DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Garo Guren no Tsuki 01 spoiler thread

Post by DaVinci030 »

This is likely a good start for the Heian period series. OP was so meh, and I like the ED theme song a bit.

As for this episode, that man (possessed by a Horror) is looking for a beautiful women to imbue with life. What is this? Turning women into a sculpture (bodhisattvas)?

And Raikou's katana was actually a GARO ken?!

What can you say about this episode? 4/5 for me.
Spoiler
CG Heart Destruction mode next week?

wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Garo Guren no Tsuki 01 spoiler thread

Post by wisdomcat »

I thought it was decent. The animation is a bit better than the first season so its a plus for me.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I just watched this and it left a real negative feeling with me. So far it's a real disappointment compared to the first Garo anime.

It did have some nice moments with the music and the statues. And the horror of the week was good, if a bit undeveloped.

However, the kiddie cartoony main characters are really out of place in a Garo series.
Tarlo Viola
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Amazons 2
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tarlo Viola »

It's the opposite of Honoo no kokuin

At beginning seemed uninspired but once arrived at the battle I immersed in as I must do. Not expecting anything, but get carried away by the music (beautiful) and the shots, the play of looks; because at the end the fight against the angry god Nio has resulted in "Knight pulling a slash and wins" but all the preparation before the coming of that one blow was pleasant (I would have understood by the opening, no rocker like last series but a sonata calm and peaceful).

The armor then is crazy, is not a supernatural shining armor but a real image of gold (the surface is absolutely realistic and the zooms... you can enjoy the whole).

the two-dimensional drawing is meh , but the night backgrounds where it mixes 2d with cg are spectacular.

(sorry for my bad english)
Just an italian guy
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

I am trying to figure out what the gimmick in this series is. So Raikou cannot summon the Garo armour on his own? He also seems winded after using the armour. Zaruba being encased in stone is interesting, hope they elaborate on that in the coming episodes.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Wouldn't the gimmick be the setting for the most part?

It was a good first episode. It was nice to see a Priest (not an Alchemist as Funimation has it) use a brush in the anime. Looks like we even get a main villain in the first episode.

As for having kid main characters, it's fine. Berserk has kid main characters and look at the gore level of that series. If Garo is just below that level, it will be fine.
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

The pilot was tad confusing, but I don't mind as long they explain it in the next episode. It took me three episode to really get into Hono no Kokuin, and surprisingly it turn out to be one of the better Garo series we have recently. As for animation, there are minor hiccups here and there but for it's alright. Garo armor's texture for the most part no longer has that metallic CGI look, which while it was accurate to the live action, but it left regular anime viewers complaining that it looks like something Gonzo would do. The music seem to be pretty similar with Hono no Kokuin as the similar soundtrack playing during lighthearted downtime moments when Raikou and the kid are talking with other. Personally I enjoy the opening and ending more than Hono no Kokuin right now. I'm fan of Jam Project, but I didn't enjoy their music as much in Hono no Kokuin. It's mainly because those songs have obvious lyrics saying that it's Garo, which ironically I love in the first two season of the live action. But overtime it's going to get tiresome to have more reincarnation or sequels have those type of lyrics. It kinda like how I feel about Power Ranger Samarai opening. This opening I enjoy a lot more for being more original and at the same time had the upbeat energy that lures you into the show. The ending alone ranks up for me as the top ten song in Garo or maybe even five. The songs probably bummed the grade up for me which overall I give it 3.5. Even though, the first episode didn't have enough on the character and it plays out like it expect you to know some of the stuff already like with Gold Storm Sho and Makai no Hana, it's the production value that save it from being completely mediocre for me, and I'm happy that this is not sequel since the last two Garo live action sequel, the ones mention above, were disappointing.
Phoenix512 wrote: It was nice to see a Priest (not an Alchemist as Funimation has it) use a brush in the anime.
I still cringe on Funimation for doing that. Makai Hoshi/Priest has nothing to do alchemy and it just bring in stupid fan from their fanbase to criticize that it's ripping off Fullmetal Alchemist or something. Seriously they have better names to choose from like monk, exorcist, and even magicians works better. The only reason why they didn't translate it as "Priest" is because in the show there was a regular Priest and they was differentiate by translating as some other name.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

I liked this episode a lot.

Maybe Seimie is the real heir of the Garo armour, but she can't use it because she is a woman, so they are using some kind of loophole to make Raiko able to use it?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The most interesting character so far is the Priest. She has all kinds of sass. Have to say I did enjoy the first episode of the previous anime series more, but I'll give this time to see what happens.

Return to “Garo Anime”