DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Garo Honoo no Kokuin 24 spoiler thread

Post by DaVinci030 »

This final episode makes me cry... a bit.

Alfonso and Ema are quite alive. I knew it. And goddamn it! I thought it's the fight between Anima and Leon... but Mendoza as well. Like what he said, he becomes invincible by consuming Anima.

It's the fight between Leon and the invincible Mendoza. He looks white I mean.

The truth about the carved seal of flames... yeah! It's about Anna's counterattack against Mendoza for trying to burn her at the stake.
Leon's Garo-Zoro form's actions and designs look kinda cool... but not necessarily for the original Garo. That's one hell of a badass Makai Knight. Too bad we couldn't see him riding Gouten.

For the epilogue, I liked the scene where Alfonso as Prince didn't like girls. Ximena is pregnant. Seriously, German? You guys gave birth to either son or daughter soon? WTF? I don't like that kind of plot even in episode 18. GODDAMNIT!

Also I liked the background scene where Lara laid to rest. That is why Leon visits her grave to see the good flowers. My my my... still I missed that pairing so much. (#レオララ is kinda better than #レオエマ... you know what I mean.)

So Leon, Alfonso, and Ema parted ways in Valiante. It's only Leon and Ema leaving the kingdom for another journey.

For me, I think it's a good anime though... but the stories and plots, it's too confusing... a bit. I'll give an 8 out of 10 overall for the whole series.

I think that's it, thanks for watching Honoo no Kokuin and here's the fanart.

Gold Storm Shou TV series, please look forward to it next week.

Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Garo Honoo no Kokuin 24 spoiler thread

Post by Dragonfan »

Overall I liked the anime.

My downsides would be:

- In contrast to the live actions, some selfcontained episodes were weak. Specifically, that episode with the steam armor is, for me, the worst Garo episode ever.
- The animation and drawing had some great peaks, but some parts that weren't very good. I wish it had a more consistent artistic side.
- CGI armors. I know it's hard to draw the armors in every pose and angle, but I just can't with CGI in anime. In live action products the CGI is a great tool because you can make things that are not possible otherwise, but there's not a single thing that you can do with CGI and not with traditional drawing in anime, so it's like they are telling you directly that they are lazy/cheap.

So there's a thing that I haven't got yet, is this the second season that they announced or are we gonna have another season?

For now, let's wait for the movie.

P.S: Also, next week, Ryuuga is back.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Excellent. The part at the end with Ximena's son is a nice callback to when he said he needed to have a child to pass on his armor.

That combined Garo/Zoro form is probably the best end power up as well.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

BTW, did I miss something or León stabbed himself and, after that, he was just fine?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It did seem that way, but watching it again it's kind of ambiguous. The armour is quite bulky as well so it could have impaled the armour but not him.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Dragonfan wrote: So there's a thing that I haven't got yet, is this the second season that they announced or are we gonna have another season?

For now, let's wait for the movie.

P.S: Also, next week, Ryuuga is back.

I was fine with the CGI in the show sure the art was bad at sometimes but I don't usually criticize an anime for its art I criticize it for its story. In this case, the first half of the anime had a storyline which was great. The second half of the anime was mostly about Leon recovering from his injuries and learning to open up; German and Alfonso were just Horror hunting as usual. Sure Ema and Leon as a couple was a bit surprising to me but why not. The story didn't start until near the end. Overall the anime deserves an 7.5.

Yes there will be a season season for the anime.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack

Post by DaVinci030 »

Dragonfan wrote:So there's a thing that I haven't got yet, is this the second season that they announced or are we gonna have another season?
I dunno if there will be a second season or a movie.
OOOKaiser wrote:Sure Ema and Leon as a couple was a bit surprising to me but why not.
Maybe Leon has other things to deal with (like: who can pass down the Zoro blades to?) instead of going with Ema.

~~~~~

During the final episode viewing party with staffs and some supporting voice actors. Seriously, what about Namikawa Daisuke (Leon VA), Horiuchi Kenyuu (German VA)?

Plus, Director Hayashi Yuuichirou draws Lara character on Aiba Madoka's (Lara VA) iPhone. Considered as an autograph.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I like how it's come full circle. Leon can't go with Ema because he has to train his brother in the absence of his father like his father trained him in the absence of his mother.

If we do get another season set in this universe, it'll be nice if it shows an older Leon dealing with a large threat and having his brother cut his teeth on horrors at the same time.

And more Gaia. While I don't care for Alfonso greatly, that armour is super sexy.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack

Post by DaVinci030 »

Catastrophe wrote:Leon can't go with Ema because he has to train his brother in the absence of his father like his father trained him in the absence of his mother.
Oh... you mean he has to train his step-brother?

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's actually half-brother. Step-brother is for when one of your parents married into someone who already has a son.
Dragonfan wrote:My downsides would be:

- In contrast to the live actions, some selfcontained episodes were weak. Specifically, that episode with the steam armor is, for me, the worst Garo episode ever.
- CGI armors. I know it's hard to draw the armors in every pose and angle, but I just can't with CGI in anime. In live action products the CGI is a great tool because you can make things that are not possible otherwise, but there's not a single thing that you can do with CGI and not with traditional drawing in anime, so it's like they are telling you directly that they are lazy/cheap.

So there's a thing that I haven't got yet, is this the second season that they announced or are we gonna have another season?
Man the steam armor episode was great. Sometimes a show needs to have a sense of humor to it even though there's death and carnage throughout.

As to the CGI thing, you don't remember all the bitching about the CG in Yami. It's going to stay, no use complaining about it at this point. Just hope they will get better at it.

I really think the second season was probably the second half of the show. It was probably some misunderstanding to it.

The characters in the show were pretty great. Much better than Zero Black Blood and Makai no Hana. I really did like Leon had an actual fall from grace and recovered from it as a better character. I would even say that Leon is probably the best Garo in terms of character development. We need more Makai Knights like German. He's Takeru but without the overacting.

It's a shame that the series won't be watched because the art style but it was good though. Here's to more medieval action in the Garo universe.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack

Post by DaVinci030 »

Phoenix512 wrote:I really did like Leon had an actual fall from grace and recovered from it as a better character. I would even say that Leon is probably the best Garo in terms of character development.
Agreed. I liked more on Leon... pretty much. I hope they will have a new anime movie.

SCAR FLAME is one of my best episodes 'cause I cared about Leon being recovered from his suffering (it's about revenge against Mendoza) and become Garo as protectors instead of cutting down Horrors. Leon... is probably the same as Kouga.

Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Phoenix512 wrote:
Man the steam armor episode was great. Sometimes a show needs to have a sense of humor to it even though there's death and carnage throughout.

As to the CGI thing, you don't remember all the bitching about the CG in Yami. It's going to stay, no use complaining about it at this point. Just hope they will get better at it.

I really think the second season was probably the second half of the show. It was probably some misunderstanding to it.

The characters in the show were pretty great. Much better than Zero Black Blood and Makai no Hana. I really did like Leon had an actual fall from grace and recovered from it as a better character. I would even say that Leon is probably the best Garo in terms of character development. We need more Makai Knights like German. He's Takeru but without the overacting.

It's a shame that the series won't be watched because the art style but it was good though. Here's to more medieval action in the Garo universe.
I totally welcome humor episodes, the problem of that episode is not the humor, is the lack of it, and the lack of coherence. Garo has always been in our world. Yeah, with fantasy and stuff, but it is supposed to be our world. How is it possible that in Spanish middle age they built a steam machine? And what about the webcam or whatever that was? And even without those crazy things, the episode wasn't funny for me, just ridiculous and tedious.

And about the CGI, this is different from Yami. Yami was a live action show, and the complain was the lack of physical armor. In other terms, it is a matter of what kind of special effect is the best for certain scenes. So, CGI or physical, you need an special effect to do that.

In anime, the discussion is different since there's no need of CGI. You can do everything with drawing, it is going to be more consistent, it is going to look better, but yeah, it is going to need more work and money. I don't care if it is here to stay, I still don't like CGI in anime. Maybe the technology improves a lot and in the future we won't be able to tell the difference between a drawn shot and a CGI shot, but nowadays the CGI stands out a lot, and in a bad way.

Actually, I wouldn't care if they do the season 2 or the movie completely with CGI. It is not that I don't like CGI animation, what I don't like is CGI animation meddling with traditional animation.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

You haven't watched much newer anime or otherwise you would know there's CG everywhere. No physical armor is the same as complaining about CG to me.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Phoenix512 wrote:You haven't watched much newer anime or otherwise you would know there's CG everywhere. No physical armor is the same as complaining about CG to me.
I watch a lot of newer anime and, like I said, the fact that is everywhere doesn't mean that I like it and that I should stop protesting about something that I don't like. There are still good anime without CGI.

Hunter X Hunter 2011 almost didn't have CGI (I remember maybe two scenes in the whole series), Mushishi Zoku shou didn't have, Space Dandy only the spaceship and not always, etc...

It is not like the CGI is mandatory in anime nowadays, you still can watch good shows without it.

And the same goes with the armor in Yami, we had Makai no hana with real armor, and as far as we know, we are going to have Gold Storm with real armor, so it is not like "CGI or nothing", it has been proven that things can be done with physical armor, and maybe the return of the armor it is precisely because of the people who complained about the CGI in YWTM.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Glad I finally got around the watching the anime. I missed seeing TV-Nihon styled subtitles though. I liked it even if I had minor wants/complaints.
-I felt like Gaia was underused. That armor was so badass looking and I wanted more.
-Outside of the first few episodes and a few in the middle of the series they barely speak on Leon's seal. I kinda thought that would've been the point of the show.
-Also did they really explain what the seals were? I supposed they were a spell by his mother to protect him. Also why were they so similar to Mendoza's curse. I wanted them to touch on that. Unless they weren't really related and that was just a stylistic choice.

Return to “Garo Anime”