Garo Anime Season 2 Confirmed

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Garo Anime Season 2 Confirmed

Post by Phoenix512 »

Studio MAPPA who did the first season has confirmed that the second season of the anime will begin in October. It's not a direct sequel to the first season. It will have a female lead this time along with being set in the Heian period of Japan. I wonder if we are going to see Garo in this or maybe even a female Makai Knight.

Also the Garo anime movie will be released next summer but it's not known what universe it will be set in.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ber/.90850
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Garo Anime Season 2 Confirmed

Post by Dragonfan »

Maybe they are going to show us how the armor went from Spain to Japan?

Anyway,it is an intereseting turn of events, and I want this idea of showing us the makai world in different parts of the world and different periods.

On the other hand, it is a shame that we may not see León and Alfonso again. Maybe in the movie.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Guess it's Heian period in Japan. I wanna see if the anime season 2 is different from the previous season (Valiante era). If it's October, I believe it starts after Gold Storm Shou.

It's either Makai Knight or Priest as a female protagonist. I'm up for that.

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Daaaaaamn I wasn't going to watch this but I love Heian Japan
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yus. First season was great.
Tarlo Viola
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Amazons 2
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tarlo Viola »

Dragonfan wrote:Maybe they are going to show us how the armor went from Spain to Japan?

Anyway,it is an intereseting turn of events, and I want this idea of showing us the makai world in different parts of the world and different periods.

On the other hand, it is a shame that we may not see León and Alfonso again. Maybe in the movie.
The film is another story again
Just an italian guy
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Tarlo Viola wrote:
Dragonfan wrote:Maybe they are going to show us how the armor went from Spain to Japan?

The film is another story again
Yes, a new story, but that doesn't mean that we are not going to have the same characters. I think that he said new story to clarify that it is not a recap movie, like Shingeki no Kyojin or Tengen Toppa, but a new story.

But in terms of characters used on it, everything is still possible.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It'll be nice if this story doesn't have a Garo in it. Since Garo carries so much stuff with him whereever he goes. I'm sure there are other interesting Makai Knights, just do a story about one of those guys.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

takenoko wrote:It'll be nice if this story doesn't have a Garo in it. Since Garo carries so much stuff with him whereever he goes. I'm sure there are other interesting Makai Knights, just do a story about one of those guys.
I actually think that they should apply this reasoning for the live actions too. Maybe they don't do it because GARO is the brand name and they fear that if the show is called BARON it isn't going to attract much attention, but storywise it would be great for the franchise, considering that we have had 5 Garo owners so far (and I am just counting the main characters, not flashbacks and so on).
Tarlo Viola
Favorite series: Amazons 2
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim

Post by Tarlo Viola »

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9SuoM0EzE

Character Masakazu Katsura

Spoiler
Just an italian guy
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Raiga from Makai no Hana is voicing Raikō who is the person who wields the Garo armor this time around. There's a new PV that shows off what to expect from the new season.

https://youtu.be/U-p7Zu8JbD0
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

Here's a more up to date trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gz-OzBnaSY

As for the first anime series, I really enjoy it, in fact, much so than the two recent live action season (Makai no Hana & Gold Storm Shou so far). But the first anime might not have to appeal some Garo purist just solely because it was in a European setting and design of the characters of being a bit simple looking.

This time around they are going with something purely Eastern as in Heian setting, and the Garo itself armor is almost identical to Raiga's with it having same eye and the live action look
Spoiler
which they did include in the second half of the first anime series
. Which beings me to the next line of saying Raikou (No, not the Pokemon) the main protagonist is going be voiced by Nakayama Masei who did Raiga. While I don't like Raiga as character, I do think it's cool that actor is playing a spiritual version. The character design is done by the same person who did Tiger & Bunny, which I can say already it's going appeal to people more than the first season's design. Most of the seiyuu cast from the first anime is back and it's nice to see Zaruba is going to be making a return once again. I feel like they are going to make it a more fateful to the live action and it's going replace the first just because of the elitist out there. Which is sad since it was actually great Garo series IMO. If anything, the series that deserve to be replaced is Makai no Hana.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Did you even bother to read any of the other posts especially the one above yours because some of the stuff you mentioned was already said like the trailer and Raiga being in it? It's rather annoying to be ignored like that.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Yeah, I was actually watching the trailer and wondering myself how was it "more up to date" XD.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

I'm slightly disappointed that the protagonist lead wasn't going to be a female when I saw the trailer. It would be interesting to see a female as Garo

Return to “Garo Anime”