yes? Good because we want to see you kick ass, while I want to see you get your ass kicked on occasions.

4/5
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Does Sento have like a wearhouse full of spare monitors? He keeps breaking them and getting them back.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That episode was almost a bit cliché in having the whole team finally come together and kick someone's ass. But I can't say I didn't enjoy it. Especially as that ass was Evolt's.

So, uh, is Evolt dead? That seems like it went too well. This whole Evolt thing has gone on for too long, but on the flip side there's absolutely no sign of him and Dad Build seems to be acting on his own.

And I have to imagine that this episode is a death flag for Gentoku and Kazumin. They're the two hostiles-turned-allies and whom have something to atone for. And now there's a convenient way to axe them off...

The humor was largely on point this episode, which also helped matters. The shirt thing is still stupid, but I have to admit I did get a good laugh out of Gentoku getting "I'm with stupid" wrong.:p
takenoko wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:20 amKazumi becomes the creepiest man from Hokuto. Love the weird effect they put on his face getting smushed. The little bit where he asks for Suwa in a swimsuit in the back of the dakimakura was also pretty funny to me.

I guess he doesn't actually buy it, since the girls are sleeping with it later on.
Kazumin finally getting whacked for his antics certainly felt right. Though now I kind of want to see what a Sawa version would look like...

And this is a strange thing to say, but that bed has gotten a surprising amount of use in this show.:o
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:15 pm I'm glad that Dad Build was still evil. If it was a fake out that he was stealth mentoring thing I'd have been annoyed.

It's a shame that we get Rider Chips back for an insert and it gets drowned out and used poorly. Do these recent directors not like the use of insert songs?
Same thoughts on both counts. I'm glad this isn't a cop-out where Dad Build was secretly helping Sento - though in a way he clearly was - and yeah, the audio mix for the fight definitely seemed a bit off.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Loved how the four riders came together and kicked AAAAASSS!!! Also LOVED that Rider Chips had a come back in this episode...for all of 10 seconds. Hopefully they'll use the song again and have it play for THE ENTIRE FAKING FIGHT x3
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

Why isn't Sawa featured more heavily.

She's actually really attractive, probably more so than Mii-tan
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I mean, she's really just a side character. And I think Miitan is a pretty good actress, so I can see why she's the main female protagonist.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Was it Gentoku that wanted the Sawa pillow? He hasn't changed from episode 1 it seems then.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:56 am Was it Gentoku that wanted the Sawa pillow? He hasn't changed from episode 1 it seems then.
I don't think so. That sounded like Kazumi. However I think that was Gentoku saying that he wanted one as well after Kazumi asked about getting Sawa on the reverse side.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”