DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Ratings Poll: Garo -Honoo no Kokuin-

Post by DaVinci030 »

Although this anime series still licensed, but I still wanted to know what do you think of this anime series. These background music composed by MONACA was so good (Even for that hallelujah thing).

I can say this again:
DaVinci030 wrote:For me, I think it's a good anime though... but the stories and plots, it's too confusing... a bit. I'll give an 8 out of 10 overall for the whole series.
So I got a solid 4.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Ratings Poll: Garo -Honoo no Kokuin-

Post by Catastrophe »

It's great. I love the mid season gap with farmer Leon having to earn GARO back. I like the fact they did GARO in a medieval setting and I look forward to animations doing something similar in the future.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

For me the show has two problems.

Storywise, it has some of the weakest standalone episode. The one with the villagers building the Garo armor, or the strange wolf episode, were horrible.

The other one is the CGi animation. Even though it isn't bad if you compare with some animes, it's still unnecesary.

Apart from that, I really liked the characters and the core plot.

I would give it a 4.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

I liked the second half of the series. That's when Leon really changed in the second half. I'm giving it a 4.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I really enjoyed this series. It's a very good (not great) anime. However, as a GARO series (and in general), it's a bit cliche and not all that amazing. It deserves a 3.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

I enjoyed anime more than series itself solely because Garo always felt like a medieval theme to me and it was fitting in anime that well. Other than that character development in anime was better than in series IMHO. Yes it had some 'fall out of pace' episodes like dragonfan mentioned but even them gave some dept about how people were envisioning heroes or other things which gave it a breathing worl atmosphere rather than everything resolves around MC. If I had one complain that would be farmer girl didn't need to die but than Leon would never leave her side. Oh and i gave it a 5.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

for me storywise & character development, Honoou no Kokuin might be THE BEST among all Garo series.
Lara is a very important character in Leon development, at creates the whole new character of Leon & his redemption.
for Alfonso as well, his story also quite good. so does for his teacher, Raphael is an interesting character.
i like almost all characterin here, good or bad. they create it in a very good way.

i forget the name of the enemy, but he's quite ok. However, the maid that help her, her story &development is way much better.
emma guzman is quite interesting as well.

in the attempt to define Hero & Protector thing, this series really do it in a very good way & a bit dark/harsh i think. But hey, isn't Garo is an adult Tokusatsu show that aim the more mature target market?? i think the scale of the story & events for all chara quite represent the mature thing
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko

Return to “Garo Anime”