Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Ultraman Tiga & Dyna Movie Released!

Post by DaVinci030 »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ultraman_T ... t_of_Light

Alt title: TPC armies vs TPC technologies like Prometheus?

The movie subtitle is called Warriors of the Planet of Light. (Mind if I just say the Giants of Light? Oh never mind that.) This took place during Dyna series and sequel to Tiga. Let's get to it.

That big ol' battleship Prometheus is too powerful against kaiju and Ultraman. Dyna was no match for that. And WTF? No control panels, just the capsule? Is it a robot battleship?! Whoever made that thing, it's Professor Kisaragi Rui. Super GUTS are strongly against that, saying they depend on their strength on their battle against the kaijus.

The monster of this movie is obviously Alien Monera. It has possessed Professor Rui and taken control of Prometheus. Monera acts like a mama or something.

Well I know the GUTS officers are back instead of Captain Iruma but it's kinda short (without Daigo and Yazumi). Have you watched Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey we've released recently yet?
Spoiler
That explains why that girl is Daigo's and Rena's daughter (or star child) after they got married. (You can see her too on Super 8 Ultra Brothers epilogue)

I gave this movie a four. If you guys have anything to say about this movie, don't hesitate to discuss in this thread. (And please don't request any Ultraman stuff here. If you want to, post a request here.)

======================================================================

Oh yeah. Thanks to zeta_gundam for translating this movie. That's the third Tiga-related movie release in a year.

decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Re: Ultraman Tiga & Dyna Movie Released!

Post by decade368990 »

Another excellent Ultraman movie from my childhood. The narrative is perfectly done in infusing Tiga into the movie. Tiga isn't totally gone after his final battle in his own TV series. As long as humanity have hope, they can create light and the light eventually becomes Tiga. This is the kind of movie that tokusatsu movies should be doing today. Movies today should have a sense of story that flows towards the end of it; not derail it by having miserable origins mid-way, or lavish use on the CGI effect that Sakamoto Koichi is famously using.

Alien Monera is the first Kaiju larger than an Ultraman.

Anyone gets disturbed by the scene of Dyna being trapped inside Alien Monera and gets electrocuted to death?
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

I swear, the drum beat in the very beginning.....I thought it was a Golden Harvest logo introduction.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I feel like the movie shouldn't have Tiga first in the title where he shows up for only for a few minutes. Not only that, the human host for Tiga doesn't even show up at all so there's really no justification for having Tiga top billing except he came before Dyna. It was a Dyna movie with a cameo of Tiga to help him defeat the final boss.

Return to “Ultraman Dyna”