KR Build 46 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:56 am

☆☆☆☆☆
27%
☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Build 46 released

Post by takenoko »

A machine that understands language will be the first conscious AI.

A neural network is probably only as good as its sources and its feedback mechanism. It'd be hard to compete with Google since they just get so much usage everyday.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:55 pm
Catastrophe wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:08 pm So that's the source of all the strange romanisations?
>WOVN.io's machine translation uses neural network learning to recognize content and provide a more accurate translation.

I assume their neural network is drawing on a bunch of sources (probably not popular media) in order to provide translation, so in a business setting you'd probably see "brad" more often than "blood". There issssss an auxiliary meaning of hotobashiru which caaaaan mean fucking but it's certainly not the first one I'd hit on, particularly when used in conjunction with "magma"

This is why machine translation will never replace actual translators, they can't read context very well.
The more I read their documentation, the more I think they're just primarily relying on Google Translate, with the site owner supplying their own overrides in a library file when necessary.

The Cross-Z Magma section is word-for-word identical. And even Google confuses Blood for Brad if you alter the phrase at all.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think there is only one consistent ending for this show:

In the final episode Evolt outsmarts the riders again and is on the verge of destroying earth. Sawa suddenly shows up from out of nowhere and flicks Evolt's forehead. Evolt dies after five minutes of complaining that he can't be defeated by a mere human that way. Sento asks Sawa what she did and she quips "It's better if you don't ask.".
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

If that happens, this show will be a 5 in my books :)
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

damn, completely missed Build was skipping a week. what was the reason?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Sportsball
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Golfgom.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

My all time favorite goof up translation was for the anime Utena. Briefly when it came out the official non-Japanese title (which was French) was something like "La Fillet au Revolutionaire Utena." Fillet ... as in a cut of steak. They meant fille (girl) of course. Tons of ads using that wording in Newtype for about 3 months then ... they fixed it. XD

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”