KR Build 48 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:20 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
31%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 48 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Rogue dies with the sun rise

Last week's results: 4.14 / 5 (14 votes)

Gentoku's death felt pretty good. It's cliche, but it's fun seeing him get more motivated because everyone's chanting for the Riders. It didn't feel overly drawn out, and it felt like his death was meaningful because he had finally understood what it meant to be a good politician (again). In particular, standing up and having Kamen Rider Rogue's shadow behind him was an awesome touch.

Sawa sure yells Gen's name a lot considering they have like no relationship. If they're implying she has a thing for him, it's a bit late for that now.

Dumb things:
-Sento and Banjou just lying down while Gentoku sacrifices himself. I know they're hurt and tired, but as soon as Gentoku dies, they get up. At least Kazumi died because he was by himself with no one to bail him out.

-Banjou, I know you're a super human alien hybrid, but how the hell can you see that there's no Skywall on the other Earth? Japan probably looks like a smudge from that distance.

-Why does Sento complete the Pandora Box? "Banjou, you're the one who has to complete the white panel". He just runs up and slaps it on while Sento does the rest. Kind of dumb?

-Why does losing the Genius bottle revert Sento to the Tank Tank form? That's arbitrary

-The more I think about it, the more the combining worlds solution sounds terrible. Yeah, maybe it's a world with no Evolt, but what else do we know about this parallel world? No Evolt probably means no Banjou. What if this is a world where Hitler won World War II and it's like Nazi Earth? On the flip side, what if this other Earth is paradise, and they're taking on whatever negative aspects from Build's Earth there are. Don't they get a say before their world is irrevocably changed?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Build 48 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

SawaxGentoku is a great ship. He was a creep to her in episode 1..... she cried... uh, yeah, good ship.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

100% risk, 100% reward with two heroic sacrifices and Japan cheering on for their heroes. Alright.

So why not Rabbit Tank or Sparkling when devolving from Genius??

Eh episode. One more to go, rebuild the world before Rebuild 3.0+1.0, Sento.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Rogues death was done really well. He dies not knowing if he achieved anything or he measured up to his fathers expectations, but he did manage to disable the Evol Trigger and give the heroes a path to victory. Also, cracked helmet fights are always great. I loved that line Rogue says about sacrificing Evolt for the greater good.

My only gripe was that Banjou using the Hazard Trigger for a power boost at the start seemed useless. They should have shifted that scene to the end as it would do the job of cancelling Builds transformation and giving Cross-Z a boost to take Evolt into the light.

Looking forward to the final episode next week!
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

I really wasn't expecting Ryuuga to sacrifice himself as well.

How did all those people know the riders were fighting up there?
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:20 pm -Banjou, I know you're a super human alien hybrid, but how the hell can you see that there's no Skywall on the other Earth? Japan probably looks like a smudge from that distance.
Well, you can actually see the lights from Skywall from space, as seen from the space shots. Having had that thing on Earth for a decade, you'd expect even Banjou to know what it looks like from space.

I'm glad to know they're seemingly not doing an epilogue episode. I never really liked those.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Just how many riders are we going to kill off, anyhow? Sure, it's one way to get rid of the supporting characters so that you can focus on the title character. But 4 dead heroes in two episodes is rather brutal...

Anyhow, I think I'm a bit more blase on this episode than everyone else, mostly because we just got done getting rid of a rider. However the fight scenes were great as always, especially Rogue fighting with a cracked helmet. I always like seeing the actual actors in their respective suits.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:20 pm -Why does losing the Genius bottle revert Sento to the Tank Tank form? That's arbitrary
It's his next most powerful form, I guess? Plus he can't go to his base form, because all of the bottles are currently tied up with the box.
The more I think about it, the more the combining worlds solution sounds terrible. Yeah, maybe it's a world with no Evolt, but what else do we know about this parallel world? No Evolt probably means no Banjou. What if this is a world where Hitler won World War II and it's like Nazi Earth? On the flip side, what if this other Earth is paradise, and they're taking on whatever negative aspects from Build's Earth there are. Don't they get a say before their world is irrevocably changed?
There's one more episode to make this right. But for all of those reasons, crashing on someone else's reality to escape your own really doesn't seem like an honorable (or heroic) plan.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Isn't the only difference that there isn't a Skywall? Which would imply that the only factor is that there is no Evolt. I'm sure Shinobu did the maths correctly.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:59 am Isn't the only difference that there isn't a Skywall? Which would imply that the only factor is that there is no Evolt. I'm sure Shinobu did the maths correctly.
Probably. But there's also already people living there, and whom I'm sure have no desire to deal with Skywall's fallout. Imagine "Mirror, Mirror", except Evil Kirk decides that he wants to bunk with Good Kirk.
Smart Jason
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Ian Yorkland
Favorite Actor?: Konno Ayuri
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Revenge is sweet
Type: ESTJ Supervisor

Post by Smart Jason »

at the start of the episode when evolt transform, the driver said Revolution, mis-sub into evolution. V2 :D
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:20 pm
-The more I think about it, the more the combining world's solution sounds terrible. Yeah, maybe it's a world with no Evolt, but what else do we know about this parallel world? No Evolt probably means no Banjou. What if this is a world where Hitler won World War II and it's like Nazi Earth? On the flip side, what if this other Earth is paradise, and they're taking on whatever negative aspects from Build's Earth there are. Don't they get a say before their world is irrevocably changed?
Isn't it the same parallel world they went to in the Build x Ex-Aid movie?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”