KR Build 45 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:18 am

☆☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 45 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - The climax continues...?

Last week's results: 3.71 / 5 (17 votes)

Oh okay, so we've got another final battle with Evolt. Annoyed with a couple of the dumb tropes. Sento's mad about his dad dying but he witnesses Evolt destroy a whole planet and doesn't have any reaction? What was the point of Evolt doing that, besides the writer clumsily and blatantly raising the stakes for Earth?

I guess I also don't like that Sento couldn't use Genius form because he had given in to hate. What? That's so cliche and dumb.

The stuff that worked for me was Sento and his relationship with his Dad. Seeing Dad exit so soon made me wish we had spent more time with him in previous episodes.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 45 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

So, Mr. Shinobu was a reverse quisling all along. You will be missed...

Evolt being Evolt, with all his manipulations executed. I didn't buy into his "I won't destroy this world anymore" claim so it was easy to wait it out and find that he's still vested in destroying worlds. That said, whoever designed the final form suit... 6/10.

Of course, the official justification for the existence of the Hazard Trigger was to eventually combine it with a better device and neutralize any Bottle that went lost. Asspull. I was just as skeptical as Takumi when he questioned Sento why it exists. This asspull better make things interesting during the final episodes.

Eh episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, and the Hazard Trigger has the magical ability to purify Lost Bottles?

I guess....?!
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Why did Sento look like he had a tanned face and only his face? Is it just me? Has it always been that way?

Man, if it was difficult feeling sad when Kazumi's friends died when they were only in like 10 episodes. How am I supposed to feel sad about Sento's dad being dead after about 3 episodes? Specially when has playing the baddie for most of that time.
Preview
Looks like Kazumi will get a final form after all. Yay!!
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm getting terribly confused at how we've even ended up at this point. I get what the black panel does, but I still don't understand how we want from Pandoa's Box to Evolt figuring out he could do wormhole travel by using something that seemingly came out of nowhere. At this point I've accepted that stuff just seems to be happening with the main plot for no important reason, because I can't keep it straight.

Alas, poor Dad Build. We hardly knew ye. No, seriously, we hardly knew him. I think his death would have resonated a bit better if we found out he wasn't evil more than 10 minutes before he was offed. It seems like there was some real potential there that wasn't adequately developed.

Meanwhile Evolt is alive again. And his excuses for avoiding death are increasingly feeling like hindquarter-pulls. But last week's death was too easy, so I'm not surprised by this. It's just a shame his new form is so darned ugly; I get that it's meant to be MOTWish rather than a rider, but it's just such a busy design that it's difficult to appreciate what's going on there. He comes off more as an amorphous red blob with a snake head.

And I have no idea why the Riders were doing flying sidekicks in front of huge fireballs. But I won't lie: it looked cool.:D
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Dad Build was secretly good all along. I was originally thinking it was a bit of a copout because they made a point of saying he was closest to the box when the Skywall incident happened, but then I realised if he was gassed to use the Rider System then like Gentoku he would have turned back to normal.

If Evolt can just use his DNA fragments to possess people, why doesn't he just do it to everyone and then no one would get in his way?

Hazard Trigger thing was a bit of a copout. Like I'm glad that they call back to it and use it again but its not like there was ever anything that suggested it had any other power other than making Build stronger at the cost of going berserk.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Rosalind Franklin is spinning in her grave
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Watson and Crick were secretly Evolt the whole time.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:53 am Rosalind Franklin is spinning in her grave
Don't tell Evolt. He may try to black hole her to get more power.
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:48 amAnd I have no idea why the Riders were doing flying sidekicks in front of huge fireballs.
Because there's 4 of them. Which means they're a sentai now. And Kalish-plosions* happen all the time in modern sentai.

*That's the American term for it. I think there's a Japanese equivalent term, but I don't recall what it is.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Just wondering will the gap between episode 45 and 46 be very big, since an entire movie is made in between. I just hope nothing too big transitions over from the movie that for those who haven't seen it, will be like "ehhh?"
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I imagine they'll do it like W movie. Maybe a throwaway reference at the start of the episode but nothing plot critical.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

It's really baffling how someone that can destroy/absorb an entire planet still has difficulty in beating 4 riders, Evolt pretty much could have killed them a hundred times over yet when the riders are down he doesn't finish the job, for heavens sake, the heroes always getting a second wind cause the bad guy isn't bad enough to kill them is already laughable at this point

Also, i'm already not liking the movie, when there's crowd participation in these movies, the cringe-worthy cheese factor goes up in the red zone specially when they cheer for the hero
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Wow, it's been a while since I posted here. Not going to post an in-depth catchup when it'd be best saved for a series review, but here are some random notes from after I'd left off:
  • Sento's got to be one of the worst pacifists ever
  • Not sure comedifying Gentoku works as we've never seen that comedic element as a villain, but I liked the rest of his character's development
  • If Sento made it clear that he'd rather die than use the Hazard Trigger during the war arc, why didn't he simply not bring the trigger to fighting areas?
As for this episode, I felt it was somewhat mixed. Firstly, I think this series has a tendency to introduce characters just to fridge them; I feel like I hardly knew anything about Sento's dad before he died, and basically the same thing to a greater degree happened with Banjou's girlfriend (the three crows feel like kind of the same thing but at least they got screen time? But if not for the black whole likely being an attempt to show off Evolt's power, I'd think the show had fridged an entire planet). With that said, I liked the twist with Grease and the rather bold move to de-power a villain this late in the game instead of just continuing the power climb.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”